by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Lazarus Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .3,0563,0573,0583,0593,0603,0613,062. . .3,1623,163»

Post by Captain caspia suppressed by a moderator.

The Copper States wrote:The Copper States gather forbidden technology from the pyramid, then sell it to Poland at a huge markup. Now it can finally into space!

So, you go for that sweet Goa'uld tech? Better find a deposit of Naquadah.

P.S. LOL, the Polandball joke has killed me.

Finally ranked in the top 10 in the region for rudest citizens, after being edged out of it a few months ago: page=list_nations/region=lazarus?censusid=35

The New California Republic wrote:Finally ranked in the top 10 in the region for rudest citizens, after being edged out of it a few months ago: page=list_nations/region=lazarus?censusid=35

Erm... good job?

Aigania wrote:So, you go for that sweet Goa'uld tech? Better find a deposit of Naquadah.

P.S. LOL, the Polandball joke has killed me.

I, weirdly, really enjoy those politics with balls montages (even though a good portion degrade to nazi zombies pretty quickly)

Blessings upon the copper states!

A void-coloured tornado has opened across the sky, raining down flaimg chunks of metal. Photos went viral with the tag #TheVortexIsOpen!

Fortnuately, no one was hurt. After the vortex finally closed, the metal was inspected, and found to have almost supernatural, physics-altering capabilities.

The next day, Charles Edgarwelt's (our lead scientist's) Social Media was spammed with more than 10,000 photos with chunks of the metal with the tag #CharlieWeFoundTheAmulet!

The Copper States wrote:Blessings upon the copper states!

A void-coloured tornado has opened across the sky, raining down flaimg chunks of metal. Photos went viral with the tag #TheVortexIsOpen!

Fortnuately, no one was hurt. After the vortex finally closed, the metal was inspected, and found to have almost supernatural, physics-altering capabilities.

The next day, Charles Edgarwelt's (our lead scientist's) Social Media was spammed with more than 10,000 photos with chunks of the metal with the tag #CharlieWeFoundTheAmulet!

Jesus that's a forced joke that most people won't even get.

Kingdom of Napels wrote:Erm... good job?

Too right!

I just got 700 bats on a game.

The Copper States wrote:I, weirdly, really enjoy those politics with balls montages (even though a good portion degrade to nazi zombies pretty quickly)

Well that's a winning combination of villains. And every narration needs a good villain.

A void-coloured tornado has opened across the sky, raining down flaimg chunks of metal. Photos went viral with the tag #TheVortexIsOpen!

Fortnuately, no one was hurt. After the vortex finally closed, the metal was inspected, and found to have almost supernatural, physics-altering capabilities.

The next day, Charles Edgarwelt's (our lead scientist's) Social Media was spammed with more than 10,000 photos with chunks of the metal with the tag #CharlieWeFoundTheAmulet![/quote]

The Copper States wrote:Blessings upon the copper states!

A void-coloured tornado has opened across the sky, raining down flaimg chunks of metal. Photos went viral with the tag #TheVortexIsOpen!

Fortnuately, no one was hurt. After the vortex finally closed, the metal was inspected, and found to have almost supernatural, physics-altering capabilities.

The next day, Charles Edgarwelt's (our lead scientist's) Social Media was spammed with more than 10,000 photos with chunks of the metal with the tag #CharlieWeFoundTheAmulet!

And ... here we go to the magic space rock. [Technically a wormhole mouth will look like an sphere showing the other side]

In case The Copper States or anyone is interested I reminds me of a CYOA = Choose Your Own Adventure, brief and easy about humanity first developing FTL tech to add flavor to world building.

https://funnyjunk.com/channel/cyoa/To+the+stars+cyoa/ogftLbt/

[Technically the thing with the Pyramid will be the first set of options of reversed-engineered alien tech. Personally I am split between the light speed slip stream (Star Trek) or the warp-touched psychics (Dune, Warhammer 40.000)]

Having been mostly dead (probably) for an indeterminate amount of time, and having spent the last nine hours coping with resurrection sickness, Lady Zaharra decides that it is time to take the cure. Now where did she leave that bottle of skeleton juice?

Loftegen 2 wrote:Having been mostly dead (probably) for an indeterminate amount of time, and having spent the last nine hours coping with resurrection sickness, Lady Zaharra decides that it is time to take the cure. Now where did she leave that bottle of skeleton juice?

Maybe dear leader can procure some for her.

Dear leader has been assigned jury duty and let me tell you you DO NOT want his liberal socialist a$$ on that jury.

Loftegen 2 wrote:Having been mostly dead (probably) for an indeterminate amount of time, and having spent the last nine hours coping with resurrection sickness, Lady Zaharra decides that it is time to take the cure. Now where did she leave that bottle of skeleton juice?

Got some! It may be slightly carbonated though. Fizzy lifting drinks.

Guiness Freaks wrote:Got some! It may be slightly carbonated though. Fizzy lifting drinks.

Carbonated skeleton juice? This should be interesting!

