by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Geopolitics Roleplay Region Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .30313233343536. . .7980»

Post self-deleted by Da Qing Empire.

40 surplus Ilyushin 28 jet bombers en route to Dhoetshirairland

Reformed Avalon sends 40 of its retired IL-28 bombers to Dhoetshirairland, they are also being sent with 200 500kg bombs and 160 rocket pods.

Third french commune

Da Qing Empire wrote:Chinese Delegation - Conference of the Long Night
"Thank you, Mr President, for the speech.
Unfortunately, we regret to announce that China will be pursuing a much needed policy of isolationism, following the recent rise in World tensions and a need for our nation to work on its internal issues.
Effective as of next month, all foreigners, with the exception of any Berlin Pact members, will be ejected from the nation temporarily. All foreign investments and assets will either be nationalised or liquidated to their original owners. Trade will continue, but imports will be substantially reduced in an effort to promote self sustainability.
Our alliance obligations will still stand, but all foreign forces will either be recalled to China or Egypt.
As for our plans to counter such a great freeze, we are pouring in an additional $50bn in funding for our nuclear programme to kick start and accelerate the development of our molten salt reactors for power generation. Coal plants will work overtime.
However, that is all. Thank you"

OOC

It's almost time for the Long Night..

Post by Third french commune suppressed by Da Qing Empire.

Third french commune

OOC

Vote on my leader's sexuality. Because why not.

https://www.strawpoll.me/17106933

Post by Third french commune suppressed by Da Qing Empire.

Third french commune

OOC

A quick message to the person who voted 'transgender and gay' on the poll. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfA66yO0ub8

Third french commune

OOC

One last thing: To placate the voters equally, I will be making him cisgender bisexual. Idk whether to keep him closeted tho.

Third french commune

The Long Night (OOC - Permitted by Da Qing Empire for me to post this)

The Long Night soon began to fall across the Earth, as all of the planet had saw something not unlike a solar eclipse, as the world's normal shine went into total blackness, and what was once the great afternoon Sun quickly fell into a exceptionally dark twilight, as the world had covered itself into insurmountable darkness, and even the depths of hell stood quietly, frigidly shaking as there would be no dawn for an inordinately long time..Soon, the combustion machines of oil and coal power plants fell apart as glacial temperatures had prevented the regular functioning of machinery. The world went dark, with not even the faint light of city streets to comfort them, with the mere light left being of candles and of fireflies. This was no mere solar minimum: it was, as one particularly erudite-inclined man put it, mankind's greatest threat in tens of thousands of years. The species which had conquered the wild, which had conquered pestilence and even its own stubbornness, had fell to its knees at the fall of the Sun. But soon, it was not merely fossil fuel power plants that fell apart, for even factories and nuclear plants had collapsed into a large disarray: no vessel could work in such conditions of Siberian temperatures. Hyperborean temperatures hit the Earth, with the Sahara Desert even recording to a record low of -5C and Antarctica reaching the -100Cs, the world was frozen in ice. Due to the lack of swift international cooperation, the world almost collapsed, teetering on the brink of total and ultimate extinction. But it must be emphasised; this 'great' species fell into a quite literal Dark Age, worse than an age that they called savage and brutish. Because it is not man slaughtering man that brought this about; it was the Sun. Soon too after the fall of illustrious, formidable and ever so monumental industrial society, agriculture too had stopped to a halt; due to the lack of heat, crops in fields died and withered, and at any time now, mankind could fall into famine and dust. But this was not its only threat; communication lines, radio towers, and the like had all fallen too to the encapsulating might and will of the tenebrous skies, halting the grand human invention of telecommunications, for it may take weeks or even months to restore what once was of these systems of communication.

(Also, not to ruin the mood, but I used an online readability test for this, as I do with my other pieces of text in order to improve it, and it said it was suitable for people from age 21 and up in terms of readability.)

Isolationism Edict Begins
As of February 2019, the Empire has entered a state of isolationism.
Any non-Berlin Pact foreigners still present in the country will be ejected and deported back to their country of origin.
The surrounding waters of China, encompassing the Sea of Japan, the Yellow Sea, the East China Sea, the South China Sea, the Korean Strait and the Sea of Okhotsk will be off limits to any foreign craft. The Navy will enforce such a ruling. Any outside party intervening or illegally entering the set parameters after warnings will be "removed".
Foreign imports besides from those from the Berlin Pact will be reduced by 5% the first month.
A no-fly zone will be enacted over the Empire's borders, and enforced by the Air Force.
The Military will also be conducting a series of high intensity exercises in Vladivostok and the Amur River, to increase their Arctic combat capabilities.
The land border to Indulain and Russia will be temporarily closed off.

Zionist state of ashkenaz

The Drop
Israel turned dark, temperaturę dropped to 0 degrees. Little Animals we had got a cold shock, but due to circumstance we allow them in some cases to hospitals.

People are fairly ready as we did preapare Winter clothing.

Farms got closed and economy turned fully socialist until everything is back on its feet.

