by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Abydos Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .276277278279280281282. . .291292»

I find it utterly embarrassing that Abydos, a region of over 100 nations can't even have a basic government going. When I write my history, because im sure noone else will bother, Ill simply have to say that "Qon failed to inspire people to start a political party, relaunch a functioning government, promoted an Oracle who doesnt peomote culture, and ruled at a time of serious decline, despite record-setting population statistics on the year." - now that is one crap legacy I have going thus far.

Abydos has been on life support since February, its July. In this time we have seen a major recruitment drive to find new ambitious, and hard working nations. It is safe to say it didnt work. Our legacy, at this point, for all of us isnt looking great. I tried to inspire, bit it is up to everyone to do a little more to lift this place up.

At this point, we have a choice:
• Abolish the Eye of Abydos, as we clearly cannot handle it.
• Have everyone step up a little and make it work.
• Declare a State of Emergency again, this time with more severe acts and decrees to continue on this region.

Alvthenia

Cathantle empire wrote:With your last thought I completely agree the Admins and the WA are incredibly bias. I have been banned from regions and warned just for saying I am a conservative and I think a wall would be useful.

Reading that has sucked the last hope I had for the WA not being bad.

The WA can be quite useless.

Declaration of A State of Emergency

§5.8. Emergency Powers

Any event in which a branch or branches of government are in a state of decapitation via mass vacancies with no viable route to fill them in the immediate future shall constitute a continuity of government emergency.
Until such time as the government is considered viable and functional, the Grand Luxarch shall have power to grant decrees to execute the laws of Abydos, to safeguard the region from threats within and without its boundaries, to keep and/or restore order and social cohesion, and to restore the region and its government to a state of functionality and viability.

•Given the State of failure of the Conclave to maintain a mimimum quota of three occupied seats;
•Given the failure and prolonged absence of the Oracles Guild to promote our culture and educate the citizenry;
•Given the failure of the Grand Luxarch and High Priest in filling vital guild leader positions;
•Given the citizens lack of a willingness to engage and construct viable political parties;
•Given the mass amounts of recruitment efforts resulting in a lack of most nations willing to participate in either citizenship or political offices;
•Given the lack of any new laws ratified, reasonable and healthy RMB activity, roleplay, engagement in foreign affairs, or other vital activity designed to promote a healthy region;

I, the 5th Grand Luxarch of Abydos, Qon do hereby declare and decree unto Abydos a State of Emergency.

July 19, 2019

Zyris and Alvthenia

Ban on Self-Appointments
Proposed Date: July 19, 2019
Ratification Date:
Dynastic Date: 2nd Dynasty, 2nd Era
Votes in Favor: Qon (By State of Emergency)
Votes Against: N/A
Signature: [The Name of the High Priest, if they approve]

1. WE SHALL ban the Grand Luxarch from appointing an alternate nation, or puppet that they own as Scribe, Guild Leader of any of the guilds, or other office. Impeachment proceedings by the Conclave shall result if charges are brought foreward.
2. WE SHALL ban the Grand Luxarch from appointing an alternate nation or puppet as Grand Luxarch. Any attempt to do so shall result in the immediate loss of position of Grand Luxarch with the puppet nation not recognized. Normal changing of power proceedures shall result as if it is a voluntary resignation without appointment.
3. WE SHALL NOTallow the High Priest to select an alternate nation or puppet nation that they occupy as Scribe or Guild Leader. Any High Priest violating this act shall be subject to impeachment proceedings by the Conclave.

....

High Priest Zartavaria, given the state of emergency, and the Conclaves inability to maintain a quota of three seats, have submitted this proposal, and declared it ratified. If we cant depend on the people to organize and ratify much needed laws, we will do it ourselves with our Emergency Powers. It awaits your signature if you approve. I'll have several more.

Dystopic Tombstone
July 19, 2019

Written to document the severe decline of Abydos, the failure of government, and the inactivity and apathy of its citizenry.