Just did my driving test

Caybow wrote:Just did my driving test

Results? And was the state trooper terrified at having to be driven around a parking lot by a sixteen year old kid? :)

Tubbius the Fat of Treadwellia is quite happy with His new pajamas. Being a farmer for many centuries, His Immensity was delighted to have a new line of MaTubbity coveralls meant for sleepwear: made of the same loose, stretchy Tubbex fabric of His favorite lavender nightgown but fashioned as a light, soft, and very roomy garment for covering the Tubbius body! The new fashion even allows for comfy wear of the customary supporting undergarments crucial for any Tubbian man or woman: the Tubbra and Tummy Sling.

Some photos of His Heaviness wearing the new clothes around the palace will soon reach the TubbNet.

Caybow wrote:Just did my driving test

Hope you were successful!

I recently read an article that on average young people in my country now need 40-50 hours of driving practice before they pass the practical exam. This seemed like an awful lot to me. When I got the license (EU class B) in 2004 it took me about 25 hrs or so IIRC.

For comparison, I did pass the practical exams for the private pilot license (EASA PPL-A) with 45 hours of training in 2017 (the minimum mandatory training is....45 hours).

Leonism wrote:Hope you were successful!

I recently read an article that on average young people in my country now need 40-50 hours of driving practice before they pass the practical exam. This seemed like an awful lot to me. When I got the license (EU class B) in 2004 it took me about 25 hrs or so IIRC.

For comparison, I did pass the practical exams for the private pilot license (EASA PPL-A) with 45 hours of training in 2017 (the minimum mandatory training is....45 hours).

Do you think that's because the exam is harder or people just aren't getting the hang of it as quickly?

Aigania wrote:Well that's a winning combination of villains. And every narration needs a good villain.

A void-coloured tornado has opened across the sky, raining down flaimg chunks of metal. Photos went viral with the tag #TheVortexIsOpen!

Fortnuately, no one was hurt. After the vortex finally closed, the metal was inspected, and found to have almost supernatural, physics-altering capabilities.

The next day, Charles Edgarwelt's (our lead scientist's) Social Media was spammed with more than 10,000 photos with chunks of the metal with the tag #CharlieWeFoundTheAmulet!

And ... here we go to the magic space rock. [Technically a wormhole mouth will look like an sphere showing the other side]

In case The Copper States or anyone is interested I reminds me of a CYOA = Choose Your Own Adventure, brief and easy about humanity first developing FTL tech to add flavor to world building.

https://funnyjunk.com/channel/cyoa/To+the+stars+cyoa/ogftLbt/

[Technically the thing with the Pyramid will be the first set of options of reversed-engineered alien tech. Personally I am split between the light speed slip stream (Star Trek) or the warp-touched psychics (Dune, Warhammer 40.000)][/quote]

I did the thing, but there don't seem to be any wrong choices? You just get a reward in every complication you pick. Do I not get it?

Loftegen 2 wrote:Results? And was the state trooper terrified at having to be driven around a parking lot by a sixteen year old kid? :)


I passed. Also I'm actually 17 and the examiner looked really bored while I was doing my driving.

Leonism wrote:Hope you were successful!

I recently read an article that on average young people in my country now need 40-50 hours of driving practice before they pass the practical exam. This seemed like an awful lot to me. When I got the license (EU class B) in 2004 it took me about 25 hrs or so IIRC.

For comparison, I did pass the practical exams for the private pilot license (EASA PPL-A) with 45 hours of training in 2017 (the minimum mandatory training is....45 hours).

Well here in Australia when on your L plates you need to get 90 hours of day time driving and 10 hours of night time driving and then you have to submit your logbook and then you take a physical test to get your P1 plates.

The Copper States wrote:And ... here we go to the magic space rock. [Technically a wormhole mouth will look like an sphere showing the other side]

In case The Copper States or anyone is interested I reminds me of a CYOA = Choose Your Own Adventure, brief and easy about humanity first developing FTL tech to add flavor to world building.

https://funnyjunk.com/channel/cyoa/To+the+stars+cyoa/ogftLbt/

[Technically the thing with the Pyramid will be the first set of options of reversed-engineered alien tech. Personally I am split between the light speed slip stream (Star Trek) or the warp-touched psychics (Dune, Warhammer 40.000)]

I did the thing, but there don't seem to be any wrong choices? You just get a reward in every complication you pick. Do I not get it?[/quote]

No you get it. There are hundreds of CYOAs, more are like that, a small game to pass time or depending of the use could be a tool to world build. Not bad ends, but possibilities.

Nonetheless there are a few out there more complex with counters, that depending of the options taken can go up or down and can have drastic results for good or bad.

P.S. Silly me, I make the mistake. Usually when played, the people interested post the options taken to compare. (See the comments section of the CYOA link).

Treadwellia wrote:Tubbius the Fat of Treadwellia is quite happy with His new pajamas. Being a farmer for many centuries, His Immensity was delighted to have a new line of MaTubbity coveralls meant for sleepwear: made of the same loose, stretchy Tubbex fabric of His favorite lavender nightgown but fashioned as a light, soft, and very roomy garment for covering the Tubbius body! The new fashion even allows for comfy wear of the customary supporting undergarments crucial for any Tubbian man or woman: the Tubbra and Tummy Sling.

Some photos of His Heaviness wearing the new clothes around the palace will soon reach the TubbNet.

Buy buy buy!!

«12. . .3,0563,0573,0583,0593,0603,0613,062. . .3,1623,163»

Advertisement