Holy kalmar union

Global Economy gets shagged as sunspot phenomenon screws everyone over
The recent anomalous events involving the sun have caused a series of electrical storms and a complete knockout of all electronics on Earth. The Internet is currently disabled, and no plans could be made to re-enable it. A global economic downturn of roughly 20% has been reported, with all forms of transport, be it air, sea or land, also disabled.
Stock market crashes have occurred in every nation, as traders were left stranded in their homes, and all network infrastructure was virtually nonexistent. Trade has come to a standstill due to the aforementioned reasons.
Military soft and hardware have also reported failures from the electrical storms, with entire armies stuck in their garrisons. Without electric power, families are unable to utilise heating, cook food or access water, potentially causing an acute humanitarian crisis in every country. Disease outbreaks have also gone unreported as a majority of news outlets have been forced to close.
It is known that all electronic appliances, be it a phone or a car, have been rendered unusable for the time being. The death rate, be it from disease, famine, mass hysteria or other related incidents, is estimated to be at 1 million and rising. Without a proper coordinated response, the damages could potentially reach to trillions of USD.
Electrical anomalies will continue for roughly a week before subsiding.

Third french commune

Zionist state of ashkenaz wrote:The Drop
Israel turned dark, temperaturę dropped to 0 degrees. Little Animals we had got a cold shock, but due to circumstance we allow them in some cases to hospitals.

People are fairly ready as we did preapare Winter clothing.

Farms got closed and economy turned fully socialist until everything is back on its feet.

OOC
M8, even the Sahara Desert was colder than Israel according to you.

International communist

Third french commune wrote:OOC
M8, even the Sahara Desert was colder than Israel according to you.

OOC:

Damn, you should actually get Discord, Afrikaner has some sources that he is using to back against the realism of the event.

Southern-africa

Third french commune

The Geopoltics Roleplay Region wrote:Global Economy gets shagged as sunspot phenomenon screws everyone over
The recent anomalous events involving the sun have caused a series of electrical storms and a complete knockout of all electronics on Earth. The Internet is currently disabled, and no plans could be made to re-enable it. A global economic downturn of roughly 20% has been reported, with all forms of transport, be it air, sea or land, also disabled.
Stock market crashes have occurred in every nation, as traders were left stranded in their homes, and all network infrastructure was virtually nonexistent. Trade has come to a standstill due to the aforementioned reasons.
Military soft and hardware have also reported failures from the electrical storms, with entire armies stuck in their garrisons. Without electric power, families are unable to utilise heating, cook food or access water, potentially causing an acute humanitarian crisis in every country. Disease outbreaks have also gone unreported as a majority of news outlets have been forced to close.
It is known that all electronic appliances, be it a phone or a car, have been rendered unusable for the time being. The death rate, be it from disease, famine, mass hysteria or other related incidents, is estimated to be at 1 million and rising. Without a proper coordinated response, the damages could potentially reach to trillions of USD.
Electrical anomalies will continue for roughly a week before subsiding.

OOC

Mine is still better

The French Emergency Response

Thankfully, due to the decentralised nature of the French government, response is handled quickly by local governents, with teams using ice picks to break out ice along with the measures that gas extraction plants have used to provide heat energy to France. However, in other places, salt will be sprayed on the ground for allowing easy land transport between cities. The mass heating operation, along with the attempted synthesis of crops and artificial agricultural centres will aid in recovery.

Third french commune

International communist wrote:OOC:

Damn, you should actually get Discord, Afrikaner has some sources that he is using to back against the realism of the event.

OOC

What sources exactly?

Third french commune

The End of the World - By Religious Nutjobs

There are currently reports that Ďmaniacsí are running around France calling the Long Night the end of the world, especially due to the fact the sky is lit pure green and pink due to the magnetic field of the Earth. For a few hours there may have been darkness, but now, there is light. They call it the rapture and say that soon, the Four Horseman and even Jesus himself shall come down to smite Earth. Of course, due to the high atheism rate in France, nobody believes them, but itís still a fun speculation.

Zionist state of ashkenaz

Third french commune wrote:OOC
M8, even the Sahara Desert was colder than Israel according to you.

I took average Israel temperature and substract 30. I don't care for your inacuracy.

Third french commune

Zionist state of ashkenaz wrote:I took average Israel temperature and substract 30. I don't care for your inacuracy.

I believe you donít understand the magnitude of this event.

OOC: France, if it doesn't inconvenience you, please get Discord. It'll make RP discussion/coordination, especially with region-wide RPs like this one, much easier.
Plus theres the free chatting and so on.

Third french commune

Da Qing Empire wrote:OOC: France, if it doesn't inconvenience you, please get Discord. It'll make RP discussion/coordination, especially with region-wide RPs like this one, much easier.
Plus theres the free chatting and so on.

OOC

I wish I could. I heard Telegram is a good alternative to Discord.

Third french commune wrote:OOC

I wish I could. I heard Telegram is a good alternative to Discord.

OOC

Is there a particular reason you can't get Discord?

