by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Anarchy Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .404405406407

I enthusiastically consent

Yeah, I consent as well. And let's keep away from those nationalist jokes in future referenda please.

I also vote yes.

Hello embassy! Nice to meet you all.

We have an ethical dilemma, and only three days to resolve it.

To prevent the murder of innocent citizens by a mob, you sentenced an innocent man to a very lengthy jail term. It turns out that this man needs a heart transplant. So does an elderly, though active, woman. There is one heart available for transplant. Who does it go to?

Walking Dead wrote:Hello embassy! Nice to meet you all.

We have an ethical dilemma, and only three days to resolve it.

To prevent the murder of innocent citizens by a mob, you sentenced an innocent man to a very lengthy jail term. It turns out that this man needs a heart transplant. So does an elderly, though active, woman. There is one heart available for transplant. Who does it go to?

The young man. And then we abolish prisons

East Angria wrote:The young man. And then we abolish prisons

Lol! True to your region's philosophy!

East Angria wrote:The young man. And then we abolish prisons

Interesting that the permanence of prisons is taken for granted in this question.

I was deleted again but now I'm back.

Walking Dead wrote:Lol! True to your region's philosophy!

Was this a intentional sh*t on anarchism?

Deathfall wrote:Was this a intentional sh*t on anarchism?

*Looks at you with a confused expression*

Sorry, I've no idea what you're on about. Care to explain?

Hello. I am the new Foreign Secretary in Change. I look forward to building a strong relationship with your Region.

Commander Alpha wrote:Hello. I am the new Foreign Secretary in Change. I look forward to building a strong relationship with your Region.

I'm the Principal-Agent that mainly deals with foreign affairs. Hello.

Deathfall wrote:I'm the Principal-Agent that mainly deals with foreign affairs. Hello.

A pleasure to meet you.

We have a new regional administration formed in the last few days, so hopefully we will have a more formal Foreign Update for you soon.

In other news, we are sending a representative to the Conference of Anti-Fascist Regions that is taking place later this week and today, with some friendly regions, we stood up to a bully that was going around threatening small regions if they didn't agree to merge with his region. The bully in question has now abandoned his region in fear of people power and is hiding out in the South Pacific in disgrace. Hooray!

Out of interest, why are your Regional Officers called Principle-Agents? I'm not familiar with the concept in the context of anarchism.

Commander Alpha wrote:A pleasure to meet you.

We have a new regional administration formed in the last few days, so hopefully we will have a more formal Foreign Update for you soon.

In other news, we are sending a representative to the Conference of Anti-Fascist Regions that is taking place later this week and today, with some friendly regions, we stood up to a bully that was going around threatening small regions if they didn't agree to merge with his region. The bully in question has now abandoned his region in fear of people power and is hiding out in the South Pacific in disgrace. Hooray!

Out of interest, why are your Regional Officers called Principle-Agents? I'm not familiar with the concept in the context of anarchism.

We don't believe in Government, so we instead have people who have power based off of regional influence.

Commander Alpha wrote:Out of interest, why are your Regional Officers called Principle-Agents? I'm not familiar with the concept in the context of anarchism.

It's a bit of a joke: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal%E2%80%93agent_problem

As members of an attempted anarchist polity, we're all both principals (stakeholders in the good functioning of the system) and agents (officers with the power to affect the good functioning of the system). Anything truly important we consult each other on, while for minor stuff we have the liberty/power to act without a bureaucracy breathing down our necks. Being versed in the principles (theory) in play and personally committed to them, we don't worry too much about abuse of those powers.

TL;dr we really don't have a regional government as such, rather those of us who a) care and b) are well-versed in the game handle what needs handling. Hence the name of our region. :-)

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:It's a bit of a joke: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal%E2%80%93agent_problem

As members of an attempted anarchist polity, we're all both principals (stakeholders in the good functioning of the system) and agents (officers with the power to affect the good functioning of the system). Anything truly important we consult each other on, while for minor stuff we have the liberty/power to act without a bureaucracy breathing down our necks. Being versed in the principles (theory) in play and personally committed to them, we don't worry too much about abuse of those powers.

TL;dr we really don't have a regional government as such, rather those of us who a) care and b) are well-versed in the game handle what needs handling. Hence the name of our region. :-)

Yes, I'm aware you don't have a government. I was just wondering if there was a concept of Principle-Agent in real life anarchist movements or if such a 'title' was used to describe delegates from anarchist groups/co-operatives/communities/etc to confederations/etc. I've just never heard it being used in an anarchist context so was curious.

Commander Alpha wrote:Yes, I'm aware you don't have a government. I was just wondering if there was a concept of Principle-Agent in real life anarchist movements or if such a 'title' was used to describe delegates from anarchist groups/co-operatives/communities/etc to confederations/etc...

No, not to my knowledge.

Fluffy Anarchy wrote:Hello!

Hello, comrade! Welcome to the Vanguard!

Hello again. We have another ethical dilemma. I'm looking forward to hearing your views!

You work in the anti-fraud team of a large bank. You notice money being stolen from the account of a despicable extremist political group, and sent via a network of offshore companies to the account of your favourite charity. If you ignore the crime, and it gets spotted by someone else, at best you'll look incompetent, at worst you'll look complicit. You could lose your job. What do you do?

Walking Dead wrote:Hello again. We have another ethical dilemma. I'm looking forward to hearing your views!

You work in the anti-fraud team of a large bank. You notice money being stolen from the account of a despicable extremist political group, and sent via a network of offshore companies to the account of your favourite charity. If you ignore the crime, and it gets spotted by someone else, at best you'll look incompetent, at worst you'll look complicit. You could lose your job. What do you do?

If I work in the anti-fraud team of a large bank, my main focus is gonna be investigating and whistleblowing my own bosses and their friends, families, and business partners. Way more there than some guerrilla finance op.

Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/sZQFJhH

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:If I work in the anti-fraud team of a large bank, my main focus is gonna be investigating and whistleblowing my own bosses and their friends, families, and business partners. Way more there than some guerrilla finance op.

Lol! Definitely the best answer so far.

«12. . .404405406407

Advertisement