by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Western Isles Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .22,59022,59122,59222,593

Segentova wrote:Boston is removing a statue of Abraham Lincoln freeing a slave.... because reasons. I'm honestly done with society.... this is peak clown-world.

In this specific instance, I kind of get it due to imagery associated with it. The statue had a slave bowing down to Lincoln. Perhaps removing the slave or repositioning would be better than downright removal, however

Athara Magarat wrote:Wait, wait, wait. Kanye West running for US President is not a joke?

Iíve heard there may be some alternate motives, but thatís just pure speculation.

Visois wrote:Our two options are a babbling idiot with a twitter addiction and a dementia ridden old man who canít keep his hands to himself for five minutes.

I miss having actual candidates

Iím personally voting third party

Athara Magarat wrote:Wait, wait, wait. Kanye West running for US President is not a joke?

He announced the campaign but hasnít filed with the FEC, and its past the filing deadline in many states to be on the ballot as an independent. So probably is a joke.

Guys guys guys guys, I would take a bag of peanuts over Trump at this point. This bag of peanuts though knows what heís doing and has been in politics for decades. I think thatís what we need at this point. Heís had some slip ups and maybe put a hand on some odd places but he is miles better than the current POTUS haha

Santiland Repubilc wrote:He announced the campaign but hasnít filed with the FEC, and its past the filing deadline in many states to be on the ballot as an independent. So probably is a joke.

A nice little sidenote for his Wikipedia page

Athara Magarat wrote:I smell a rivalry here


A Night-Miyongma rifle in mint condition


Type: Bolt-action rifle
Place of origin: Khas-Kirat Empire


In Service: 1886 - Present


Designer: Captain Sigmund Night,
Laklungma Miyongma
Designed: 1886
No. built: 700,000+
Variants: Rifle 1889
Carbine 1889
Sniper Rifle 1928

TBD other nation variants


Weight: 3.375 kg / 7.5 lb to 5.157 kg / 11.46 lb depending on model
Length: 986 mm / 38.8 in to 1328 mm / 52.28 in depending on model
Barrel length: 520 mm / 20.5 in to 832 mm / 32.78 in depending on mode


Cartridge: 8◊58mmR Miyongma
.30-40 Night
6.5◊55mm Khas-Kirati
Action: Bolt action
Rate of fire: 21.5-30/RPM by skilled user
Muzzle velocity: 580 m/s (1900 ft/s) to 870 m/s (2855ft/s) depending on ammunition
Effective firing range: 900 m (3,000 ft)
Feed system: 5-round magazine
Sights: V-notch and front post

TBD

Early development


TBD

During Imperial War


TBD

Post-war production


TBD

Special Night-Miyongma rifles / carbines and oddities


TBD

Ammunition


TBD

Comparison of service rifles


TBD

Comparison with contemporary rifle


TBD

Operators


Current operators

  • Athara Magarat (used for training)

  • Samuderan Revolutionary Army

  • San Montagna (used in training and for reserve purposes)

  • Thuzbekistan (was used in their revolution and a few are still used today)

  • TBD

Former operators

Others

  • Kirat-Sunuwar Workers Party, Noronica

  • SHOCK

  • TBD

Read dispatch

Well they will be shooting at each other haha

Aizcona wrote:Guys guys guys guys, I would take a bag of peanuts over Trump at this point. This bag of peanuts though knows what heís doing and has been in politics for decades. I think thatís what we need at this point. Heís had some slip ups and maybe put a hand on some odd places but he is miles better than the current POTUS haha

Thatís fair, but that bag of peanuts doesnít have nearly as much similarities in views as 3rd party candidates and I refuse to vote based on the lesser of two evils mentality, so Iíll just vote on who I think would be best for the country 🤷‍♂️

Remodio wrote:Thatís fair, but that bag of peanuts doesnít have nearly as much similarities in views as 3rd party candidates and I refuse to vote based on the lesser of two evils mentality, so Iíll just vote on who I think would be best for the country 🤷‍♂️

My dude, I get that view point. But for this one election, I think the one evil is too much not to go for lesser of two evils. Iím all down for the libertarians (Wish they wouldnít run joke candidates) but for reals, Trump is a clown, who is spiraling out of control and alienating everything. His base is a collection of traitors and honestly I would be down for sweeping them off this mortal coil

Aizcona wrote:My dude, I get that view point. But for this one election, I think the one evil is too much not to go for lesser of two evils. Iím all down for the libertarians (Wish they wouldnít run joke candidates) but for reals, Trump is a clown, who is spiraling out of control and alienating everything. His base is a collection of traitors and honestly I would be down for sweeping them off this mortal coil

Iím not go going with JoJo, haha, Iím more of a Hawkins guy
The thing is, Biden has a HUGE lead so this is more of a statement vote. Heís even leading in Texas in some polls. So I figured that since my vote doesnít matter anyways then whatís the huge deal? Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Aizcona wrote:My dude, I get that view point. But for this one election, I think the one evil is too much not to go for lesser of two evils. Iím all down for the libertarians (Wish they wouldnít run joke candidates) but for reals, Trump is a clown, who is spiraling out of control and alienating everything. His base is a collection of traitors and honestly I would be down for sweeping them off this mortal coil

I understand not liking the man but wishing death upon those who disagree with you is extreme and doesnít make the point youíre making very attractive.