Worst blizzards in 200 years cripple Avalon
Along with the total loss of power for many of Avalon's inhabited areas, blizzards sweep through the entirety of the country, the areas worst affect being further north. The death toll has risen to 68 and many remain cut off from their homes. The disaster response team or DRT has dispatched rescue parties armed with electric heating coils, ice picks, snow mobiles and other tracked light vehicles to begin the rescue initiative. Avalon's troops in Quebec rendezvous at Rouyn-Noranda and have taken cover inside basements or sturdy concrete CBD area buildings, they are using tank engines to generate power for heaters and lighting.

Third french commune

The Union of Nationalist Germanic States wrote:OOC

Is there a particular reason you can't get Discord?

Yep, but Iím afraid I canít say.

Southern-africa

Third french commune wrote:OOC

What sources exactly?

OOC:

The 30*C drop is unrealistic to be honest. Sunspots happen about once every 11-15 years, and none have caused such a severe drop in temperature. In fact, the drop would more likely be around 5 degrees, if anything. And even if the sun was to disappear completely (for whatever reason, all of which are scientifically impossible), the earth's greenhouse effect would mean that it would take a week before the earth reaches 0*C (and -100*C in a year). So, this whole thing isn't really possible.

However, if there was, for whatever, a disasterous event like a massive sunspot, it will cause massive electric storms and total power outages. I'm talking huge, these electric storms will stop everything that runs on electicity from your porch light to the electrics running the NYSE.Of cource, this is a worst case senario, but it's more realistic than no sun at all.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=11&ved=2ahUKEwi_qeSq4rrfAhUKTY8KHe35BjEQFjAKegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscience.howstuffworks.com%2Fsunspot3.htm&usg=AOvVaw1m3UacXR4vN70I8Hmfki4-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=2ahUKEwi_qeSq4rrfAhUKTY8KHe35BjEQFjADegQIDBAJ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scientificamerican.com%2Farticle%2Fsun-spots-and-climate-change%2F&usg=AOvVaw3m8xQmyzDabvlEoXYeRibv

Zionist state of ashkenaz

Third french commune

Southern-africa wrote:OOC:

The 30*C drop is unrealistic to be honest. Sunspots happen about once every 11-15 years, and none have caused such a severe drop in temperature. In fact, the drop would more likely be around 5 degrees, if anything. And even if the sun was to disappear completely (for whatever reason, all of which are scientifically impossible), the earth's greenhouse effect would mean that it would take a week before the earth reaches 0*C (and -100*C in a year). So, this whole thing isn't really possible.

However, if there was, for whatever, a disasterous event like a massive sunspot, it will cause massive electric storms and total power outages. I'm talking huge, these electric storms will stop everything that runs on electicity from your porch light to the electrics running the NYSE.Of cource, this is a worst case senario, but it's more realistic than no sun at all.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=11&ved=2ahUKEwi_qeSq4rrfAhUKTY8KHe35BjEQFjAKegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscience.howstuffworks.com%2Fsunspot3.htm&usg=AOvVaw1m3UacXR4vN70I8Hmfki4-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=2ahUKEwi_qeSq4rrfAhUKTY8KHe35BjEQFjADegQIDBAJ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scientificamerican.com%2Farticle%2Fsun-spots-and-climate-change%2F&usg=AOvVaw3m8xQmyzDabvlEoXYeRibv

That is what's happening as of now. The cooling's now causing the "Super Borealis" due to magnetic interference with the Earth's magnetic field. It was only metaphorical darkness, you see, not literal darkness. A less metaphorical description would be "everyone thinks they've accidentally swallowed drugs because the sky is literally dancing in all sorts of colours". It's not 'no Sun', it's a big sunspot blocking out the Earth, you see. It only reached -100C not because it's that cold, but because the place that reached -100C was Antarctica. The lowest temperature ever recorded there was -89.2C, so it's not super unrealistic. The Sahara Desert and other places are just experiencing conditions akin to that of Russia or Denmark depending on how close they are to the equator. Electricity is in fact gone, as the The Geopoltics Roleplay Region said so, it was just that my description was more metaphorical and based on the ground than physical. I'm sorry for the confusion, I just got too deep in with the literacy part of it instead of actually focusing on the material conditions.

Southern-africa

Southern-africa

Third french commune wrote:That is what's happening as of now. The cooling's now causing the "Super Borealis" due to magnetic interference with the Earth's magnetic field. It was only metaphorical darkness, you see, not literal darkness. A less metaphorical description would be "everyone thinks they've accidentally swallowed drugs because the sky is literally dancing in all sorts of colours". It's not 'no Sun', it's a big sunspot blocking out the Earth, you see. It only reached -100C not because it's that cold, but because the place that reached -100C was Antarctica. The lowest temperature ever recorded there was -89.2C, so it's not super unrealistic. The Sahara Desert and other places are just experiencing conditions akin to that of Russia or Denmark depending on how close they are to the equator. Electricity is in fact gone, as the The Geopoltics Roleplay Region said so, it was just that my description was more metaphorical and based on the ground than physical. I'm sorry for the confusion, I just got too deep in with the literacy part of it instead of actually focusing on the material conditions.

Nah, it's all good, it's just the 30^C drop is unrealistic, that's all lol.

Zionist state of ashkenaz

«12. . .30313233343536. . .7980»

Advertisement