by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Confederation of the Mediterranean Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .903904905906907908909. . .1,1221,123»

Rothella wrote:Gotcha.Nearly as soon as the scouts had appeared they had disappeared. Several bodies gave the impression that they were wiped out. From above the road, logs began to roll down a hill and into the convoy.

Tanks and Jeeps would open fire on the logs, and would swerve out out of the road.

Romanum Gunships begin to sweep over the jungle, and begin to fly over the tribal encampment as well.

Derika wrote:Tanks and Jeeps would open fire on the logs, and would swerve out out of the road.

From above in the trees, the jeeps and tanks experienced heavy crystal gunfire. Scouts moving from tree to tree to avoid being shot. The tribal encampment began to fire its only AA cannon at the gunships, while troops inside fired their guns in a vain attempt to try to take them out.

Rothella wrote:From above in the trees, the jeeps and tanks experienced heavy crystal gunfire. Scouts moving from tree to tree to avoid being shot. The tribal encampment began to fire its only AA cannon at the gunships, while troops inside fired their guns in a vain attempt to try to take them out.

The gunships open fire on the AA cannon, and begin to drop soldiers into the encampment.

The Jeeps and tanks then open fire on the trees, as one of the jeeps swerve out of control into a tree.

Latorik wrote:They merely begin to utter prayers and swear at their Rothellan captors in response, not budging in the slightest.

(its a singular dude with the required information)

The anti-tank men manage to get off only a single shot before being targeted by marksmen and the infantry. Their shot goes high, merely warping the barrel of the IFV rather than disabling it completely.

On the plus side, it renders it now incapable of firing.

The infantry prepares to sweep up the scant few Rothellans remaining at the crash sites, maybe a dozen in total, all injured in some way, likely. Grenades and rockets are used to clear the crashsites of any remaining enemies.

They don't know which one it is.

Those at the crash sites were slaughtered.

The marines at the roof continued to fire down. Using the AC ducts as cover they alternated their positions and fired the AP-74 until one remained. He prepared to aim a shot, only to have his brains blown by a high powered sniper rifle

Derika wrote:The gunships open fire on the AA cannon, and begin to drop soldiers into the encampment.

The Jeeps and tanks then open fire on the trees, as one of the jeeps swerve out of control into a tree.

Each time the gunships got close enough to line up a good shot, the AA cannon got a great line of sight to fire. Meanwhile, the Derikans found themselves quickly surrounded as they landed soldiers in the encampment.

Rothella wrote:Each time the gunships got close enough to line up a good shot, the AA cannon got a great line of sight to fire. Meanwhile, the Derikans found themselves quickly surrounded as they landed soldiers in the encampment.

The soldiers would create a perimeter, and the gunships would start to land around the tribe, dropping off more soldiers and firing on the AA battery.

Derika wrote:The soldiers would create a perimeter, and the gunships would start to land around the tribe, dropping off more soldiers and firing on the AA battery.

The AA battery was taken out, but not before taking out multiple unlucky gunships who performed the landing maneuvers too close to the cannon. Meanwhile, the soldiers who had created a perimeter were pelted with a dozen grenades, each exploding into a dazzling display of sharp crystal shards.

Rothella wrote:They don't know which one it is.

Those at the crash sites were slaughtered.

The marines at the roof continued to fire down. Using the AC ducts as cover they alternated their positions and fired the AP-74 until one remained. He prepared to aim a shot, only to have his brains blown by a high powered sniper rifle

oooh

With the anti-tank taken out, but nonetheless still wary, the field commander is uncertain about commanding the rest of his armored elements forward for risk of losing them, instead having them hang back and act as long range support platforms whilst the infantry advance

Latorik wrote:oooh

With the anti-tank taken out, but nonetheless still wary, the field commander is uncertain about commanding the rest of his armored elements forward for risk of losing them, instead having them hang back and act as long range support platforms whilst the infantry advance

Once inside the infantry was met with fierce resistance. In a hallway they came along a shield wall of marines, of which, fired into the exposed ALF force

Rothella wrote:Once inside the infantry was met with fierce resistance. In a hallway they came along a shield wall of marines, of which, fired into the exposed ALF force

The infantry prepare to clear the marines, utilizing grenade launchers and explosives to clear the area despite their heavy casualties.

Latorik wrote:The infantry prepare to clear the marines, utilizing grenade launchers and explosives to clear the area despite their heavy casualties.

Had they been normal greandes, a marine could have used his shield to sacrifice himself and save his squad, but the grenade launchers ripped right through the marines. A little further in, an MG nest lay at the end of a long hallway. It began to spray into the advancing ALF.

Eventually the interrogators try to bribe the prisoners, promising them millions if they give up information. (I'm surprised they held out this long)

Rothella wrote:Eventually the interrogators try to bribe the prisoners, promising them millions if they give up information. (I'm surprised they held out this long)

(well the ones that didnt probably didnt have any real information on them)

(the guy they're looking for was a former hardliner Asar loyalist so hes probably fairly insane)

A number of prisoners jump at the opportunity, promptly lying to the faces of their interrogators with bogus locations and information

Rothella wrote:Had they been normal greandes, a marine could have used his shield to sacrifice himself and save his squad, but the grenade launchers ripped right through the marines. A little further in, an MG nest lay at the end of a long hallway. It began to spray into the advancing ALF.

The ALF, at this point, have dispersed to quite a degree to avoid return fire from the Rothellan shield line. The machine gun nest kills a number of fighters despite that before a soldier opens fire with a rocket grenade

so how many guys left.

