by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Forest Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .1,4841,4851,4861,4871,4881,4891,490. . .1,5841,585»

Hello again! Argh, it's been a while and yep, I have once again changed nations! Alanis Star will be going to Osiris!

Cela wrote:I fully support LGBTQ+, but I'm really getting tired of this "corporate wokeness" with every soulless corporation changing their logos to the rainbow. It's so obviously pandering, it hurts. Might even be worse than corporate twitter accounts pretending to be cool with the kids. I guess there's worse things corporations are doing, but this is still getting really annoying. On the other hand, I can see the positive change being made by normalizing LGBT, even if it's not done for the reasons we'd like.

i understand. its like 'greenwashing'. but the existence of massive enough interest and concern, to pressure them into doing this, is an encouraging sign.
if it does nothing else, at least its pretty, while the paint is still fresh.

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:I call dibs on "particle swarm optimization," so don't take it.

Fixed your spelling error. :)

Don't worry, I'll change my pretitle back in a few days. Just couldn't resist.

Hey, you know what would be really ironic and apposite? If a whole swarm of nations adopted this pretitle... Just saying.

Caracasus wrote:I think the obvious question to as corporations flying the rainbow flag would be where the hell they were a few decades back when LGBT+ rights were being fought for, back when being gay wasn't something that was broadly accepted in our society.

On mobile at the mo, so cant find the details but there's one particular telecomms company over here that was busy making social media algorythms that'd be used to identify political dissidents and gay people - can't remember the country and as I said on mobile. I'll have a look when I get home and I bet if I were to look up that company's website they'd have a little rainbow flag and blurb.

$5 says half the companies waving rainbow logos didn't even recognize same sex partnership until they were legally required to.

Post self-deleted by East morey.

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Fixed your spelling error. :)

Don't worry, I'll change my pretitle back in a few days. Just couldn't resist.

Hey, you know what would be really ironic and apposite? If a whole swarm of nations adopted this pretitle... Just saying.

That would be somewhat amusing! My pretitle is already optimized so I will pass on changing it. However, I encourage other nations to change theirs!

It would also be funny to use "z" in place of "s" whenever possible (no throwing it into words where Americans use "s") to razz Candlewhisper Archive!

Cela wrote:I fully support LGBTQ+, but I'm really getting tired of this "corporate wokeness" with every soulless corporation changing their logos to the rainbow. It's so obviously pandering, it hurts. Might even be worse than corporate twitter accounts pretending to be cool with the kids. I guess there's worse things corporations are doing, but this is still getting really annoying. On the other hand, I can see the positive change being made by normalizing LGBT, even if it's not done for the reasons we'd like.

Or Gillette...

Time for some stat-posting, of a stat I suppose is only the natural result of going green, and never really cared for until it pops up:
Darths and Droids is ranked 17th in the world and 1st in Forest for Highest Foreign Aid Spending, scoring 12,985.33 on the Clooney Contribution Index.

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Fixed your spelling error. :)

Don't worry, I'll change my pretitle back in a few days. Just couldn't resist.

Hey, you know what would be really ironic and apposite? If a whole swarm of nations adopted this pretitle... Just saying.

whistles innocently

Below is a statement from "KNS2"

The Landfill of Kinganaryasia has always been colored, in fact we enforce discrimination by color or origin since there are different "leftovers from a selective process of processing consumables, originating from discarded materials reusable by force of individual will", composed of different materials and purposes .

Now about what concerns our beloved Scrapers, who have reached the number of 2 billion at the last weighing. We assert their freedom of choice and decision in a uniform way, but we must warn that once divorce is prohibited and marriages are permanent, we recommend choosing this issue with extreme care. In Kinganaryasia there is no taste before choosing. If it's not a choice then there will be no regrets, that's what she said.

Sincerely yours: Ministry of Sorting and Civics Affairs - Capital Waste Pile 26, Bathtub 4.

Verdant Haven wrote:What's your lore?

My nation is from an alternate timeline splitting after the 2000 US presidental election.

Western Continental Divide is the 7 westernmost states in the United States (California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona) which collectively agreed to join together after the dissolution of the US after the 2000 election and the even more disastrous 2004 "election." The east coast split into New England and the South/Confederacy, with a Great Plains state forming a large central area with the capital in Chicago. Colorado and Texas established themselves and independent states.

While the three westernmost states (California, Oregon, Washington) merged easily, but the other four states agreed to join only because they were close and wanted to combine for a larger international voice.

Lord Dominator wrote:whistles innocently

I see nothing wrong with this post.

Edit: I've just realized that Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners has left for FloorNet. If you see this (I don't think it'll ping you because this is an edit), I bid thee farewell, and will cherish the cardigan you gave me, even if it pinches a little sometimes.

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Canaltia wrote:I see nothing wrong with this post.

