by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Refugia Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«1234567»

Sylh Alanor wrote:Welcome back Subadent :p

I drift where I please in the endless void of NS, Teleporting through different regions willy nilly.

Also, I know it isn't my place but don't accept that embassy from idiots united, its a region that just has embassies with everyone tis no point. DO it if you want to tho :P

Subadent wrote:I drift where I please in the endless void of NS, Teleporting through different regions willy nilly.

I miss having you around friend :c

hmm, I wonder if I can stay silent for the entire time I'm here

oh shi-

anyway, hello everyone. how are you? I'm 100% fine

No? God diddly damn it

Russia Number 5 wrote:hmm, I wonder if I can stay silent for the entire time I'm here

oh shi-

anyway, hello everyone. how are you? I'm 100% fine

Welcome! What happened to the four other Russia Numbers before you?

Refuge Isle wrote:Welcome! What happened to the four other Russia Numbers before you?

Well, that was the Kievan Rus, the kingdom, the Tsardom, and whatever the hell putin did.

Hi friend, welcome to Refugia ❤️ I'm having a great day in the snow, how are you?

Sylh Alanor wrote:Hi friend, welcome to Refugia ❤️ I'm having a great day in the snow, how are you?

Am fine. Not even that cold, as we made warm snow. I know, crazy right?

o:

It only just rose above freezing here. We're currently hovering at ~2 degrees.

Sylh Alanor wrote:o:

It only just rose above freezing here. We're currently hovering at ~2 degrees.

Sad. But for me It's WAY worse. for the past few days it's been between 5 and -5 degrees

Russia Number 5 wrote:Sad. But for me It's WAY worse. for the past few days it's been between 5 and -5 degrees

Yeah I suppose what we consider warm is relative 👀

Sylh Alanor wrote:Yeah I suppose what we consider warm is relative 👀

Well you’re not wrong. God I kinda hate it here.

Russia Number 5 wrote:Well you’re not wrong. God I kinda hate it here.

Are you able to move somewhere with better weather?

We did it, friends.

Refugia has passed a WA resolution into law.

Refuge Isle wrote:We did it, friends.

Refugia has passed a WA resolution into law.

Which one- oh wait it was that environmental preservation one.

YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIII

For the upcoming votes in the WA, I'll be using the delegate vote however the majority of residents vote.

Refuge Isle wrote:For the upcoming votes in the WA, I'll be using the delegate vote however the majority of residents vote.

Just asking, isn't it a bit unfair you have both the founder and WA delegate role? Can't you give it to someone else?

Post self-deleted by Sylh Alanor.

Other people could be elected to be the delegate, yes. That's not really how this community works, though, and the delegate has no executive powers anyway.

You can read about the elected positions in the Refugia Revised Statutes:


This document establishes this association of nations and their shared beliefs and values. We define these values as refuge and shelter to all who have need of it, environmental stewardship of our nations while working to improve global atmospheric carbon levels, as well as the fair treatment and political inclusion of all peoples. We resolve ourselves to form governments with transparency and integrity in leadership and work to leave things as better than we found them.

The nations here will compose a region to be known as Refugia.
These Statutes form our law.


- The Refugia Revised Statutes -

  1. Acceptance to the Region is a right afforded to any nation willing to uphold the values named herein. Nations that oppose, disregard, or obstruct these values may be subject to ejection and transportation via variation magic to The Rejected Realms.

  2. Member States are defined as World Assembly nations that have resided within the Region for a period not less than seven days.

    1. A Nation will lose its status as a Member State if it elects to depart the Region, its status is self-requested to be revoked, or the nation is ejected.

    2. Nations that lose their status may apply to obtain it through the same process again unless they are barred from the Region.

  3. Nations may apply for Member State status in conditions where admission to the World Assembly is declined, rejected, or impossible.

    1. Exemption nations must still have resided within the Region for a period of time not less than fourteen days and have received the unanimous approval from the Regional Council to provide the exemption.

  4. Member States are entitled to submit any proposal, amendment, repeal, or revision to any revised statute, including this document in its entirety. Votes must be easily accessible and include the option to abstain. Only one vote is allotted to each Member State per referendum.

    1. Proposals must be supported by at least one other Member State, which may be referred to as a "second."

    2. Votes will last a period of seven days from the time of announcement and will be enacted or discarded upon conclusion.

    3. Proposals which have been defeated will trigger a cooldown period on the sponsor nation from submitting a new proposal for seven days after the end of the poll defeat.

  5. All nations within the Region have the right to solicit a ruling or official Regional position on:

    1. Opinions regarding the legality of a proposal

    2. Opinions regarding World Assembly affairs

    3. Opinions regarding foreign regional actions

    4. Opinions regarding the status of Member States

    5. Suits regarding ejection or barring of Regional nations

    The results of rulings solicited by member states will be formed by the Regional Council and delivered by a representative of the Government.

