1) Mazdak The Younger, Son of Bamdad and his proto-socialist, vegetarian, pacifist, altruistic-hedonist revolution in 530s Sassanid Persia.
2) Euhemerus' fictional island of the gods in the Indian Ocean Pankhaia: https://www.theoi.com/Phylos/Pankhaia.html
3) Sinbad's Voyages in the Indian Ocean
4) Swahili folklore about Persian refugees fleeing to islands in the Indian Ocean
5) Mythology of the Vazimba of Madagascar
6) Qarmatianism in the Persian Gulf and Khurramism in Azerbaijan
7) Dabestan-e Mazaheb description of Mazdakism as well as other Mazdaean denominations
8) Seychelles, Socotra, Comoros, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius
9) Submerged Mauritia subcontinent
10) My native country of Aruba, Kingdom of the Netherlands
Jewish fishermen claimed territory on unsettled islands originally belonging to Greece, located between Cyprus and Lebanon. The western Fekerstanis are living as shepherds and architects, sculpturing out the walls, pillars, windows, and mosaic for the seven synagogues of Fekerstani. Western Fekerstani (פגרסתנא, φάγερχταναι, Fágerchtanai/Fagerstanna) is sometimes considered as an unstated nation because of the stronger influence of Greek culture that separates the Fagerstanpolis (western Fekerstanis) and Fekerpolis (eastern). Fagerstanna is located in the ocean between Cyprus and Crete.
Treaties regarding whether Fekerstani was to be declared independent or not were held in Alexandria, Beirut, Istanbul, Heraklion, and Jerusalem between September and March (1931-32)
The treaty was signed with three main goals:
1. Fekerstani shall have a good relationship with opportunities for political and economic cooperation between Egypt, Lebanon, Turkey, Greece, and Israel. The sworn nations will be allowed to plant embassies in Fekerstani.
2. Armed forces, cargo ships, and other vehicles and forces may not, without Fekerstani's consent, be located 70 km off the coast of Fekerstani.
3. Fekerstani is not allowed to expand its borders and conquer new lands unless voluntary states themselves want to donate land. What Fekerstani, on the other hand, is allowed to do is build artificial islands up to 70 km off the coast.
The country's independence was proclaimed on May 5th, 1933
In 1942, after the independence of Cyprus, Fagerstanna and Feckerpolis were invaded by missiles from Cypriot fighter jets.
Cyprus had a coup to conquer Fekerstani's lands but armed internal forces originating from Greece and Lebanon provided Fekerstani with weapons, provisions, and medical care.
In 1945, Cyprus was forced to capitulate, sign the "Fecker Treaty", pay off public debt and contribute three years of compulsory community service.
Kuerhyedín means speaker of Kuerhyét, which I envisioned anglified as Kuerhyedeen; to which I stupidly added -stan.
It's a silly name which I regret making. If I had made my nation today the name would be Kuerma, which is the native country name in Kuerhyét.
As for the name of the language, I'm just going to quote an old post of mine:
Submerged islands are such a great way to make new countries! Especially because I personally feel a bit uncomfortable replacing people living in an IRL place with my concultures, lol. Though I do have an idea floating around of "what if some splinter group of the Tocharians kept migrating east and eventually crossed the Bering Strait?"
Source: The World Census ranked nations on the basis of how odd, extreme, or fundamentalist their social, economic, and political systems are.
I do not allow marriages, I am a theocracy, I have banned automobiles and aircraft, I allow children to gamble and be overly sexualized .... and somehow I am ranked 27th in the region. How crazy are you guys?!
In Kowani: divorce is illegal, adultery is illegal, religion is illegal, the government harvests your DNA and you organs when you die, puts an ID chip in you, biological reproduction is illegal (and you have to get a license for a vat-child), meat is illegal, smoking is illegal, piercings are illegal, guns are illegal, cars and plane flight are illegal, gambling is illegal, and alcohol is illegal. Also, it's illegal to leave.
Polygamy and gay marriage are legal, and the entire economy's run by a robot.
Fun stuff, Auruna was originally a weird mix of France, Germonies, and Russia. So the name had a Latin root.
The name came from my inherent obsession of the golden eagle which also led to one of my usernames. So yeah, stolen from the Latin aurum.
ICly - The name Auruna came from Aruzhin. Auruna (ARU: the home of eagles) = auru (eagle) + -na derived from veraunaya (home / place / land)
For the backstory, whatever idea I got while playing games, especially HOI4 and EU4.
My puppets have nuclear weapons.
While my main only settled for nuclear power. Robots are everywhere, goverment is completely federalised, the imperial system is illegal, everybody is pretty much religious, the economy is majority state-owned, and one can be executed for crimes like jaywalking if you weren't hit by a car in the first place
And one decision led to the country being categorised as a Left-Leaning College State.
Not as crazy as the others here but there's still a chance.
Sradvijeka sam ali onavníjeka na surgijemém na sakoúla, blagslavijeka
I'm happy but tired after stomach surgery, thanks
Sad mogulí sam beginím mesvijikí obroknije regulegí ili jedstaván nije siví li
Now I'm able to continuing eating regular food and just not soups
Check-in of the month, coinciding with a general withdrawal from social networks due to lack of interest.
... should really get back into the groove soon...