Edit: I've just realized that Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners has left for FloorNet. If you see this (I don't think it'll ping you because this is an edit), I bid thee farewell, and will cherish the cardigan you gave me, even if it pinches a little sometimes.

Damn pills!

Too far for a joke, what creativity does to people, recommend to use the backup, I have super soft brushes of the highest quality, limited time offer!

Good afternoon from TNP, good friends!

Valloire wrote:Hello everyone, I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Welcome to Forest! I like your flag! :-)

Well, after 2 hours, a crate of materials, a fifty foot extension cord, a solid kilogram of dry mix, and several evasive maneuvers, operation Waffle Time has come to an end. I made a lot of waffles, I've become "iconic", and I burned myself twice, but most importantly, I served dozens of students freshly made waffles for free. They cleared the cafeteria, kicked out my partner in crime, and eventually caught me and told me I was a fire hazard, but I lasted a long time, and I'm very proud of that. I probably should have been studying for my diploma tomorrow, but that's no fun.

Drusselstein wrote:Good afternoon from TNP, good friends!

Happy Pride Month to you and the rest of TNP!

Canaltia wrote:Well, after 2 hours, a crate of materials, a fifty foot extension cord, a solid kilogram of dry mix, and several evasive maneuvers, operation Waffle Time has come to an end. I made a lot of waffles, I've become "iconic", and I burned myself twice, but most importantly, I served dozens of students freshly made waffles for free. They cleared the cafeteria, kicked out my partner in crime, and eventually caught me and told me I was a fire hazard, but I lasted a long time, and I'm very proud of that. I probably should have been studying for my diploma tomorrow, but that's no fun.

This is what legends are made of

12 hours ago: Sapnu puas was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
…what? I haven't even answered any issue lately!?

cameroi's (or perhaps i should say the planet lananara's, as cameroi was never on earth anyway) timeline
"split from earth's" before the roman empire,
which never came into existence,
with the result of 'christianity' being more like buddhism,
and the library of alexandria never burned
and thus no middle ages preventing the era of steam and electricity begenning around 1100,
and the making of war ending perminently around then because it was inconvenient to rail infrastructure and the aesthetics of creative design.

with no hatred of logic to hold development back,
the entire solar system had become accessable by 1900,
and the planet; lananara, was welcomed into the galactic consultative federation by the year 2000,
so such things as ftl and anti-gravity are quite ordinary and common,

yet populations have been kept small
because, with all our advanced technology,
people still prefer living in small villages out in the woods,
linked by solar powered narrow gauge railways.

yes we don't need them.
we have point to point teleportaion.

but cultures keep what they love, and we love our little trains, and forests and mountains, and little furry creatures.

which with our genetic technology, anyone can look like any sort of life form they choose.
thus furry

and thus hunting is not advised,
as any living creature you encounter might be as sapient as yourself.

of course that creates a situation as some of us choose to be carniverous and nocturnal.

for those of us who can't digest vegetable matter, we cultivate meat mountains,
which have no central nervous system
and thus no self awareness,
and taste wonderful.

and with ultrimation, capitalism doesn't work either.
if you can make everything without having to pay anyone to help make it,
who's going to have any money to buy what you make?

so we've bypassed that pretty much entirely.
why create artificial shortages when everyone can just enjoy being creative instead anyway.

so our economics are a kind of gift economy,
where prestege is earned by generosity and creativity.

no one has to do anything, but people do anyway, because they would get bored not to.
and our culture long ago discovered that just being entertained can be incredibly boring too.

and some people even like to do everything by hand as a form of meditation,
and their choice is as respected as anyone else's.

the learning and designing if technologies is more popular then dramatic entertainment too.
and mazes and forests are loved, because there's something in our national character that just simply needs them,
for our minds to stay healthy.

Whoops. There goes my residency stat.

Sapnu puas wrote:12 hours ago: Sapnu puas was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
…what? I haven't even answered any issue lately!?

WA passed a thing

Aclion wrote:WA passed a thing

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the WA can change someone's classification. A resolution won't change member nation's stats, and I can imagine it doesn't change how they are interpreted, because that would be a lot of work. Maybe your economic output growing caused it somehow?

Edit: no, it would be a change in personal freedoms, not economic.

Canaltia wrote:You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the WA can change someone's classification. A resolution won't change member nation's stats, and I can imagine it doesn't change how they are interpreted, because that would be a lot of work. Maybe your economic output growing caused it somehow?

Edit: no, it would be a change in personal freedoms, not economic.

You are wrong - the WA can change stats, and can change classifications.

Backstage the editors can see the exact stat assignations, but I can't share those with you of course.

What will it be today? Left-Wing Utopia or Liberal Democratic Socialist. I keep going back and forth.

«12. . .1,4841,4851,4861,4871,4881,4891,490. . .1,5841,585»

Advertisement