by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Western Isles Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,45622,45722,45822,45922,46022,46122,462. . .22,54722,548»

Nhoor wrote:That could have been successful if you hadn't shared that with everybody here :)

A day before April Fool's none the less

New Aapelistan wrote:A day before April Fool's none the less

What wasted potential.

Does this region have a discord server?

Going back home after my mom applied for a permit to return to Helsinki. Quite eerie got to say, as I've never seen the roads this empty

sure is interesting that bloomberg was willing to spend a billion dollars on advertising his presidential campaign, but there's a distinct lack of anywhere close to that amount of money going to stop a deadly global pandemic

Shidei wrote:sure is interesting that bloomberg was willing to spend a billion dollars on advertising his presidential campaign, but there's a distinct lack of anywhere close to that amount of money going to stop a deadly global pandemic

The health of the majority is not in the interests of the rich.

I just ordered pizzata at the only restaurant in the wide area that is still open on Tuesdays. On other days this number may be expanded to a sad three at the moment...

We were fed up with our own cooking :)

Well, now I've experienced it. Passport and ID required when going from a province to another

New Aapelistan wrote:Well, now I've experienced it. Passport and ID required when going from a province to another

In the future passports will probably contain links to your online health record so that it can be determined by foreign officials that you have a mild case of Levodian flu upon which they will refuse you entrance to their nation.

Nhoor wrote:In the future passports will probably contain links to your online health record so that it can be determined by foreign officials that you have a mild case of Levodian flu upon which they will refuse you entrance to their nation.

Got to say, it's a bit surreal going home and having to have your passport with you. Not crossing any international borders even.

Yesterday, I think those roads had a queue of 2 hours for those trying to get back home

If anyone ever tells you math is easy they're lying.

Sulamze wrote:If anyone ever tells you math is easy they're lying.

math is easy…when you have водка

Sulamze wrote:If anyone ever tells you math is easy they're lying.

math is easy before they start taking away all of the numbers

San Montagna, Nhoor, and Pratara

Shidei wrote:math is easy before they start taking away all of the numbers

This right here

Amaan land wrote:Does this region have a discord server?

Below is a link to the mostly unofficial TWI Discord server. It is meant primarily for non-NS conversations and chill.

Do note that not all TWI members use the Discord. Hence, try to keep RP planning, nation-building efforts, and OOC collaboration in the NS site (RMB and forums), so all TWI member would be able to read and participate. If you do discuss NS related matters - remember to post any important details on the NS site a well.

Chat Rules

  • Swearing is allowed, but please do not go overboard. Derogatory or Racist slurs are not allowed.

  • Nudity and Pornography are not allowed. This is a public server, and many different people of all ages frequent here. Also, avoid saying obscene things.

  • Please keep all discussions relevant to the channel they are in.

  • Advertising or recruiting for other regions isn't allowed here.

  • Do not flame, troll, or bully. Keep spam in the spam channel only.

Read dispatch

Shidei wrote:math is easy before they start taking away all of the numbers

But... that's when math starts to get good.

Linaviar wrote:But... that's when math starts to get good.

These are not mutually exclusive traits

That being said, calculus is the only class I dropped out of so by that metric it's terrible

Shidei wrote:These are not mutually exclusive traits

That being said, calculus is the only class I dropped out of so by that metric it's terrible

I failed statistics but I got to pass to to what I really want and get my masters degree in history

Sulamze wrote:If anyone ever tells you math is easy they're lying.

Math as far as it's just adding, subtracting, multiplying etc. is OK and you learn that in primary school. Secondary school math is nonsense unless you want to work as a quantum mechanic; so far I literally never had to use in real adult life any of the things they tried to teach me in secondary school. And it's not like seemingly useless facts that you learn in history ('1600 Battle of Nieuwpoort') or geography ('the river Rhine enters the Netherlands at Lobith') or language classes ('aus außer bei mit nach seit von zu are German prepositions that require the dative case'), knowledge of which you will need to randomly show off at parties; nobody is ever going to do that with math :)

Linaviar wrote:But... that's when math starts to get good.

Math was good until Calculus. Now three years into calculus classes I have finally had to withdraw from a class. Math is bullsh*t

Shidei wrote:math is easy before they start taking away all of the numbers

Math was great before it had numbers too, that at least is the math I have enjoyed most and most consistently.

WA Election part two? Huh, something worth doing.

Nhoor wrote:Math as far as it's just adding, subtracting, multiplying etc. is OK and you learn that in primary school. Secondary school math is nonsense unless you want to work as a quantum mechanic; so far I literally never had to use in real adult life any of the things they tried to teach me in secondary school. And it's not like seemingly useless facts that you learn in history ('1600 Battle of Nieuwpoort') or geography ('the river Rhine enters the Netherlands at Lobith') or language classes ('aus außer bei mit nach seit von zu are German prepositions that require the dative case'), knowledge of which you will need to randomly show off at parties; nobody is ever going to do that with math :)

That's not what the math is for in the grand scheme of things. It's about the problem solving and logic abilities that you developed in class that you'll use elsewhere. I haven't ever needed to prove symmetry between two angles in the years I've been out of school, but I'm damn good at mental math and being able to detail all the steps it takes me to get to an answer of any kind

Calculus still blows, though

Vote for me lol

Is this seriously our April event

«12. . .22,45622,45722,45822,45922,46022,46122,462. . .22,54722,548»

Advertisement