    Why have we let go of our legacy?
    Why have we abandoned the Abydos Supremacy?
    Why are our Axioms just an ancient accessory?
    Why have we halted our pride and heredity?

    We were proudly the region that all adored.
    We did not fall by spite or sword.
    We did not face a ravinous horde,
    Noone came and cut our cord.

    We banished our legacy to the garbage heap,
    We took our leave and went to sleep,
    We waited around like roaving sheep,
    Abydos wilted with noone to weep.

    We should be angry, Abydos for what we became,
    To throw away the home that gave us acclaim
    To abandon the glow of our ancient flame,
    Apathy only with no ounce of shame.

    Abydos is extinquished like the final ember.
    Our names will be forgot, noone to remember.
    We betrayed our ancestors, their fire we surrender.
    This is our death, the Abydos December.

    We sit here twitching like a dismembered nerve,
    With noone to stand and noone to serve.
    With nothing to save, no acts to preserve
    This is the legacy that we deserve.

    Get mad if you want but this is still,
    The ode to our forefathers dying will,
    The hopes of the past we couldnt fulfill,
    Their dreams now grinding in a forgotten mill.

    Our fate is lost, death by apathy
    Our legacy locked, we lost the key
    This is our fate, our prophecy.
    But the fate we face doesn't have to be.

    Sitting here saddened on the Luxarchs throne,
    Loathing in sadness, groaning alone.
    The guilt of us all, I want to attone,
    And postpone the beckoning of our dystopic tombstone.

The Fist of Qon
July 20, 2019

Dear Citizens,

If you are not mad as hell that Abydos isn't doing well, if you aren't saddened to see this great region slipping away, if you are not disappointed that our government can not function on its own, then I declare this day that you are the problem here. Not everybody, but a huge lot of you simply do not care, use this region as a parking lot for your nation, and have no emotion attached to this great region. People like that are the problem. We all have to care, take pride in, and want our home to succeed. We have to have some emotional attachment to this place we call Abydos. It is vital for a healthy region, and it is necessary. Apathy is the enemy of Abydos, and apathy will be routed out.

As Grand Luxarch, I have tried and tried to find a way to get people to care about this region. I have attempted numerous projects and ideas to get you involved. I have failed because I have failed at all conventional routes to this objective. Because I have not produced any volunteers to create parties, or nations to start up debates, or nations to fill basic government roles, or appointed Oracles who promote our culture and education, or even found a group of citizens who will welcome new people for longer than a week without having to be reminded... because if all this failure on my part, I have decided to change directions completely. Unlike many of you, I have chosen not to give up, not to resign myself to a fate of a region which doesn't seem to want to do anything at all. I chose to fight on with my fist raised.

The Fist of Qon
1. Removal of Delinquint Nations

The following changes will come into effect in the next couple of days. Known here and now as the Fist of Qon, these revolutionary changes will effect everyone from the oldest citizens to the newest nations. Actually, Ill give our new people some props here, some of you are engaged and wanting more, your only obstacle is knowing how. That is where the failure of the Oracles Guild comes in to play, who has done nothing to promote our culture and education in all this time except for one sentence encouraging everyone to read the Axioms. This disgrace and shame and failure from the Oracles Guild to do anything of relavence is an embarrassment and goes against the meritocratic undertones of this region. Requiemis, should resign himself immediately as High Oracle for his prolonged absences and inability to do the very basic job required of the office. Nobody in thay chair is better than what we have now. Law states that The Realm of Sehkmet should take his place and I encourage him to do so. The impeachment of Requiemis will happen in 24 hours time by decree under the Emergency Powers order ...to restore the region and its government to a state of functionality and viability.

In the case of Amenhotep who did not promote any WA votes, encourage any sort of discussion, except for the latest on Transgender Rights after I had already replaced him as Ankh Emperor, I encourage all WA nations here to put value in your endorsements and not to give them out freely. Force these people to earn them through their words and work. Put value in the Ankh Emperor position, and hold them accountable for your wishes and desires. Amenhotep is forgiven given his job description does not require these things. That description will change. It is up to the citizens and to Amenhotep if he can adapt to a new reality and reclaim his spot.

