by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .1,0331,0341,0351,0361,0371,0381,039. . .1,1311,132»

Rothella wrote:Regardless. Moving their equipment, food and supplies. Moving them around. Protecting them. Supporting them in combat. Would still tick off the Derikan people. Why is the Derikan government using a private army when it has a perfectly good, honorable and outstanding army itself? From the Derikan citizens POV it doesn't make sense. How would you feel if you were funding Virginia's national guard when you lived in Wyoming and are already paying for your states national guard AND the federal military?

Now, I'm not disregarding how crucial the operations were, but how does that raise significance to the Derikan people?

Rothella wrote:Regardless. Moving their equipment, food and supplies. Moving them around. Protecting them. Supporting them in combat. Would still tick off the Derikan people. Why is the Derikan government using a private army when it has a perfectly good, honorable and outstanding army itself? From the Derikan citizens POV it doesn't make sense. How would you feel if you were funding Virginia's national guard when you lived in Wyoming and are already paying for your states national guard AND the federal military?

I'd imagine funds for latorik are filtered underneath a federal paycheck.

since they've only been deployed as an elite shock force under specific federal supervision.

And they've only been deployed in a large enough margin to even begin to register on a certain level once. The first time Acre pulled his own personal wealth out to fund the albanian deployment.

They haven't nearly been deployed or utilized enough for their cost to even begin to register on a national level, especially considering Derika is interplanetary.

Tithes to Derika are filtered out among various noble houses (as well as actual government troops) and their services purchased by private interests since their odds to fight to the death in protection of whatever the company is shipping is very very very high and the likliehood of potential anger at piss-poor pay/generally subpar conditions is very very low

Latorik wrote:I'd imagine funds for latorik are filtered underneath a federal paycheck.

since they've only been deployed as an elite shock force under specific federal supervision.

And they've only been deployed in a large enough margin to even begin to register on a certain level once. The first time Acre pulled his own personal wealth out to fund the albanian deployment.

Ah. Well I guess this whole argument falls apart because Acre is using his own money to fund it. I was going to say that taxes rising for no inexplicable reason would probably be widely protested but since Acre is funding it idk.

Rothella wrote:Ah. Well I guess this whole argument falls apart because Acre is using his own money to fund it. I was going to say that taxes rising for no inexplicable reason would probably be widely protested but since Acre is funding it idk.

Acre funded the first excursion.

Second into Elskini territory wouldn't have raised much eyebrows considering it was likely just put under the agenda of 'defense' and the average Derikan citizen was under the impression that the aliens were intent on the genocide of all humanity considering what the kell said.

Latorik wrote:Acre funded the first excursion.

Second into Elskini territory wouldn't have raised much eyebrows considering it was likely just put under the agenda of 'defense' and the average Derikan citizen was under the impression that the aliens were intent on the genocide of all humanity considering what the kell said.

Yeah. Not to mention the 15 million soldier draft, I believe the number was, to combat the Eliksni.

Rothella wrote:Yeah. Not to mention the 15 million soldier draft, I believe the number was, to combat the Eliksni.

tbf once you consider the scale of an interstellar empire thats not that much

unless the colonies only have a few mil each or smthing

Did I give an adequate explanation of Latorik's tithing process gayker

Rothella wrote:Yeah. Not to mention the 15 million soldier draft, I believe the number was, to combat the Eliksni.

50 million*

Latorik wrote:Acre funded the first excursion.

Second into Elskini territory wouldn't have raised much eyebrows considering it was likely just put under the agenda of 'defense' and the average Derikan citizen was under the impression that the aliens were intent on the genocide of all humanity considering what the kell said.

also, acre has alot of moners

he funds alot

he continues to fund albania from his own wealth

Latorik wrote:Did I give an adequate explanation of Latorik's tithing process gayker

:D

With clone production now reaching 20 million men per year, a Rothellan envoy proposed giving the UN ten million clones per year instead of the previous five. "To help secure peace and stability across humanity, a much larger and unbiased international force is required. Space piracy and humanitarian threats still plauge our civilization, we must be able to defend and ensure humanity's survival for the future." Dwarka's food production also increased. It's previous export focus of nearly 80 percent nearly doubled as the entire planet was almost covered in massive farms.

'unbiased'

Latorik wrote:'unbiased'

of course.
the un is a pinnacle of justice and righteousness ;)

'un'

'united farts'

gaygio im gonna start watching Invincible

Latorik wrote:gaygio im gonna start watching Invincible

Watch it. It's very good. I really like the Super Hero team, "The Guardians." They make great characters and are fun to watch

Rothella wrote:Watch it. It's very good. I really like the Super Hero team, "The Guardians." They make great characters and are fun to watch

ive already been spoiled somewhat and I know omni-man goes butt nuts

im about halfway through the first episode rn

walk into class

"y'all finished with your project?"

um

Rothella wrote:With clone production now reaching 20 million men per year, a Rothellan envoy proposed giving the UN ten million clones per year instead of the previous five. "To help secure peace and stability across humanity, a much larger and unbiased international force is required. Space piracy and humanitarian threats still plauge our civilization, we must be able to defend and ensure humanity's survival for the future." Dwarka's food production also increased. It's previous export focus of nearly 80 percent nearly doubled as the entire planet was almost covered in massive farms.

They deny the request, though they divert this 5 million to the new division.

Latorik wrote:ive already been spoiled somewhat and I know omni-man goes butt nuts

im about halfway through the first episode rn

Darn. How is it so far?

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:walk into class

"y'all finished with your project?"

um

F
Clukey? The one who doesn't tell you that you have assignments?

Rothella wrote:Darn. How is it so far?F
Clukey? The one who doesn't tell you that you have assignments?

no ive been working on this project for awhile

i just havent finished it yet

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:They deny the request, though they divert this 5 million to the new division.

But wasn't the deal a yearly donation of five million marines?

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:no ive been working on this project for awhile

i just havent finished it yet

Oh dear, hopefully you still have time.

Post self-deleted by Latorik.

'present car purchase assignment'

excuse me

«12. . .1,0331,0341,0351,0361,0371,0381,039. . .1,1311,132»

Advertisement