Considering like two platoons died and the rangers up and left

Latorik wrote:(well the ones that didnt probably didnt have any real information on them)

(the guy they're looking for was a former hardliner Asar loyalist so hes probably fairly insane)

A number of prisoners jump at the opportunity, promptly lying to the faces of their interrogators with bogus locations and informationThe ALF, at this point, have dispersed to quite a degree to avoid return fire from the Rothellan shield line. The machine gun nest kills a number of fighters despite that before a soldier opens fire with a rocket grenade

so how many guys left.

Considering like two platoons died and the rangers up and left

Like, 3 platoons left, but they're at basically half strength so instead of 75 it's like 36-40 men. I would like to note 38/250 men, the IFV's and the grenades did a number on casualties.

The machinegun nest is destroyed. At this point, the entire first floor was taken.

Rothella wrote:Like, 3 platoons left, but they're at basically half strength so instead of 75 it's like 36-40 men. I would like to note 38/250 men, the IFV's and the grenades did a number on casualties.

The machinegun nest is destroyed. At this point, the entire first floor was taken.

The soldiers prepare to move forward after tending to their wounded, moving up the staircase carefully.

The three commandos above await near the roof, the single unwounded soldier keeping his weapon trained on the stairwell, in case any Rothellans decided to come by.

Meanwhile, a number of the prisoners left behind on the roof in the chaos (mostly wounded) have begun rudimentarily arming themselves, scavenging from dead Rothellans

Latorik wrote:(well the ones that didnt probably didnt have any real information on them)

(the guy they're looking for was a former hardliner Asar loyalist so hes probably fairly insane)

A number of prisoners jump at the opportunity, promptly lying to the faces of their interrogators with bogus locations and informationThe ALF, at this point, have dispersed to quite a degree to avoid return fire from the Rothellan shield line. The machine gun nest kills a number of fighters despite that before a soldier opens fire with a rocket grenade

so how many guys left.

Considering like two platoons died and the rangers up and left

The prisoners claims were first checked out before giving them money. When most were found to be false, the prisoners were secretly executed. When only the fanatic remained the marines decided to get down to business.

Latorik wrote:The soldiers prepare to move forward after tending to their wounded, moving up the staircase carefully.

The three commandos above await near the roof, the single unwounded soldier keeping his weapon trained on the stairwell, in case any Rothellans decided to come by.

Meanwhile, a number of the prisoners left behind on the roof in the chaos (mostly wounded) have begun rudimentarily arming themselves, scavenging from dead Rothellans

The stairwell entrance to the second floor opened right into the view of the last MG nest, along with a squad of marines who held shields ducking to allow the MG to fire into the ALF entering.

(They escaped their restraints?

Rothella wrote:The prisoners claims were first checked out before giving them money. When most were found to be false, the prisoners were secretly executed. When only the fanatic remained the marines decided to get down to business.
The stairwell entrance to the second floor opened right into the view of the last MG nest, along with a squad of marines who held shields ducking to allow the MG to fire into the ALF entering.

(They escaped their restraints?

(yea some did, since it was in such a rush I imagine a bunch were improperly secured)
The ALF immediately backpedal upon the sight of the machine gun nest, firing several grenades blindly as they retreat back down the stairs, losing a number of their members as they do so.

The wild eyed man merely spits at his captors, snarling.

Latorik wrote:(yea some did, since it was in such a rush I imagine a bunch were improperly secured)
The ALF immediately backpedal upon the sight of the machine gun nest, firing several grenades blindly as they retreat back down the stairs, losing a number of their members as they do so.

The wild eyed man merely spits at his captors, snarling.

(would it be possible to upload a persons mind into a computer at this point in technology?

The mg nest is destroyed, a squad of marines with S99 riot shields lined either side of the entrance, to the point where the ALF would have to exit the stairwell to line up a shot.

I love how you have a factbook dedicated to just explosives

Rothella wrote:(would it be possible to upload a persons mind into a computer at this point in technology?

The mg nest is destroyed, a squad of marines with S99 riot shields lined either side of the entrance, to the point where the ALF would have to exit the stairwell to line up a shot.

(I mean idk)

(if brain uploads do exist they probably arent worth using on a in the grand scheme of things low level insurgent)

(albanians have mind jacking)

(so are the marines like clustered around the entrance?)

Latorik wrote:(I mean idk)

(if brain uploads do exist they probably arent worth using on a in the grand scheme of things low level insurgent)

(albanians have mind jacking)

(so are the marines like clustered around the entrance?)

No. Basically a distance away from the entrance on either side are a line of marines. If the ALF comes out they'll basically be in a kill box.

Latorik wrote:(I mean idk)

(if brain uploads do exist they probably arent worth using on a in the grand scheme of things low level insurgent)

(albanians have mind jacking)

(so are the marines like clustered around the entrance?)

I was thinking more, if it was more commonplace then yeah it would be worth it, but if it was still very expensive to do then it wouldn't be.

Rothella wrote:No. Basically a distance away from the entrance on either side are a line of marines. If the ALF comes out they'll basically be in a kill box.

They not get hit by the shrapnel of the grenades?

So are their rooms farther down the hallway that the marines are in?

Rothella wrote:I was thinking more, if it was more commonplace then yeah it would be worth it, but if it was still very expensive to do then it wouldn't be.

mind uploads are not a thing since if they were we wouldnt need for anybody to be organic in the first place

unless they degrade faster than humans or something.

Latorik wrote:They not get hit by the shrapnel of the grenades?

So are their rooms farther down the hallway that the marines are in?mind uploads are not a thing since if they were we wouldnt need for anybody to be organic in the first place

unless they degrade faster than humans or something.

No they advanced after the MG nest was destroyed.

«12. . .903904905906907908909. . .1,1221,123»

Advertisement