Denellin is a Scribe who is, like Requiemis, severely inactive. Hasnt spoken a word on the RMB, hasnt introduced himself or promoted the growth of the conclave, and hasnt proposed any new legislation. The apathy of that nation is a danger to this region. Like Requiemis, he has 24 hours to step down or face removal for inactivity. High Priest Zartavaria may select two others for Scribe if he sees them fit for the office.

On my end, as Appointed Scribe, Narration I am actually satisfied with. For being new, the nation shows a level of pride, and wants to do more. For a new citizen, this government has utterly failed him. We have failed to educate him, inspire debate in him and lead him to success. Because we were wrong in this case, Narration will be blessed with a second chance, and Ill invite him to help us rebuild.

It should be noted that nations mentioned here can easily earn their positions back. Caring for the fate of this region is a good first step, and not taking for granted appointments and offices given out is a nice second step.

2. Modifying the Eye of Abydos
Upon taking on this role, which I reluctantly took because I recognized there was a growing and cancerous apathy problem in Abydos, I focused on a results oriented policy. This government thrives with results. Every position has a job description, every nation holding office is expected to uphold that job description. A few Writs of Revisions are in order, expect these in the coming days:

Ankh Emperor: will be expanded upon, detailing exact expectations and requirements for office.

Ma'at Emperor: this position will be abolished.

Military Coup: this revision will change Ma'at Emperor to Chief General.

Scribes: will be granted permission to serve as guild leaders, but not Oracles, High Priest, or Grand Luxarch.

Grand Luxarch: State of Emergency Powers will be restricted and clarified significantly.

High Priest: will be given firing power over delinquint Scribes (in lieu of impeachment), in exchange, selections will be required to be of the party of the High Priest.

Political Parties: Abydos will have three "Default" political Parties, one conservative, one libertarian, and one liberal. Dual or multiple party membership will be banned.

Citizens: all new citizens from here on out will be required to join a default party or start one of their own, or their citizenship application will not be approved. Citizens not in a party will not be eligable to hold office.

3. Afterthought
I had sincerely hoped that after the last State of Emergency that Abydos would spike up in activity. Sadly, that did not happen. I was overjoyed initially, that I did not have to make any changes to our system before, that we had the ability to rise up as a government on our own. How mistaken I was. Ive spent the better part of two weeks carefully crafting these sets of revisions and planning a careful takeover, first by removing the enemy that is apathy and then by instituting the necessary changes to jolt this region back to life.

Thay day you dreaded is now here. Do and say what you must in the mean time. Leave if you must or stay and begin your planning of a glorious new future for Abydos. While you all are doing that, my fist will be raised for Abydos, hopefully yours will be too.

Grand Luxarch Qon

Qon wrote:Ban on Self-Appointments
Proposed Date: July 19, 2019
Ratification Date:
Dynastic Date: 2nd Dynasty, 2nd Era
Votes in Favor: Qon (By State of Emergency)
Votes Against: N/A
Signature: [The Name of the High Priest, if they approve]

1. WE SHALL ban the Grand Luxarch from appointing an alternate nation, or puppet that they own as Scribe, Guild Leader of any of the guilds, or other office. Impeachment proceedings by the Conclave shall result if charges are brought foreward.
2. WE SHALL ban the Grand Luxarch from appointing an alternate nation or puppet as Grand Luxarch. Any attempt to do so shall result in the immediate loss of position of Grand Luxarch with the puppet nation not recognized. Normal changing of power proceedures shall result as if it is a voluntary resignation without appointment.
3. WE SHALL NOTallow the High Priest to select an alternate nation or puppet nation that they occupy as Scribe or Guild Leader. Any High Priest violating this act shall be subject to impeachment proceedings by the Conclave.

....

