by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Novus Lucidum Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .2,6922,6932,6942,6952,6962,6972,698. . .2,7862,787»

Scalesburg wrote:I'm going to be honest here, even if NNE hates me for it..but I got no idea what the AoR is or what they're about. I got no idea what they keep posting here about and I have zero idea why it's important to NNE.

I don't put any care into it either, it's just some random posts about voting for parties. Which is something I don't even do in real life.

Then don't worry about it. If people paid attention they'd know. I guess what I'm saying is then don't expect me to pay any attention to your sudden interest in military numbers. Because I have zero interest. Funny how things work, yes? EOD.

New Nationale Einheit wrote:Then don't worry about it. If people paid attention they'd know. I guess what I'm saying is then don't expect me to pay any attention to your sudden interest in military numbers. Because I have zero interest. Funny how things work, yes? EOD.

Explosive ordinance disposal?

Rilandse wrote:I'm afraid this would be illegal, not to mention they have support of nearly 1/3 of the Rilandsen Central Council, that wouldn't be good.

At least force them to change name. But I would say it is pretty worrying when a large party want to have different laws in different parts of the country.

After that they will start to focus all their efforts in the part where their new laws govern and before you know it they will start an actual separatist movement. Things like that needs to be nipped in the bud or you risk losing a part of your country in the long run.

New Nationale Einheit wrote:Then don't worry about it. If people paid attention they'd know. I guess what I'm saying is then don't expect me to pay any attention to your sudden interest in military numbers. Because I have zero interest. Funny how things work, yes? EOD.

It all have to do with you focusing on different games. Krimera is using military to gain power, you are using politics and diplomacy. Others are using economical means.

And that is as it should. If we just focus on a single thing the region get more boring to be in, but few nations try to go for all of these things (I do). Everyone just have to get use to some RP might be uninteresting to them.
But Krimeras interest to military numbers, your interest in politics and my interest in economy kinda go with the job. It would be useless to have a minister who hates his job.

Added new poll.

Let's privatize the post office and join it with the very ineffective Danish post office.
It is bad that Covid-19 tests send by express mails arrive to late to be valid and that they loose millions of letters each year but they just smashed the honey jar for my mead kit. GV is very upset, incompetent bastards!!!

Sweden actually made the worlds first stamp (2 shilling banco) and had an national postal service first in the world and it worked great until the state more or less gave it away to a company who doesn't give a **** in the late 90s. And yeah, we had a discussion if the state should own stuff like that and in this case the answer is yes. However, now it is time to just scrap the whole thing and hire someone competent like DHL, FEDEX or UPS to handle the whole thing instead. Once you trash something it is almost impossible to save it.

Gothic Vandelia wrote:Added new poll.

I don't even know what the security council is anyways

Reproduction is no more! Welcome Vats! 800 Science now. 😎

Happy 4th of July, god bless 🇺🇸

Rilandse wrote:Happy 4th of July, god bless 🇺🇸

It's also the same day I was enrolled into the military.

Scalesburg wrote:I don't even know what the security council is anyways

It is based on the UN security council with 3 permanent members and 5 temporary.

The problem last time we did it was that some nations wanted to be in for status but didn't care for the political parts of it so we never got enough nations to agree on anything since about half the members didn't care at all and a single no blocked anything.

I kinda think the idea is good though, it would offer more political RP to the nations who enjoy that type of RP. The council can commend or condemn a nation, have access to some peace keeping troops and generally can do what the real security council can. It however also have the same problem the real council have with US and Russia vetoing echother but that is part of the political game.

Before we picked the 3 top military nations as permanent members which were Krimera, me and IDM but we would probably have to replace IDM with Ionalands, partly for how things have changed since way back and partly because IDM wasn't interested in politics. Also, it gets more realistic if the permanent members have different opinions and interests.

The reason I am asking however is that we need enough nations interested in politics if we want to use the thing. We are more active nations now but have the interest in regional politics increased as well?

Gothic Vandelia wrote:
It is based on the UN security council with 3 permanent members and 5 temporary.

The problem last time we did it was that some nations wanted to be in for status but didn't care for the political parts of it so we never got enough nations to agree on anything since about half the members didn't care at all and a single no blocked anything.

I kinda think the idea is good though, it would offer more political RP to the nations who enjoy that type of RP. The council can commend or condemn a nation, have access to some peace keeping troops and generally can do what the real security council can. It however also have the same problem the real council have with US and Russia vetoing echother but that is part of the political game.

Before we picked the 3 top military nations as permanent members which were Krimera, me and IDM but we would probably have to replace IDM with Ionalands, partly for how things have changed since way back and partly because IDM wasn't interested in politics. Also, it gets more realistic if the permanent members have different opinions and interests.

The reason I am asking however is that we need enough nations interested in politics if we want to use the thing. We are more active nations now but have the interest in regional politics increased as well?

I barely understood anything you said, but I don't know how much of a political guy I am.

Also, GV, when I do my troop strength number.. When it asks me for "in full billions".. Does that mean I have to do 3 billion as my population or 3.91 (or whatever I'm currently at)

Scalesburg wrote:I barely understood anything you said, but I don't know how much of a political guy I am.

