by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .332333334335336337338. . .443444»

Thenuhj wrote:hows it going guys

Im doing well how are you doing?

Djorner wrote:Im doing well how are you doing?

I'm doing fine I actually did what I've wanted to do for a long time lose weight

Djorner wrote:Im doing well how are you doing?

thanks for asking

Sylh Alanor, Floofybit, and Imperve

Heanam 2

Cantoloupe didnt win i think

Sylh Alanor, Floofybit, and Imperve

Thenuhj wrote:hows it going guys

good (:

Sylh Alanor, Floofybit, Imperve, and Thenuhj

Heanam 2

guys im better than you guys im ranked 69th on employment

Floofybit, New Filippe, Imperve, and Slanska

Heanam 2 wrote:guys im better than you guys im ranked 69th on employment

nice

Floofybit, Imperve, and Slanska

Heanam 2 wrote:guys im better than you guys im ranked 69th on employment

halal

Floofybit, Imperve, and Donnaruna

Heanam 2 wrote:guys im better than you guys im ranked 69th on employment

69th in the world for employment when

Floofybit and Imperve

The known religious belief of Hathnilanders traces back millennia. The earliest Proto-Navacian writings show a religion very similar to those practiced by other Celtic groups like the Gauls. However, as immigrants from Britain, Scandinavia, and even mainland Europe arrived on the shores, this faith grew complex and unique in its syncretism.

Hathniland remained pagan for a fair bit longer than the rest of Europe (hence its name in English, which comes from the phrase "The Heathen Island"). Though officially forced into Christianity around the year 1000 by Norwegian King Olaf Tryggvason, paganism continued being practiced in the away from urban centers until at least the 13th century.

The initial form of Christianity in Hathniland was, of course, Catholicism. However, this changed in the 1500s when, like the rest of the Dano-Norwegian realm, Hathniland fell under the sway of Lutheranism. Similar to Icelandic in Iceland, Navacian became recognized as the church language in the Lutheran congregations of the archipelago, cementing it as the dominant language of the island.

When Hathniland became part of the Dutch Republic, Calvinism spread throughout the island, though Lutheranism retained a significant foothold away from the Dutch ports. England's hold on Hathniland did not last long enough for Anglicanism to make a significant mark on the mainland, though in the southwest province of Navace, which England held for over 150 years, the religion gained a significant foothold.

When looking at modern Hathniland, we see that similar to the rest of Northern Europe, religiosity has shrunk immensely over the past several decades. In fact, similar to the Netherlands, as of the past decade irreligion is the largest religious denomination in Hathniland. The religious breakdown, as of the 2020 census, is as follows:

  • Irreligion/Atheism/Agnosticism - 56.6%

  • Christianity - 34.6%

  • Islam - 3.5%

  • Neo-paganism/Other - 3.1%

  • Judaism - 1.5%

  • Hinduism - 0.5%

  • Buddhism - 0.2%

Christianity can be further broken down into: 13.2% Lutheran, 12.9% Calvinist, 6.5% Catholic/Anglican, 2% Other Christian

The main neo-paganist faith is Taukredin (Navacian for "god-faith"), a group focused on the revival of the ancient Navacian religion. However, there is also a significant amount of Norse Pagans and general Celtic Neo-pagans, among others.

Note that this poll simply was for personal belief. When polled for their practices, around 75% of Hathniland stated they weren't particularly religious, and attended religious services rarely (if ever).

Read factbook

Since we've been linking to our factbooks lately, I just updated this one to include a snazzy chart, if anyone wants to check that out. I'll probably go into more detail about taukredin whenever I put thought into it beyond "Celtic paganism with Norse and Anglo-Saxon syncretism." I also made this one where I prattle on about Hathniland's motto, since I evolved the language enough to suss out what it would be.

How do I make my kingdom have a strong economy? could you give me some tips?

Typica, Sylh Alanor, Vikoland, Floofybit, and 2 othersImperve, and Slanska

Hathniland wrote:

The known religious belief of Hathnilanders traces back millennia. The earliest Proto-Navacian writings show a religion very similar to those practiced by other Celtic groups like the Gauls. However, as immigrants from Britain, Scandinavia, and even mainland Europe arrived on the shores, this faith grew complex and unique in its syncretism.

Hathniland remained pagan for a fair bit longer than the rest of Europe (hence its name in English, which comes from the phrase "The Heathen Island"). Though officially forced into Christianity around the year 1000 by Norwegian King Olaf Tryggvason, paganism continued being practiced in the away from urban centers until at least the 13th century.

The initial form of Christianity in Hathniland was, of course, Catholicism. However, this changed in the 1500s when, like the rest of the Dano-Norwegian realm, Hathniland fell under the sway of Lutheranism. Similar to Icelandic in Iceland, Navacian became recognized as the church language in the Lutheran congregations of the archipelago, cementing it as the dominant language of the island.