High Priest Zartavaria, given the state of emergency, and the Conclaves inability to maintain a quota of three seats, have submitted this proposal, and declared it ratified. If we cant depend on the people to organize and ratify much needed laws, we will do it ourselves with our Emergency Powers. It awaits your signature if you approve. I'll have several more.

Excuse me, why is the signature of the High Priest required? Religion should not influence the government.

Weasopia wrote:Excuse me, why is the signature of the High Priest required? Religion should not influence the government.

To quote the Eye of Abydos:
§7.2. Priestly Duties

The High Priest shall be tasked with signing or vetoing any law ratified by the Conclave, act as tie breaker to the Conclave in any vote which ends in a tie, and reviewing and organizing all laws. The High Priest shall also address the citizens of Abydos periodically with the state of the region as well as provide an agenda for the future. The High Priest shall appoint two Selected Scribes to represent the will or party of the High Priest on the Conclave. The High Priest shall not be granted right to create additional offices, or use the position to issue or execute law.

§8.6. Ratification and Repeal Process

The Conclave shall treat all laws and all repeals equally with repeals being written up as if it were a law. Every proposal shall be discussed in the Conclave, and then put to vote. Voting shall last for 24 hours, or less if all scribes cast their votes before the time limit ends. From there, the High Priest shall be notified to visit the Conclave and sign or veto the law. No law is considered valid if it is not signed by the High Priest.

So, to answer your question, it is because the law says tje High Priest must sign all laws for them to be legal. Think of the High Priest as a president in that regard. Also, as a note, this is an ancient Egyptian inspired region, so of course religious terms are mixed in with politics. Many of the offices have religious connotations: Ankh and Ma'at Emperor, High Priest, Scribe, Conclave... all religious in name, all politically important.

Qon wrote:The Fist of Qon
July 20, 2019

Dear Citizens,

If you are not mad as hell that Abydos isn't doing well, if you aren't saddened to see this great region slipping away, if you are not disappointed that our government can not function on its own, then I declare this day that you are the problem here. Not everybody, but a huge lot of you simply do not care, use this region as a parking lot for your nation, and have no emotion attached to this great region. People like that are the problem. We all have to care, take pride in, and want our home to succeed. We have to have some emotional attachment to this place we call Abydos. It is vital for a healthy region, and it is necessary. Apathy is the enemy of Abydos, and apathy will be routed out.

As Grand Luxarch, I have tried and tried to find a way to get people to care about this region. I have attempted numerous projects and ideas to get you involved. I have failed because I have failed at all conventional routes to this objective. Because I have not produced any volunteers to create parties, or nations to start up debates, or nations to fill basic government roles, or appointed Oracles who promote our culture and education, or even found a group of citizens who will welcome new people for longer than a week without having to be reminded... because if all this failure on my part, I have decided to change directions completely. Unlike many of you, I have chosen not to give up, not to resign myself to a fate of a region which doesn't seem to want to do anything at all. I chose to fight on with my fist raised.

The Fist of Qon
1. Removal of Delinquint Nations

The following changes will come into effect in the next couple of days. Known here and now as the Fist of Qon, these revolutionary changes will effect everyone from the oldest citizens to the newest nations. Actually, Ill give our new people some props here, some of you are engaged and wanting more, your only obstacle is knowing how. That is where the failure of the Oracles Guild comes in to play, who has done nothing to promote our culture and education in all this time except for one sentence encouraging everyone to read the Axioms. This disgrace and shame and failure from the Oracles Guild to do anything of relavence is an embarrassment and goes against the meritocratic undertones of this region. Requiemis, should resign himself immediately as High Oracle for his prolonged absences and inability to do the very basic job required of the office. Nobody in thay chair is better than what we have now. Law states that The Realm of Sehkmet should take his place and I encourage him to do so. The impeachment of Requiemis will happen in 24 hours time by decree under the Emergency Powers order ...to restore the region and its government to a state of functionality and viability.