  6. The Regional Council is defined to comprise of the following members:

    • The Arch-Administrator, defined as Refuge Isle, which acts as the head of state for the region. The Arch-Administrators responsibilities are defined as the appointment and dismissal of all positions that are fairly elected into office and maintaining records of significance.

    • The Councillor of Foreign Affairs, whose responsibilities are defined as management and maintenance of the travel portals within the region, foreign affairs and authority over embassies established to outside regions, diplomatic negotiations and foreign correspondence.

    • The Councillor of Culture, whose responsibilities are defined as orchestrating cultural events, inspiring activity, and developing the identity of the Regional culture.

    • The Operations Councillor, whose responsibilities are defined as developing and executing strategic operations to use and expand the Region’s influence, internal and external threat assessment, and maintaining the registry of Member States.

    The members of the Regional Council may conduct business in the name of the Region with the titles that reflect their status and authority.

  7. The succession of the Arch-Administrator is subject to the succession laws of Refuge Isle, and verified by the presence of an anchor stone and Administration Tower. The Arch-Administrator will call elections for the three democratic Council seats according to the following convention:


    Foreign Affairs

    Jan 1 - 7

    May 1 - 7

    Sept 1 - 7

    Culture

    Jan 7 - 14

    May 7 - 14

    Sept 7 - 14

    Operations

    Jan 14 - 21

    May 14 - 21

    Sept 14 - 21


  8. Elections will consist of a two day candidacy period, followed by a five day voting period. On the eighth day, the results of the elections will be announced and, if applicable, the next ones will begin.

    1. Member States are prohibited from occupying the same Council seat more than two times consecutively, and more than four times in total.

    2. In the event of unexpected absences or positions that cannot be filled, the Arch-Administrator may appoint an individual who may serve in that capacity until such time as the following election produces a regular appointment.

  9. The Region defines the goals and expectations in it Members' conduct and operations in the following ways

    1. Reach an average environmental beauty score of 1,500 by the end of 2019, and maintained thereafter.

    2. Reach an average eco-friendliness score of 5,000, by the end of 2019, and maintained thereafter.

  10. The Councillor of Culture must develop a Regional Eco Report in order to support 9. a) and b) which identifies ways in which Member States of the Region may contribute towards the environmental targets established herein. Further, the Councillor of Culture must publish regular updates to the report in order to maintain its relevance and timely advice.



Read factbook

When we find people who are interested in filling the vacancies we already have, we'll worry about making new positions.

Refuge Isle wrote:Other people could be elected to be the delegate, yes. That's not really how this community works, though, and the delegate has no executive powers anyway.

You can read about the elected positions in the Refugia Revised Statutes:


This document establishes this association of nations and their shared beliefs and values. We define these values as refuge and shelter to all who have need of it, environmental stewardship of our nations while working to improve global atmospheric carbon levels, as well as the fair treatment and political inclusion of all peoples. We resolve ourselves to form governments with transparency and integrity in leadership and work to leave things as better than we found them.

The nations here will compose a region to be known as Refugia.
These Statutes form our law.


- The Refugia Revised Statutes -

  1. Acceptance to the Region is a right afforded to any nation willing to uphold the values named herein. Nations that oppose, disregard, or obstruct these values may be subject to ejection and transportation via variation magic to The Rejected Realms.

  2. Member States are defined as World Assembly nations that have resided within the Region for a period not less than seven days.

    1. A Nation will lose its status as a Member State if it elects to depart the Region, its status is self-requested to be revoked, or the nation is ejected.

    2. Nations that lose their status may apply to obtain it through the same process again unless they are barred from the Region.

  3. Nations may apply for Member State status in conditions where admission to the World Assembly is declined, rejected, or impossible.

    1. Exemption nations must still have resided within the Region for a period of time not less than fourteen days and have received the unanimous approval from the Regional Council to provide the exemption.

  4. Member States are entitled to submit any proposal, amendment, repeal, or revision to any revised statute, including this document in its entirety. Votes must be easily accessible and include the option to abstain. Only one vote is allotted to each Member State per referendum.

    1. Proposals must be supported by at least one other Member State, which may be referred to as a "second."

    2. Votes will last a period of seven days from the time of announcement and will be enacted or discarded upon conclusion.

    3. Proposals which have been defeated will trigger a cooldown period on the sponsor nation from submitting a new proposal for seven days after the end of the poll defeat.

  5. All nations within the Region have the right to solicit a ruling or official Regional position on:

    1. Opinions regarding the legality of a proposal

    2. Opinions regarding World Assembly affairs

    3. Opinions regarding foreign regional actions

    4. Opinions regarding the status of Member States

    5. Suits regarding ejection or barring of Regional nations

    The results of rulings solicited by member states will be formed by the Regional Council and delivered by a representative of the Government.

