by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Grace of Gaia Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .53545556575859. . .8283»

Wannabe Philisophical Question of the Day:

Yay or nay: Would it be justified to jail and ultimately put to death one single, super-wholesome and innocent man in order to ensure 100 abhorrently guilty criminals are never able to taint the light of society's day?

To piggyback on that, as a part 1-B to the above's 1-A (if you will), would you condemn one bumbling -- sometimes very  dumb but ultimately well-meaning goofball -- placing all of society's recent mishaps and hiccups wholly yet falsely upon him if it meant a shot at some kind of utopia?

Nothing's guaranteed, but all your sins -- his sins, her sins, their sins, red fish, blue fish -- *everything* was unloaded and placed at the feet of this fellow.

There's only a 10% chance of achieving said utopia. Otherwise, everything will bounce back upon everyone tenfold. Is it worth throwing this goofball under the proverbial bus? Annointing him the most high evil of the world upon which all wrongs and ills and all previous bad things are attributed?

Would you annoint this WREATH, falsely, at his feet?

And would this utopia really even be real if its false peace were hypocritically bought with the blood of the unworthy?

Rechtentho

D V wrote:Question of the Day: Penguins or Polar Bears?

Penguins.

Agreed, penguins, because polar bears are aggressive, and can hurt us. Penguins probably would mind their own business and leave us alone. We would hurt polar bears in an act of self-defense, but do you really think that 20 penguins would attack a human?

D V wrote:Question of the Day: Congratulations, you have been bestowed the honor of naming the mightiest Aircraft Carrier to ever sale the seas. What do you name it?

The SS Minnow

Rechtentho

Battle Angel Alita wrote:

How about the SS Oceanlife?

Jehtria wrote:Wannabe Philisophical Question of the Day:

Yay or nay: Would it be justified to jail and ultimately put to death one single, super-wholesome and innocent man in order to ensure 100 abhorrently guilty criminals are never able to taint the light of society's day?

To piggyback on that, as a part 1-B to the above's 1-A (if you will), would you condemn one bumbling -- sometimes very  dumb but ultimately well-meaning goofball -- placing all of society's recent mishaps and hiccups wholly yet falsely upon him if it meant a shot at some kind of utopia?

Nothing's guaranteed, but all your sins -- his sins, her sins, their sins, red fish, blue fish -- *everything* was unloaded and placed at the feet of this fellow.

There's only a 10% chance of achieving said utopia. Otherwise, everything will bounce back upon everyone tenfold. Is it worth throwing this goofball under the proverbial bus? Annointing him the most high evil of the world upon which all wrongs and ills and all previous bad things are attributed?

Would you annoint this WREATH, falsely, at his feet?

And would this utopia really even be real if its false peace were hypocritically bought with the blood of the unworthy?

Yeah, in answer: Nay. Totally, nay.
Whatever the outcome, the world only becomes worse. You can place all those sins at his feet all you want - but in doing so, you've made a far graver one, which he will not be the bearer of. A far greater evil is born from this than is cast away.
I already dislike the idea of a utopia, but in my eyes, even if such 10% were 'successful', it would in fact be a mere dystopia under the veneer of being said utopia. Born of lies and not of truths, a world where the absolute ultimate evil has been embraced and selfishness reigns unhindered. Better that it burn, instead.

Utopia cannot succeed due to human nature; some want to work and the rest are willing to let them.

Question of the Day Redux:

You suddenly find yourself piloting a malfunctioning drone which just so happens to have enough explosives attached to its frame to blow up the frigging moon. (Smart)

For whatever reason, you're forced to either crash land said drone directly into your childhood home, killing your parents and sister in the process, or alternatively, into the church across from your house, killing approximately 52 devout worshipers, 3 priests and one seeing eye dog.

Besides dearly regretting your decision to turn your formerly cute and cuddly drone into a lethal, mobile mortar strike last Tuesday when you were bored... what do you do? Where do you crash it, your house or the church?