In the case of Amenhotep who did not promote any WA votes, encourage any sort of discussion, except for the latest on Transgender Rights after I had already replaced him as Ankh Emperor, I encourage all WA nations here to put value in your endorsements and not to give them out freely. Force these people to earn them through their words and work. Put value in the Ankh Emperor position, and hold them accountable for your wishes and desires. Amenhotep is forgiven given his job description does not require these things. That description will change. It is up to the citizens and to Amenhotep if he can adapt to a new reality and reclaim his spot.

Denellin is a Scribe who is, like Requiemis, severely inactive. Hasnt spoken a word on the RMB, hasnt introduced himself or promoted the growth of the conclave, and hasnt proposed any new legislation. The apathy of that nation is a danger to this region. Like Requiemis, he has 24 hours to step down or face removal for inactivity. High Priest Zartavaria may select two others for Scribe if he sees them fit for the office.

On my end, as Appointed Scribe, Narration I am actually satisfied with. For being new, the nation shows a level of pride, and wants to do more. For a new citizen, this government has utterly failed him. We have failed to educate him, inspire debate in him and lead him to success. Because we were wrong in this case, Narration will be blessed with a second chance, and Ill invite him to help us rebuild.

It should be noted that nations mentioned here can easily earn their positions back. Caring for the fate of this region is a good first step, and not taking for granted appointments and offices given out is a nice second step.

2. Modifying the Eye of Abydos
Upon taking on this role, which I reluctantly took because I recognized there was a growing and cancerous apathy problem in Abydos, I focused on a results oriented policy. This government thrives with results. Every position has a job description, every nation holding office is expected to uphold that job description. A few Writs of Revisions are in order, expect these in the coming days:

Ankh Emperor: will be expanded upon, detailing exact expectations and requirements for office.

Ma'at Emperor: this position will be abolished.

Military Coup: this revision will change Ma'at Emperor to Chief General.

Scribes: will be granted permission to serve as guild leaders, but not Oracles, High Priest, or Grand Luxarch.

Grand Luxarch: State of Emergency Powers will be restricted and clarified significantly.

High Priest: will be given firing power over delinquint Scribes (in lieu of impeachment), in exchange, selections will be required to be of the party of the High Priest.

Political Parties: Abydos will have three "Default" political Parties, one conservative, one libertarian, and one liberal. Dual or multiple party membership will be banned.

Citizens: all new citizens from here on out will be required to join a default party or start one of their own, or their citizenship application will not be approved. Citizens not in a party will not be eligable to hold office.

3. Afterthought
I had sincerely hoped that after the last State of Emergency that Abydos would spike up in activity. Sadly, that did not happen. I was overjoyed initially, that I did not have to make any changes to our system before, that we had the ability to rise up as a government on our own. How mistaken I was. Ive spent the better part of two weeks carefully crafting these sets of revisions and planning a careful takeover, first by removing the enemy that is apathy and then by instituting the necessary changes to jolt this region back to life.

Thay day you dreaded is now here. Do and say what you must in the mean time. Leave if you must or stay and begin your planning of a glorious new future for Abydos. While you all are doing that, my fist will be raised for Abydos, hopefully yours will be too.

Grand Luxarch Qon

Now, we're cooking with gas.

Qon wrote:Ban on Self-Appointments
Proposed Date: July 19, 2019
Ratification Date:
Dynastic Date: 2nd Dynasty, 2nd Era
Votes in Favor: Qon (By State of Emergency)
Votes Against: N/A
Signature: [The Name of the High Priest, if they approve]

1. WE SHALL ban the Grand Luxarch from appointing an alternate nation, or puppet that they own as Scribe, Guild Leader of any of the guilds, or other office. Impeachment proceedings by the Conclave shall result if charges are brought foreward.
2. WE SHALL ban the Grand Luxarch from appointing an alternate nation or puppet as Grand Luxarch. Any attempt to do so shall result in the immediate loss of position of Grand Luxarch with the puppet nation not recognized. Normal changing of power proceedures shall result as if it is a voluntary resignation without appointment.
3. WE SHALL NOTallow the High Priest to select an alternate nation or puppet nation that they occupy as Scribe or Guild Leader. Any High Priest violating this act shall be subject to impeachment proceedings by the Conclave.