  6. The Regional Council is defined to comprise of the following members:

    • The Arch-Administrator, defined as Refuge Isle, which acts as the head of state for the region. The Arch-Administrators responsibilities are defined as the appointment and dismissal of all positions that are fairly elected into office and maintaining records of significance.

    • The Councillor of Foreign Affairs, whose responsibilities are defined as management and maintenance of the travel portals within the region, foreign affairs and authority over embassies established to outside regions, diplomatic negotiations and foreign correspondence.

    • The Councillor of Culture, whose responsibilities are defined as orchestrating cultural events, inspiring activity, and developing the identity of the Regional culture.

    • The Operations Councillor, whose responsibilities are defined as developing and executing strategic operations to use and expand the Region’s influence, internal and external threat assessment, and maintaining the registry of Member States.

    The members of the Regional Council may conduct business in the name of the Region with the titles that reflect their status and authority.

  7. The succession of the Arch-Administrator is subject to the succession laws of Refuge Isle, and verified by the presence of an anchor stone and Administration Tower. The Arch-Administrator will call elections for the three democratic Council seats according to the following convention:


    Foreign Affairs

    Jan 1 - 7

    May 1 - 7

    Sept 1 - 7

    Culture

    Jan 7 - 14

    May 7 - 14

    Sept 7 - 14

    Operations

    Jan 14 - 21

    May 14 - 21

    Sept 14 - 21


  8. Elections will consist of a two day candidacy period, followed by a five day voting period. On the eighth day, the results of the elections will be announced and, if applicable, the next ones will begin.

    1. Member States are prohibited from occupying the same Council seat more than two times consecutively, and more than four times in total.

    2. In the event of unexpected absences or positions that cannot be filled, the Arch-Administrator may appoint an individual who may serve in that capacity until such time as the following election produces a regular appointment.

  9. The Region defines the goals and expectations in it Members' conduct and operations in the following ways

    1. Reach an average environmental beauty score of 1,500 by the end of 2019, and maintained thereafter.

    2. Reach an average eco-friendliness score of 5,000, by the end of 2019, and maintained thereafter.

  10. The Councillor of Culture must develop a Regional Eco Report in order to support 9. a) and b) which identifies ways in which Member States of the Region may contribute towards the environmental targets established herein. Further, the Councillor of Culture must publish regular updates to the report in order to maintain its relevance and timely advice.



Read factbook

When we find people who are interested in filling the vacancies we already have, we'll worry about making new positions.

I see. Thanks

Hey friends, a new poll is up! I've met a lot of people in the community who speak multiple languages, and are in a constant state of learning more. Let us know how involved in language you are :)

Spooktober again brings the tides of death. Steel yourself and let the song of this Mod Advice calm your dreams:

- Mod Advice -
October Sadness Sale: Zombies Must Go!

It has been made known to the Regional Administration that the stellar multiverse of here and now is at risk of a zombie epidemic. As we dispatch a suspicious team of investigators to the Facebook embassy, witness this flawless and radiant Mod Advice:

• Uncertain of where infectious hordes of zombies may originate, the travel rune will be deactivated and the region sealed for the duration of the crisis.

All nations are advised to research a cure! The concept of shooting your own citizens may sound appealing, but every civilian that shoots a zombie gets nothing, while every zombie that fells a civilian gets another zombie.

Do not cure nations that are actively curing other nations, this will trigger a cooldown on their own abilities and diminish our efforts. All nations in Refugia are susceptible to the zombie menace, therefore focus nations that are inactive.

• Member states that actively spread zombies will be eviscerated by tactical squads of Scottish golf enthusiasts, member states that are resilient to the golf techniques will be relocated to the surface of the sun.

• Member state status will be retroactively reinstated for nations that wish to temporarily relocate to other regions in order to burn them down or help the global curing process after Refugia is deemed safe.


Good health and mercy on you who will soon behold such horrors.
Assistance will be available if you need it.

- L

Read dispatch

Amazing work, everyone! In just five hours, we overcame the Z-day event and cured our entire region! Everyone did an amazing job coming together to work toward the cure (except for Kuviran). I'm so happy!

All,

Z-Day has now ended and all nations are safe and reasonably cured. Remaining zombies cannot be helped with admin commands ;)
I'm so very proud of nations in Refugia coming together to work for a cure. This made it much easier for Ortharion, Sylh Alanor, Chacapoya, and myself to make a cure missile brigade and pop out the rest of the zombies like nobody's business! We cured our region fast enough to initially be listed as the #26 highest survivor region with no infected in the world, before getting knocked out by older regions. The regional password has now been removed.

I'm also very proud of the operations we conducted in New West Indies and Canada to help cure nations in these regions after Refugia was clear. Many many thanks all Refugi for helping out <3

«1234567»

Advertisement