When Hathniland became part of the Dutch Republic, Calvinism spread throughout the island, though Lutheranism retained a significant foothold away from the Dutch ports. England's hold on Hathniland did not last long enough for Anglicanism to make a significant mark on the mainland, though in the southwest province of Navace, which England held for over 150 years, the religion gained a significant foothold.

When looking at modern Hathniland, we see that similar to the rest of Northern Europe, religiosity has shrunk immensely over the past several decades. In fact, similar to the Netherlands, as of the past decade irreligion is the largest religious denomination in Hathniland. The religious breakdown, as of the 2020 census, is as follows:

  • Irreligion/Atheism/Agnosticism - 56.6%

  • Christianity - 34.6%

  • Islam - 3.5%

  • Neo-paganism/Other - 3.1%

  • Judaism - 1.5%

  • Hinduism - 0.5%

  • Buddhism - 0.2%

Christianity can be further broken down into: 13.2% Lutheran, 12.9% Calvinist, 6.5% Catholic/Anglican, 2% Other Christian

The main neo-paganist faith is Taukredin (Navacian for "god-faith"), a group focused on the revival of the ancient Navacian religion. However, there is also a significant amount of Norse Pagans and general Celtic Neo-pagans, among others.

Note that this poll simply was for personal belief. When polled for their practices, around 75% of Hathniland stated they weren't particularly religious, and attended religious services rarely (if ever).

Read factbook

Since we've been linking to our factbooks lately, I just updated this one to include a snazzy chart, if anyone wants to check that out. I'll probably go into more detail about taukredin whenever I put thought into it beyond "Celtic paganism with Norse and Anglo-Saxon syncretism." I also made this one where I prattle on about Hathniland's motto, since I evolved the language enough to suss out what it would be.

That chart is good! And it is interesting that Hathinland has got scandinavian and British reffuges. Probably one fo the happiest nations in the world

Donnaruna wrote:How do I make my kingdom have a strong economy? could you give me some tips?

You have to carefully read issues. Choose options that sound as if they will help businesses, such as sports, sponsored events, and subsidizing businesses.

Turning on confirm your choice will help prevent mistakes.

Typica, Sylh Alanor, Vikoland, Araine, and 3 othersFloofybit, Imperve, and Slanska

Slanska wrote:That chart is good! And it is interesting that Hathinland has got scandinavian and British reffuges. Probably one fo the happiest nations in the world

Thank you! In my canon, the main island of Hathniland is slightly larger than Zealand (the Danish one, not the New one) and located right in the middle of the North Sea (it is, in fact, the remainder of the Dogger Bank, which had portions high enough to survive the Storegga Slide flood). This has historically allowed it to act as kind of a catch-all for various Northern European people groups, and made it a good stepping point for traveling between Britain and Scandinavia!

Hathniland wrote:Thank you! In my canon, the main island of Hathniland is slightly larger than Zealand (the Danish one, not the New one) and located right in the middle of the North Sea (it is, in fact, the remainder of the Dogger Bank, which had portions high enough to survive the Storegga Slide flood). This has historically allowed it to act as kind of a catch-all for various Northern European people groups, and made it a good stepping point for traveling between Britain and Scandinavia!

I understood better, thanks!

Vikoland, Floofybit, Imperve, and Hathniland

First factbook has been made

Typica, Floofybit, Imperve, and Slanska

just had an issue where a plane had to land and some journalist might be dead

Floofybit, Imperve, Pangeodrea, and Slanska

Thenuhj wrote:just had an issue where a plane had to land and some journalist might be dead

noice

Floofybit, Imperve, and Slanska

Thenuhj wrote:just had an issue where a plane had to land and some journalist might be dead

I had an issue of some country haveing a sub 'accidentally' go in to my waters and disappear so they had to find it
I found it and turn out it was a sub from [REDACTED]

Moulk2 wrote:I had an issue of some country haveing a sub 'accidentally' go in to my waters and disappear so they had to find it
I found it and turn out it was a sub from [REDACTED]

ok that was great

Thenuhj wrote:hows it going guys

Going well, thanks for asking.
My brother keeps calling me multiple times a day, which means he's alive and (relatively) well and still his annoying narcissistic self. My sisters haven't called lately, which means both are alive and well and busier than even with their job and families. The police in my country haven't infiltrated my telephone yet (as far as I know) so all is well.

I'm considering putting in one of my banners a pic of the Weeping Willow I've taken a pic of. The weather outside is near-freezing but snow is not expected.

How about you?

On other news:

Can anyone please explain to me clause 2d in the WA proposal? Why does this clause suddenly mention 96 weeks if the rest of the proposal only mentioned 72? And isn't 72 weeks too much of a burden on small employers?

Lower French Gregballs wrote:Going well, thanks for asking.
Can anyone please explain to me clause 2d in the WA proposal? Why does this clause suddenly mention 96 weeks if the rest of the proposal only mentioned 72? And isn't 72 weeks too much of a burden on small employers?

It looks to me like the 72/96 issue is either a mistake or a poorly-worded way of saying that single-parents can have 96 weeks? I'm honestly not sure, I can't see anything about it on the forum post. Anyone who does understand this part feel free to add.