....

High Priest Zartavaria, given the state of emergency, and the Conclaves inability to maintain a quota of three seats, have submitted this proposal, and declared it ratified. If we cant depend on the people to organize and ratify much needed laws, we will do it ourselves with our Emergency Powers. It awaits your signature if you approve. I'll have several more.

I grant my approval to this decree.

Qon wrote:The Fist of Qon
July 20, 2019
If you are not mad as hell that Abydos isn't doing well, if you aren't saddened to see this great region slipping away, if you are not disappointed that our government can not function on its own, then I declare this day that you are the problem here. Not everybody, but a huge lot of you simply do not care, use this region as a parking lot for your nation, and have no emotion attached to this great region. People like that are the problem. We all have to care, take pride in, and want our home to succeed. We have to have some emotional attachment to this place we call Abydos. It is vital for a healthy region, and it is necessary. Apathy is the enemy of Abydos, and apathy will be routed out.

As Grand Luxarch, I have tried and tried to find a way to get people to care about this region. I have attempted numerous projects and ideas to get you involved. I have failed because I have failed at all conventional routes to this objective. Because I have not produced any volunteers to create parties, or nations to start up debates, or nations to fill basic government roles, or appointed Oracles who promote our culture and education, or even found a group of citizens who will welcome new people for longer than a week without having to be reminded... because if all this failure on my part, I have decided to change directions completely. Unlike many of you, I have chosen not to give up, not to resign myself to a fate of a region which doesn't seem to want to do anything at all. I chose to fight on with my fist raised.

The Fist of Qon
1. Removal of Delinquint Nations

The following changes will come into effect in the next couple of days. Known here and now as the Fist of Qon, these revolutionary changes will effect everyone from the oldest citizens to the newest nations. Actually, Ill give our new people some props here, some of you are engaged and wanting more, your only obstacle is knowing how. That is where the failure of the Oracles Guild comes in to play, who has done nothing to promote our culture and education in all this time except for one sentence encouraging everyone to read the Axioms. This disgrace and shame and failure from the Oracles Guild to do anything of relavence is an embarrassment and goes against the meritocratic undertones of this region. Requiemis, should resign himself immediately as High Oracle for his prolonged absences and inability to do the very basic job required of the office. Nobody in thay chair is better than what we have now. Law states that The Realm of Sehkmet should take his place and I encourage him to do so. The impeachment of Requiemis will happen in 24 hours time by decree under the Emergency Powers order ...to restore the region and its government to a state of functionality and viability.

In the case of Amenhotep who did not promote any WA votes, encourage any sort of discussion, except for the latest on Transgender Rights after I had already replaced him as Ankh Emperor, I encourage all WA nations here to put value in your endorsements and not to give them out freely. Force these people to earn them through their words and work. Put value in the Ankh Emperor position, and hold them accountable for your wishes and desires. Amenhotep is forgiven given his job description does not require these things. That description will change. It is up to the citizens and to Amenhotep if he can adapt to a new reality and reclaim his spot.

Denellin is a Scribe who is, like Requiemis, severely inactive. Hasnt spoken a word on the RMB, hasnt introduced himself or promoted the growth of the conclave, and hasnt proposed any new legislation. The apathy of that nation is a danger to this region. Like Requiemis, he has 24 hours to step down or face removal for inactivity. High Priest Zartavaria may select two others for Scribe if he sees them fit for the office.

On my end, as Appointed Scribe, Narration I am actually satisfied with. For being new, the nation shows a level of pride, and wants to do more. For a new citizen, this government has utterly failed him. We have failed to educate him, inspire debate in him and lead him to success. Because we were wrong in this case, Narration will be blessed with a second chance, and Ill invite him to help us rebuild.