Also, GV, when I do my troop strength number.. When it asks me for "in full billions".. Does that mean I have to do 3 billion as my population or 3.91 (or whatever I'm currently at)

Nah, you can use 3.91.

I just wrote that to clarify it was billions we were talking about.

And yeah, you are not one of the people interested in politics and that is fine. The security council was made for the people that enjoys that type of gameplay. I feel that we do a lot for people enjoying war and ssome for the ones liking economics but not much for the people interested in local politics.

Having some more gameplay there will offer some variety and hopefully attract some more nations with different interests.

Yes! I cut my taxes down 2%, and my DF and AM went up!

Rilandse wrote:Yes! I cut my taxes down 2%, and my DF and AM went up!

That is always nice. :)
It is hard but not impossible. Having a huge military and low taxes means you have to take some tough decisions and it takes more time that way.

It is probably easier to first raise the defense forces and then lowering the taxes, but even there you want to be careful. You don't want to make that huge cut Easthumbria did with some success and Odinburgh did and failed horribly (he halved his defense forces while only lowering his taxes to still over 80%, I don't think that what was he had in mind).

But there is another problem: high defense forces, low taxes and low corruption is almost impossible. If you go for that too things get even worse because the easiest way to get low taxes while keeping your military up is more or less to sell everything else out to companies who tend to bribe around when doing that. I however said almost impossible, not impossible but it would be very time consuming.

Rilandse wrote:Yes! I cut my taxes down 2%, and my DF and AM went up!

You're still not below 10%!

Cauva wrote:You're still not below 10%!

Few nations are. He is on par with Andorra who is since as a tax paradise though.

Cauva wrote:You're still not below 10%!

At least I'll be able to defend myself, unlike you smh.

Rilandse wrote:At least I'll be able to defend myself, unlike you smh.

To be fair do you have a lot of your troops in Hunzali at the moment, so you are probably about equally defended right now.

I've been making a map for an RP event and damn I wish our entire map looked like how I made this one. It looks sexy, but it takes too much effort to do on a broad scale on an ever-changing map.

Edit: This isn't mine, it is Cauva's, but I'd like to show it off since he did a great version, its a little too cartoony while mine is more dark, grainy as if it was a paper map, but both look good. Here is Cauva's version:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/662055211304484884/729001337710444614/unknown.png?width=794&height=605

Note it is still W.I.P. and he is still messing around with it.

Rilandse wrote:I've been making a map for an RP event and damn I wish our entire map looked like how I made this one. It looks sexy, but it takes too much effort to do on a broad scale on an ever-changing map.

Edit: This isn't mine, it is Cauva's, but I'd like to show it off since he did a great version, its a little too cartoony while mine is more dark, grainy as if it was a paper map, but both look good. Here is Cauva's version:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/662055211304484884/729001337710444614/unknown.png?width=794&height=605

Note it is still W.I.P. and he is still messing around with it.

Who's to say there isn't an enormous meteor heading for Novus Lucidum.. Failure to prevent this meteor may result in a catastrophic change of the map..

This is an idea I can get behind.

Rilandse wrote:I've been making a map for an RP event and damn I wish our entire map looked like how I made this one. It looks sexy, but it takes too much effort to do on a broad scale on an ever-changing map.

Edit: This isn't mine, it is Cauva's, but I'd like to show it off since he did a great version, its a little too cartoony while mine is more dark, grainy as if it was a paper map, but both look good. Here is Cauva's version:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/662055211304484884/729001337710444614/unknown.png?width=794&height=605

Note it is still W.I.P. and he is still messing around with it.

Nicely done.

In fact we could use a similar map without names or borders to mark out other stuff. For instance those gravity trains and hyperloops.
On a larger version you and I could plot key resources (like oil fields and uranium mines), that would be useful during times of war.

The border map need to be simple since we edit it all the time.

Of course if we make a resource map we need to have some rules so we just don't screw over nations, like the first oilfield of any nation on a continent or a large island would be on land (preferably a bit inland), the second would be in the sea, the third on land near the coast and so on.

That would mean you might have to fortify certain places more, like Stalingrad was during WW2 (Hitler needed it's oil).

Scalesburg wrote:Who's to say there isn't an enormous meteor heading for Novus Lucidum.. Failure to prevent this meteor may result in a catastrophic change of the map..

This is an idea I can get behind.

I personally dislike our map, even though I made it, since it was kinda rushed so we could keep roleplaying after switching and its based on Brad's style, which is eh. I would like a new map, but that would need a lot of support, and Im kinda lazy.

Rilandse wrote:I personally dislike our map, even though I made it, since it was kinda rushed so we could keep roleplaying after switching and its based on Brad's style, which is eh. I would like a new map, but that would need a lot of support, and Im kinda lazy.

This is the style I'd like our map in: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/666042493300637744/729011445886615602/31beb3a25f9ec2163e6ca76919d2d81c.png

«12. . .2,6922,6932,6942,6952,6962,6972,698. . .2,7862,787»

Advertisement