by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Western Isles Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,38522,38622,38722,38822,38922,39022,391. . .22,47222,473»

The Aziran Islands wrote:Rest in piece, Mr. Shrimp. At least he didn't spend his life chewing on electrical cords and people's faces like a certain cat

luckily this particular shrimp was succeeded by at least one round of shrimplets, so her line will carry one

Corindia wrote:luckily this particular shrimp was succeeded by at least one round of shrimplets, so her line will carry one

How many shrimp do you have? If you don't have the data, I recommend a weekly census to determine the exact number of each species in your tanks. You can send the data to me and I can make charts.

The Aziran Islands wrote:Latest "album" from my "band" that is less like a band and more like a bunch of teenagers in a garage with some keyboards who have somehow gotten drunk with nothing but Chex Mix and Oreos.
https://intelligenttraffic.bandcamp.com/album/the-second-coming-of-christ-the-first-coming-of-mecha-bunny-christ-ep

Well it's certainly unlike anything I've ever heard before.

The Aziran Islands wrote:How many shrimp do you have? If you don't have the data, I recommend a weekly census to determine the exact number of each species in your tanks. You can send the data to me and I can make charts.

so I do count frequently, but I can only count how many I can see. 12 went in last year, and as far as I know there are ~20 adult shrimp and an uncountable horde of shrimplets right now. There's no way to do a real census, unfortunately

San Montagna wrote:Well it's certainly unlike anything I've ever heard before.

My friend describes us as "post-good"

The Aziran Islands wrote:My friend describes us as "post-good"

But what inspired you to create this post-good masterpiece?

San Montagna wrote:But what inspired you to create this post-good masterpiece?

I don't really know. We made all of it up as we went. I'm the keyboardist in most of the tracks. We usually start with a general idea of what we want the song to be, and then keep going until we get board, can't keep a straight face, someone loses their voice, or all 3. The one rule is no second takes. Ever.

Corindia wrote:Huh. Not good. How quickly would your inverts/other fish eat them if they died do you think?

I don't know. None of them strike me as particularly ravenous carrion creatures, and they get fed on a regular basis. 1 Glowlight tetra (his buddy is in QT for something unrelated rn), now 6 white clouds, 3 bronze corydoras, 8 amanos, and maybe half a dozen bladder snails

The Aziran Islands wrote:I don't really know. We made all of it up as we went. I'm the keyboardist in most of the tracks. We usually start with a general idea of what we want the song to be, and then keep going until we get board, can't keep a straight face, someone loses their voice, or all 3. The one rule is no second takes. Ever.

Well it's way better than the crap I come up with on my own.

Trump: It's not like you've got China on your border
Modi: (makes his eyes bigger in surprise)

Me: Oh come on, NaMo. Orange Man is playing 4D Chess and recognizing Tibet as a sovereign country. I am sure that is something both of you and the Dalai Lama want...

It's either that or he really thinks the countries of Nipple and Button are much larger than they are.

Edit: India and China would still touch even if Tibet was an independent country. So Orange Man was also recognizing Kashmir as an independent country and NaMo didn't like that.

I'm feeling for a shrimp sandwhich.

Agadar wrote:I'm feeling for a shrimp sandwhich.

Hey! Someone's shrimp just died. That's disrespectful :(

Athara Magarat wrote:Hey! Someone's shrimp just died. That's disrespectful :(

Someone's gotta eat it

Agadar wrote:I'm feeling for a shrimp sandwhich.

same tbh

Athara Magarat wrote:Trump: It's not like you've got China on your border
Modi: (makes his eyes bigger in surprise)

Me: Oh come on, NaMo. Orange Man is playing 4D Chess and recognizing Tibet as a sovereign country. I am sure that is something both of you and the Dalai Lama want...

It's either that or he really thinks the countries of Nipple and Button are much larger than they are.

Edit: India and China would still touch even if Tibet was an independent country. So Orange Man was also recognizing Kashmir as an independent country and NaMo didn't like that.

China is an illegitimate country, letís go back to those 1930 borders.

Havalland wrote:China is an illegitimate country, letís go back to those 1930 borders.

1930's borders worked out soooooooo well last time

Dothrakia wrote:1930's borders worked out soooooooo well last time

We can break it even smaller and let a new imperial dynasty form, yes I am saying letís start a giant civil war and while the PRoC is distracted we finish that Korean War.

Shrimps are pretty good

Balnik wrote:Shrimps are pretty good

There's this great takeout place in my town that serves spectacular shrimp lo mein

Anybody else spend their morning shoveling 6 inches of snow off their car windshield?

The Aziran Islands wrote:Anybody else spend their morning shoveling 6 inches of snow off their car windshield?

No, but I may have to remove the rest of the village from the entrance to my house to leave it tomorrow ; it's quite windy here atm :)

Last week's happenings can be found here :



See the Regional Archives for the less recent Weekly Happenings format and days even further in the past.


Read dispatch

All is well in Gael it seems.

Balnik wrote:All is well in Gael it seems.

for now

Havalland wrote:We can break it even smaller and let a new imperial dynasty form, yes I am saying letís start a giant civil war and while the PRoC is distracted we finish that Korean War.

Yup. An independent (and landlocked+mountainous) Tibet is f@cked from Day 1 if they still border giants like China and India (even more so if this independent Tibet is a theocracy...).

Let's break all big nations. They are way too powerful. Why stop at China? Let's divide India into 532 states, Germany into HRE-style states, carve more states out of Turkey just like with the Ottomans, make each Indonesian island an independent country, free the Ainu and Okinawa from Japan, make all Russian subdivisions independent and do the same sh!t for US, Brazil amd Canada.

«12. . .22,38522,38622,38722,38822,38922,39022,391. . .22,47222,473»

Advertisement