It kind of p!sses me of how some Democrats use the victim or race card when they say something offensive.
Both sides are hypocritical... which should be no surprise given that they're politicians.
Nosautempopulus and Austriaa
| 1992 AD | 0052 YS | ON THE EDC | NORDEN | ᚾᛟᚱᛞᛖᚾ |
- | MINISTER OF STATE OLOF RASMUSSEN TO BECOME SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE EUROPEAN DEFENSE COMMUNITY |
- European Defense Community
- | Foreign Relations Expert, Former Ambassador to China, Former Head of the Ministry of State for Norden, and now the 1st Secretary General of the European Defense Community, Olof Rasmussen, has been involved in Nordic Politics for some time. Having been selected by the NORSOC (Nordic Social Democrats) to be the Minister of State, Olof Rasmussen has served the country fairly. He was a major proponent in the European Parliament when it came to Pro-Trade with The China of Liberalina, The PDR of Québec of Central Arstotzka and The Hamare Raj of Alzarikstan. He was frequently criticized by his peers for his relaxed approached towards dealing with the Communists and has also been criticized for his aggressive pro-cooperation stance when it came to relations with the Soviet Union and China. He was an early critic of Japanese (Ranponian) aggression in Asia and the Pacific, this is worthy of note because his cries for action against Japan were an inspiration for High Queen Silvia Sommerlath's statements on Japan and China in Southeast Asia. |
- | Olof Rasmussen, a native of Bergen, delivered his address to the world in Anslo (Oslo), Norway this morning about what he believes the next step of the European Defense Community is and his stance on European Nations that refuse to join the European Defense Community; |
- | OLOF RASMUSSEN, SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE EDC: | "The European Defense Community is the binding truth that Europe has been searching for for centuries. This project that several countries took upon themselves to create is years in the making. It took years of stagnation, years of frustration and finally years of questioning in order for such a thing to come into fruition. Finally, after constant bickering, war and resentment, the European Continent can rest at ease knowing that it is watching it's own back. We no longer have to be fearful of our own European brethren. We no longer have to be fearful of our own. We must be watchful of them. Adhere to them. Love them. As Secretary General of this beloved coalition I vow to safeguard it and love it with all of my ability. Under Europe's watchful eye each country will be better protected from potential threats. No matter where they may come from. [ . . . ] I have been working long and hard with many architects and artists about the issue of establishing a Headquarters for the European Defense Community. There will need to be a civilian headquarters for myself and other national representatives to be in and meet at in times of crisis or what have you. I have decided on 3 cities; Bologna (The Imperial Federation of Pontianus), Oporto (The Estado Popular de Portugal of Valijun), and Kiev (The China of Liberalina). We will vote on this later and hopefully come to a good consensus. [ . . . ] On the question of what to do about the nations that do not wish to join the European Defense Community and do not see it as the alliance of the future.... All I could possibly say to you and; why? By refusing the EDC and in turn refusing all of Europe; you doom yourself. You doom yourself. I wish people were wiser than to do such but they apparently are not. We seek to defend Europe from foreign threat. To call it treason is to continue to bow down to masters that care not for your own qualms. Call the EDC whatever you want. Treasonous, regionalist, graceful, glorious, it matters not. All that the EDC is is European. First and foremost."
I mean, on one hand: yes, people should know better.
On the other hand, can you really blame them for being ignorant?
Nosautempopulus and Austriaa
I disappear sometimes 😂😂 mostly because I’m either out doing something or sleeping.
In order to retain combat readiness the Pakistani high command has ordered general mobilization. And in coordination with the Omani Government the foreign expeditionary Force will be sent there to simulate a deployment to see how the men will respond. The navy has also been mobilized to practice coastal defense.
- 19 September 1992
France Stops NATO Withdrawal Process
MITTERRAND PRESS CONFERENCE
ÉLYSÉE PALACE, PARIS, FRENCH REPUBLIC
| Rumors had spread in the last few days of France withdrawing its NATO exit procedure - which had begun in December of last year when it joined, with other European nations, the EDC - but they were only confirmed on the morning of September 19. In the evening, a rather solemn press conference was held at the Elysée Palace. There was a sullen mood in the room, as the future of Europe hung in the balance. The ageing President, looking rather exhausted, arrived on the stage and sat in a chair in front of an array of microphones, with the intricate decoration of the Palace as well as the French flag behind him. |
- | President of the French Republic François Mitterrand: | "Dear friends, welcome...Let's begin. The first announcement I will make tonight is that France will indeed stop its withdrawal procedure from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. We started it last December in order to comply with the terms of the European Defence Community, which requested that its member countries not be part of other alliances. The procedure, which hasn't ended yet, is therefore finished, and the French Republic will remain in NATO.
This may come as a shock for you, but this decision has been carefully thought through. Our world is filled with instability, so perhaps it is not much of a surprise either. The alliances of yesterday are often forgotten for new ones that may not prove as strong. NATO has been our alliance ever since the end of World War Two and it has proven beneficial to us. The European Defence Community has let down French expectations. Our voice has found itself diminished and what we wished for has not arrived. Our sovereignty has found itself threatened. Our relations, with our allies and partners, have been hurt.
Today, it is in our best interest to remain in NATO, and, of course, to also remain out of its integrated military command for the exact same reasons we choose to no longer fully participate in the EDC.
Another main reason for it is that France is not alone in this. Long talks have been held between the core European and Atlantic allies.
And France cannot stay isolated from its allies. These are allies that we can trust, allies that we will always have by our side, and allies that share with us the same concerns of peace, security, and stability. France will never detach itself from those allies. In effect, we are now choosing to remain in NATO along with Germany and Italy.
As for the exceptional peace that we have created in Europe, let me assure you that it is in France's heart to maintain it.
The EDC has proven, if not a stable alliance worthy of our dedication, at least a good platform for exchange, discussion, and overall diplomatic détente.
To our partners in the East - the Soviet Union (Liberalina) and the Balkan Union (Not Xav), we assure you, that as always, France will remain open to dialogue and France is not an enemy.
We want to keep the peace.
We want to keep working for a peaceful Europe.
But peace can only come with sovereignty, and that is why France has chosen, with its allies of forever in Western Europe, to stay in the Atlantic Alliance.
I wish to extend a hand of friendship to the countries of the East for a peace summit, so that Europe, in the best interest of everyone, can remain free from war and division.
Indeed, I wish for the EDC to remain, but only as a less-integrated, de-centralized alliance that would only come into play should Europe be threatened by an outside party. This "lighter" alliance was among the first proposals discussed at the beginning of our talks, and I wish to bring it back today. It would indeed allow each of us to regain their legitimate sovereignty, while keeping a climate of peace on our dear continent.
Thank you for your time, you may now begin with your questions."
| The press conference had left many in shock. The President hadn't directly announced France's resignation from the EDC - just its wish to reform it. While Berlin and Rome never even announced that they would leave NATO in the first place, Paris had effectively backtracked from doing so. The reaction from the East was unknown, and it clouded many minds as the night set on the country. |
Soviet Socialist Republic of Cuba
The Confederate Prussian Empire
The helvetic kingdom
The Moon States
The Shining Purple Light
I'm apparently going to be a groomsman for my friend's wedding...
I haven't talked to him in 6 months...
And he's only 20...