No deus ex machina por favor. This bad boy's going down and exploding at one of the two regardless of how many skill points you have in fly and/or use magic device.

D V, Battle Angel Alita, and Kabenitohamajihaka

Kabenitohamajihaka

Jehtria wrote:Question of the Day Redux:

You suddenly find yourself piloting a malfunctioning drone which just so happens to have enough explosives attached to its frame to blow up the frigging moon. (Smart)

For whatever reason, you're forced to either crash land said drone directly into your childhood home, killing your parents and sister in the process, or alternatively, into the church across from your house, killing approximately 52 devout worshipers, 3 priests and one seeing eye dog.

Besides dearly regretting your decision to turn your formerly cute and cuddly drone into a lethal, mobile mortar strike last Tuesday when you were bored... what do you do? Where do you crash it, your house or the church?

No deus ex machina por favor. This bad boy's going down and exploding at one of the two regardless of how many skill points you have in fly and/or use magic device.

I have two answers that you have not given. Crash it into some ISIS members or I give it to someone else. I know I am forced but I would run away and do it. If ya don't know I am joking.

Jehtria wrote:Question of the Day Redux:

You suddenly find yourself piloting a malfunctioning drone which just so happens to have enough explosives attached to its frame to blow up the frigging moon. (Smart)

For whatever reason, you're forced to either crash land said drone directly into your childhood home, killing your parents and sister in the process, or alternatively, into the church across from your house, killing approximately 52 devout worshipers, 3 priests and one seeing eye dog.

Besides dearly regretting your decision to turn your formerly cute and cuddly drone into a lethal, mobile mortar strike last Tuesday when you were bored... what do you do? Where do you crash it, your house or the church?

No deus ex machina por favor. This bad boy's going down and exploding at one of the two regardless of how many skill points you have in fly and/or use magic device.

I mean.... Think what you want of me, but in the end I'm saving my own first. \_(ツ)_/
Both options suck, but if absolutely forced to one of the two, then yeah.

D V wrote:As Renaria said, please refrain from double posting and use the Edit option, thank you!

Oooo cookies... Yum!
While you're here, have some of our own Gaian Chocolate Bark! *offers platter*

-----
Question of the Day: Congratulations, you have been bestowed the honor of naming the mightiest Aircraft Carrier to ever sail the seas. What do you name it?

Hmmmm.
The SS Megalodon.
And it could be nicknamed the Mega.

-----

In answer to the poll, I picked a combination of the above. First and foremost, I'd say Healthcare, then Transportation and Industrial Development, then Defense and Education.
Prioritize keeping people healthy, then transport and industry to keep people employed and things growing - and then Defense to keep it all defended, and Education so people can actually do all of that more effectively and advance them.

Hm the Lunea thats a carrier

Rechtentho

Jehtria wrote:Question of the Day Redux:

You suddenly find yourself piloting a malfunctioning drone which just so happens to have enough explosives attached to its frame to blow up the frigging moon. (Smart)

For whatever reason, you're forced to either crash land said drone directly into your childhood home, killing your parents and sister in the process, or alternatively, into the church across from your house, killing approximately 52 devout worshipers, 3 priests and one seeing eye dog.

Besides dearly regretting your decision to turn your formerly cute and cuddly drone into a lethal, mobile mortar strike last Tuesday when you were bored... what do you do? Where do you crash it, your house or the church?

No deus ex machina por favor. This bad boy's going down and exploding at one of the two regardless of how many skill points you have in fly and/or use magic device.

Anyway, the church, I would choose, because parents are the one who gave you life, while the church people can say whatever they want in order to get what they want, most likely the MOOLA, fam.
The church all the way.

Good morning/afternoon/night to everyone! How are you all doing on this fine Friday?

21st Century Rome wrote:*comes here to greet our new embassy and give cookies to try to convert y'all to the cookie cult*
*sees this*
um....
*starts to close embassies*

Closing embassies? A grievous insult!

Soldiers, to the polar bears! Mount them and ride for Soldiersend!

No, not like that, the other sort of mounting. Atttttaaacccck!