Regarding the second question, clause 5 provides a way for the government to compensate small businesses so they aren't unduly burdened. While I don't think this proposal does enough for workers, I do think it adequately addresses the needs of small businesses.

Sylh Alanor wrote:Those are fantastic examples, I feel I have learned much. You're so wise.

Hi! Welcome to Refugia :D my day's been pretty good actually, how's yours?

A bit busy actually, but overall a good one indeed!

Slanska wrote:
Main Info

Republic of Slanska



Flag


Motto: "Fo Patria de Gvidanto!"


Population: 12.425.213
-Density: 76/km2


Capital: Bospono
Largest City: Bospono

Official Language: Slanskan
Demonym: Slan

Independence: 1979

GDP (nominal):173.534.626
GDP (nominal) per person: 12.042.

Currency: Kamen

Time Zone: UTC+3

Drives on the: right

Internet TLD: SL

Slanska

Slanska officially the Republic of Slanska (Slanskan: Respublikso de Slanska) Is a nation that located in Refugia. Slans form the vast majority of the nation's population and Kuvanis are the largest minority. Bospono is Slanska's capital, its largest city and financial centre.

Politics

Slanska is dominated by a one-party regime. The person who is the head of the party is the head of state of Slanska. In addition, the party appoints ministers and deputies. There is an opposition group in the party that listens to the problems of the people and conveys them to the state. Problems and troubles gathered every month are discussed in the assembly, solutions are produced and implemented accordingly.Since 2015, the head of state is Hakem Hajarov. Executive and Legislative powers are in the hands of the People's Assembly. The voting age in the country is 18. At the age of 75, the right to vote and be elected is taken away from the person. In addition, the citizens who have this right should not have a problem in their mental health, and there should be no problem in their register. In addition, voters must be at least high school graduates, and candidates must be university graduates.

Human Rights

Human rights in Slanska have been subject to international condemnation and have led to various debates. Although the education and health needs are met free of charge and compulsory by the state, especially the freedom of the press has become a problem. With the "Media Law" that came into effect in 1996, only state-affiliated newspapers and TV channels emerged. There are 2 main newspapers. These are "Slanskan Official Gazette" and "Kuvani Nawapo". Kuvani Nawapo is specially translated for Kuvani minorities. No matter how much the law is implemented, there are many journalists who write newspapers illegally. These journalists are arrested by the state. For this reason, Slanska is especially criticized by the Western Nations. In addition, LGBT rights are also a matter of debate. Although it is legal to be an LGBT person, the public's view of LGBT individuals is not optimistic and counter-attacks are common. The state rarely makes anti-LGBT propaganda.

Read factbook

Well, my factbook was really ugly. So I edited some things, and... we got this

It's nice!

Hooray! I just got a Refuge Isle card after spending most of my card points on it!

The greenwich village

Hello, hello, to all my fellow groovy cats out here. I dig this place, for real, for real... I'll be in the coffeeshop down on 14th Street if you need anything. Stop by for some peace, coffee, and live-mic poetry. You know where to find me, you feel my groove? ;)

You mind if i leave y'all with some poetry? Well, this one's from Wendell Berry, titled "The Mad Farmer Liberation Front".

Love the quick profit, the annual raise, vacation with pay.
Want more of everything ready-made.
Be afraid to know your neighbors and to die.
And you will have a window in your head.
Not even your future will be a mystery any more.
Your mind will be punched in a card and shut away in a little drawer.
When they want you to buy something they will call you.
When they want you to die for profit they will let you know.

So, friends, every day do something that wonít compute.
Love the Lord.
Love the world.
Work for nothing.
Take all that you have and be poor.
Love someone who does not deserve it.
Denounce the government and embrace the flag.
Hope to live in that free republic for which it stands.
Give your approval to all you cannot understand.
Praise ignorance, for what man has not encountered he has not destroyed.

Ask the questions that have no answers.
Invest in the millennium.
Plant sequoias.
Say that your main crop is the forest that you did not plant, that you will not live to harvest.
Say that the leaves are harvested when they have rotted into the mold.
Call that profit.
Prophesy such returns.

Put your faith in the two inches of humus that will build under the trees every thousand years.
Listen to carrion Ė put your ear close, and hear the faint chattering of the songs that are to come.
Expect the end of the world.
Laugh.
Laughter is immeasurable.
Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.
So long as women do not go cheap for power, please women more than men.
Ask yourself: Will this satisfy a woman satisfied to bear a child?
Will this disturb the sleep of a woman near to giving birth?

Go with your love to the fields.
Lie down in the shade.
Rest your head in her lap.
Swear allegiance to what is nighest your thoughts.
As soon as the generals and the politicos can predict the motions of your mind, lose it.
Leave it as a sign to mark the false trail, the way you didnít go.
Be like the fox who makes more tracks than necessary, some in the wrong direction.
Practice resurrection.

«12. . .332333334335336337338. . .443444»

Advertisement