Visois wrote:I understand not liking the man but wishing death upon those who disagree with you is extreme and doesnít make the point youíre making very attractive.

Naw I wouldnít actually want that, thatís a bit much. It canít be understated that I think their lack of moral compass is awful though.

Remodio wrote:Iím not go going with JoJo, haha, Iím more of a Hawkins guy
The thing is, Biden has a HUGE lead so this is more of a statement vote. Heís even leading in Texas in some polls. So I figured that since my vote doesnít matter anyways then whatís the huge deal? Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Polls werenít right last time

Remodio wrote:Iím personally voting third party

Iím not voting at all. I refuse to vote for trump but the democrats share none of the values I hold. Plus I live in a deep red states so my vote is meaningless anyways

Aizcona wrote:Well they will be shooting at each other haha

Yeah. Right :)

I just got a dog elected to a seat in my assembly. Finally some good politicians

Remodio wrote:
The thing is, Biden has a HUGE lead so this is more of a statement vote. Heís even leading in Texas in some polls. So I figured that since my vote doesnít matter anyways then whatís the huge deal? Į\_(ツ)_/Į

That's a very bad mentality to have. If you don't vote for the candidate in the lead, you're reducing the lead they have. Imagine if millions of people do the same thing. Suddenly that lead disappears quickly

In this election, a vote for anything but Biden (assuming he gets the nomination) is a vote for Trump and the current status quo of the Trump administration destroying what actually makes America great

Shidei wrote:That's a very bad mentality to have. If you don't vote for the candidate in the lead, you're reducing the lead they have. Imagine if millions of people do the same thing. Suddenly that lead disappears quickly

In this election, a vote for anything but Biden (assuming he gets the nomination) is a vote for Trump and the current status quo of the Trump administration destroying what actually makes America great

Is it really a democracy if I have to vote for the guy I donít want just to get the other guy I donít want out of office? I think thatís a worse mentality. My mentality is to vote for the guy who I DO want because thatís how democracy should work

Shidei wrote:That's a very bad mentality to have. If you don't vote for the candidate in the lead, you're reducing the lead they have. Imagine if millions of people do the same thing. Suddenly that lead disappears quickly

In this election, a vote for anything but Biden (assuming he gets the nomination) is a vote for Trump and the current status quo of the Trump administration destroying what actually makes America great

if millions of others would do the same, we wouldnít be in a two party system and we could get some better candidates

Visois wrote:if millions of others would do the same, we wouldnít be in a two party system and we could get some better candidates

What else is there in this rigged state? Gary Johnson? Dude couldn't find his way out of a paper bag with a hole on each side.

Rhenvaar wrote:What else is there in this rigged state? Gary Johnson? Dude couldn't find his way out of a paper bag with a hole on each side.

I donít know anyone cause the libertarian party is too small lmao

I wish it got more attention so that more people would know about it therefor more would run. Though if it got 5% of the popular vote it would be eligible for public funding

Visois wrote:I donít know anyone cause the libertarian party is too small lmao

I wish it got more attention so that more people would know about it therefor more would run. Though if it got 5% of the popular vote it would be eligible for public funding

Theres also Howie Hawkins of the Green Party.

Remodio wrote:My mentality is to vote for the guy who I DO want because thatís how democracy should work

Visois wrote:if millions of others would do the same, we wouldnít be in a two party system and we could get some better candidates

The central issue with both of these counterpoints is that the problem doesn't lie in any individual choices, but with the structure inherent in First Past the Post voting. It, by nature, results in a consolidation of parties, as any vote that doesn't realistically oppose the worst possible option is, mathematically, equivalent to a vote for the worst possible option (this applies both to votes for third parties and choosing not to vote). If your own views match up with the most realistic opposition, then great, otherwise you're shafted and need to vote for the lesser of two evils.

In order to realistically pursue a policy of voting for one's preferred candidate, rather than against a candidate that one strongly opposes, then the system needs to change to one that allows for more granularity (Which requires that the government, primarily occupied by the two major parties, both of which benefit from FPtP, initiates this agenda. Good Luck), or... emigrate to a place that already has such a system. If possible. And it's kind of fŻcked up that the latter option is probably more attainable on an individual basis.

It might be how democracy should work, but it's certainly not how it works here. You vote against the opposition, or concede your vote to said opposition.

Linaviar wrote:The central issue with both of these counterpoints is that the problem doesn't lie in any individual choices, but with the structure inherent in First Past the Post voting. It, by nature, results in a consolidation of parties, as any vote that doesn't realistically oppose the worst possible option is, mathematically, equivalent to a vote for the worst possible option (this applies both to votes for third parties and choosing not to vote). If your own views match up with the most realistic opposition, then great, otherwise you're shafted and need to vote for the lesser of two evils.

In order to realistically pursue a policy of voting for one's preferred candidate, rather than against a candidate that one strongly opposes, then the system needs to change to one that allows for more granularity (Which requires that the government, primarily occupied by the two major parties, both of which benefit from FPtP, initiates this agenda. Good Luck), or... emigrate to a place that already has such a system. If possible. And it's kind of fŻcked up that the latter option is probably more attainable on an individual basis.

It might be how democracy should work, but it's certainly not how it works here. You vote against the opposition, or concede your vote to said opposition.

But why does it have to be like that? Politics isnt just black and white, as the Republicans and Democrats would describe it. Why no variations on the two sides of the issue?

«12. . .22,59022,59122,59222,593

Advertisement