Rangers of the Grey, Battle Angel Alita, and Kabenitohamajihaka

D V wrote:Question of the Day: Congratulations, you have been bestowed the honor of naming the mightiest Aircraft Carrier to ever sail the seas. What do you name it?

As long as it's not boaty mcboatface, I'm happy.

I guess I'd go with the Dildo, because it can **** up our enemies.

Soldiersend Archive wrote:Closing embassies? A grievous insult!

Soldiers, to the polar bears! Mount them and ride for Soldiersend!

No, not like that, the other sort of mounting. Atttttaaacccck!

Soldiersend Archive wrote:As long as it's not boaty mcboatface, I'm happy.

I guess I'd go with the Dildo, because it can **** up our enemies.

No double posting, please.

Kabenitohamajihaka

This is not a QOTD
I have a question. This is the second time I asked it and the first time was my first time in GOG.
My question is... What is the weirdest legislation that you have had?

Kabenitohamajihaka wrote:This is not a QOTD
I have a question. This is the second time I asked it and the first time was my first time in GOG.
My question is... What is the weirdest legislation that you have had?

That's a good question. Probably making my national animal able to gain citizenship? I'm sure there has been weirder though

Battle Angel Alita and Kabenitohamajihaka

Kabenitohamajihaka

Kabenitohamajihaka wrote:This is not a QOTD
I have a question. This is the second time I asked it and the first time was my first time in GOG.
My question is... What is the weirdest legislation that you have had?

I will answer my own question. I have two. Following legislation in Kabenitohamajihaka there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates. Following new legislation in Kabenitohamajihaka, children play Capture the Flag and Capture the Bigtopian General Staff at summer camps. None of these are the weirdest legislations out there but for the legislations I know I had these are the most weird.

Nemiliauiabiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Kabenitohamajihaka

Nemiliauiabiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Hello

Hi. Welcome to Grace of Gaia. I have no idea of what else to say but enjoy.
Edit:And he's gone. However hello Woopl and Republicdia!

Chromoto

Kabenitohamajihaka wrote:Hi. Welcome to Grace of Gaia. I have no idea of what else to say but enjoy.
Edit:And he's gone. However hello Woopl and Republicdia!

hi

Kabenitohamajihaka

Chromoto wrote:hi

Hi Chromoto! I still have no idea what else I should say but enjoy Grace of Gaia!

Guess I'll go ahead and resume these.

Question of the Day: If you had to come face to face with any alien from science fiction, which would you pick?

I mean.... Probably, literally, anything but Xenomorph or the Thing. I don't think anything sounds as bad as running into those.
Maybe one of those more peaceful races from Stargate? Not too familiar with the show, though.

Battle Angel Alita and Kabenitohamajihaka

Kabenitohamajihaka

D V wrote:Guess I'll go ahead and resume these.

Question of the Day: If you had to come face to face with any alien from science fiction, which would you pick?

I mean.... Probably, literally, anything but Xenomorph or the Thing. I don't think anything sounds as bad as running into those.
Maybe one of those more peaceful races from Stargate? Not too familiar with the show, though.

Humans on the moon. That was a joke. Asgardians is my actual answer.

Chromoto wrote:hi

Welcome to the region! I'll leave out some of our famous Gaian Chocolate Bark for you and all our other new nations. (PS, there is even more for you in the Discord server)

D V wrote:Guess I'll go ahead and resume these.

Question of the Day: If you had to come face to face with any alien from science fiction, which would you pick?

If we're being specific, probably Spock or Yoda. If we're just talking about alien races, probably still a Vulcan or maybe one of those hot Twi'lek things from Star Wars

Kabenitohamajihaka wrote:Humans on the moon. That was a joke. Asgardians is my actual answer.

Ah shoot, why didn't I think of that? I'd much rather meet an Asgardian than a Twi'lek but I think I'd still probably rather meet a Vulcan

Battle Angel Alita and Kabenitohamajihaka

«12. . .53545556575859. . .8283»

Advertisement