by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Confederation of the Mediterranean Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .705706707708709710711. . .1,1091,110»

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:pennsylvania guys

no!

Rothella wrote:true. I would like to see Orna control mars and exert it's influence inside of the solar system

good luck with that

mars has heavy colonization

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:good luck with that

mars has heavy colonization

Honestly, if they do what they did to combat the UN, only on a planetary scale they probably would succeed. They can easily make largescale defenses in the matter of hours andare capable of rapid and heavy attacks. So all they have to do is just take and fortify mars to the point where it would be way too expensive to maintain an offensive war against the planet. Not to mention, if Latorik does this during the Aphus or Eliksni or even Antari incusion then maybe Earth would be too distracted to deal with it, and Orna would have even more time to fortify and defend.

Rothella wrote:Honestly, if they do what they did to combat the UN, only on a planetary scale they probably would succeed. They can easily make largescale defenses in the matter of hours andare capable of rapid and heavy attacks. So all they have to do is just take and fortify mars to the point where it would be way too expensive to maintain an offensive war against the planet. Not to mention, if Latorik does this during the Aphus or Eliksni or even Antari incusion then maybe Earth would be too distracted to deal with it, and Orna would have even more time to fortify and defend.

how are they even able to do that

theyre poorer than africa is in the 21st century

plus if latorik wages war, the un would come down on them hard

there are jovian and saturnian and even martian nations

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:how are they even able to do that

theyre poorer than africa is in the 21st century

plus if latorik wages war, the un would come down on them hard

there are jovian and saturnian and even martian nations

Derikan ships which "happen" to be there. Accidental dropping of Latorikan fauna. If the Eliksni war heats up, or if Aphus does moderate to severe damage to Earth, Latorik could probably be in the position to expand easily. Or if it's a slower approach, if the Eliksni damage earth heavily Latorikan workers could probably bring a large income revenue to Latorik, and propel it into an economic boom. If they continue wiht the better economy and more colonization (Because I doubt the UN would allow Rothella to hold fortifications on mars after the war, so they would dismantle them if they don't want to upkeep the massive amount of frotifications) Latorik could expand in the old fortification zones, a large fortified zone on each of the caps could make Latorik the greatest producer of cheap water on mars. (After all, the polar caps on mars could provide a lot of water, and make it cheaper as opposed to transporting water from earth to mars). With the economic boom it could threaten water dependant nations into annexation or become puppets. This is just off of the top of my head so it's probably not the best idea

Rothella wrote:Derikan ships which "happen" to be there. Accidental dropping of Latorikan fauna. If the Eliksni war heats up, or if Aphus does moderate to severe damage to Earth, Latorik could probably be in the position to expand easily. Or if it's a slower approach, if the Eliksni damage earth heavily Latorikan workers could probably bring a large income revenue to Latorik, and propel it into an economic boom. If they continue wiht the better economy and more colonization (Because I doubt the UN would allow Rothella to hold fortifications on mars after the war, so they would dismantle them if they don't want to upkeep the massive amount of frotifications) Latorik could expand in the old fortification zones, a large fortified zone on each of the caps could make Latorik the greatest producer of cheap water on mars. (After all, the polar caps on mars could provide a lot of water, and make it cheaper as opposed to transporting water from earth to mars). With the economic boom it could threaten water dependant nations into annexation or become puppets. This is just off of the top of my head so it's probably not the best idea

mars is terraformed, so it has water

im assuming futuristic water pumps are way more efficient

latorik hates the eliksni as much as everyone else

and no the un will keep its martian defenses

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:mars is terraformed, so it has water

im assuming futuristic water pumps are way more efficient

latorik hates the eliksni as much as everyone else

and no the un will keep its martian defenses

hm. ok.

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:how are they even able to do that

theyre poorer than africa is in the 21st century

plus if latorik wages war, the un would come down on them hard

there are jovian and saturnian and even martian nations

Latorik isn't poor by any means. By and by it's military and (underground) infrastructure are quite impressive for a nation of its size and for the most part their regular forces can go toe to toe against their 24th century equivalents.

They lack proper air power and heavier artillery which is the real killer.

They also have a keen advantage in more esoteric technological fields as well as possibly some of the most experienced military engineers in the world.

then you probably need to convey that in your overview

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:then you probably need to convey that in your overview

The overview needs work yes but I intended it as more of an introduction than a detailed rundown.

That comes later

Latorik wrote:The overview needs work yes but I intended it as more of an introduction than a detailed rundown.

That comes later

thats not what i meant

the introduction doesnt even remotely say that

as for the taking over mars thing i doubt it, they lack the doctrinal knowledge and logistical capability to achieve planetary domination

Some People on Planet Arcadia wrote:thats not what i meant

the introduction doesnt even remotely say that

are you referring to the destruction of orna factbook?

nicholas

i give you planet, yes?

and how are negotiations going with amazocorps

Derika wrote:nicholas

i give you planet, yes?

and how are negotiations going with amazocorps

Basically they asked if it was okay for them to set up headquarters a long a major FTL route through the colony systems, and would require a small bit of funding (smaller in comparison to the cost of maintaining the Derikan fleets there) to get the operation started up

Latorik wrote:are you referring to the destruction of orna factbook?

thats kinda the only one

Rothella wrote:Basically they asked if it was okay for them to set up headquarters a long a major FTL route through the colony systems, and would require a small bit of funding (smaller in comparison to the cost of maintaining the Derikan fleets there) to get the operation started up

"Of course. How much land do you require?"

bailiff? smack this mans nuts

Derika wrote:nicholas

i give you planet, yes?

and how are negotiations going with amazocorps

I think Latorik is stabilized enough that a long distance colony could potentially work

crab raiders? :DDDD

Latorik wrote:crab raiders? :DDDD

oh no

Latorik wrote:I think Latorik is stabilized enough that a long distance colony could potentially work

entire planet? :D

Derika wrote:entire planet? :D

I doubt they have the population to cover an entire planet to begin with

«12. . .705706707708709710711. . .1,1091,110»

Advertisement