It should be noted that nations mentioned here can easily earn their positions back. Caring for the fate of this region is a good first step, and not taking for granted appointments and offices given out is a nice second step.

2. Modifying the Eye of Abydos
Upon taking on this role, which I reluctantly took because I recognized there was a growing and cancerous apathy problem in Abydos, I focused on a results oriented policy. This government thrives with results. Every position has a job description, every nation holding office is expected to uphold that job description. A few Writs of Revisions are in order, expect these in the coming days:

Ankh Emperor: will be expanded upon, detailing exact expectations and requirements for office.

Ma'at Emperor: this position will be abolished.

Military Coup: this revision will change Ma'at Emperor to Chief General.

Scribes: will be granted permission to serve as guild leaders, but not Oracles, High Priest, or Grand Luxarch.

Grand Luxarch: State of Emergency Powers will be restricted and clarified significantly.

High Priest: will be given firing power over delinquint Scribes (in lieu of impeachment), in exchange, selections will be required to be of the party of the High Priest.

Political Parties: Abydos will have three "Default" political Parties, one conservative, one libertarian, and one liberal. Dual or multiple party membership will be banned.

Citizens: all new citizens from here on out will be required to join a default party or start one of their own, or their citizenship application will not be approved. Citizens not in a party will not be eligable to hold office.

3. Afterthought
I had sincerely hoped that after the last State of Emergency that Abydos would spike up in activity. Sadly, that did not happen. I was overjoyed initially, that I did not have to make any changes to our system before, that we had the ability to rise up as a government on our own. How mistaken I was. Ive spent the better part of two weeks carefully crafting these sets of revisions and planning a careful takeover, first by removing the enemy that is apathy and then by instituting the necessary changes to jolt this region back to life.

Thay day you dreaded is now here. Do and say what you must in the mean time. Leave if you must or stay and begin your planning of a glorious new future for Abydos. While you all are doing that, my fist will be raised for Abydos, hopefully yours will be too.

Grand Luxarch Qon

The Liberal party you mentioned. That’s what Weasopia and I have been working on, so I presume that our* party will be the liberal one? Or am I not able to be part of it due to the changes?

Narration wrote:The Liberal party you mentioned. That’s what Weasopia and I have been working on, so I presume that our* party will be the liberal one? Or am I not able to be part of it due to the changes?

That is up to you. Either we can merge them, or we can keep them independent.

WRIT OF REVISION: Abolishment of the Ma'at Emperor

    Issue: W-004
    Date: July 20, 2019
    Founder: Zyris
    Grand Luxarch: Qon

Objective:

    Proposed as part of the historic Fist of Qon Revolution, this Writ of Revision accomplishes two main purposes for Abydos: abolishes the office of the Ma'at Emperor and expands the role of the Ankh Emperor. With the abolishment of the Ma'at Emperor, powers and mentions in the Eye of Abydos are transferred to the Chief General of the Defense Guild.

1. Writ of Revision: §4.2. Executive Branch

    The term Ma'at Emperor shall be struck and replaced with Chief General.

2. Writ of Revision: §5.1. Role of the Grand Luxarch

    The words the Ma'at Emperor , shall be struck from the section and not replaced with anything.

3. Writ of Revision: §5.3. Grand Luxarch Appointments

    The words Ma'at Emperor shall be struck and replaced with Chief General.

4. Writ of Revision: §5.6. Political Coup

    In Military Coup, the words Ma'at Emperor shall be struck and replaced with Chief General.

5. Writ of Revision: §6.1. Ma'at Emperor

    The Title and text of section 6.1 should be entirely struck out. The new title for the section shall read: Executive Relations. The text of 6.1 shall read: We shall task the Ankh Emperor with maintaining normal relations with tje executive branch of government, act as a liaison between all residents, citizens and the Grand Luxarch, and generally promote the harmoneous nature of the region and its Eye of Abydos. The Ankh Emperor shall also be required to welcome new nations as they arrive, encouraging their participation, and promoting active discussion on the Regional Message board, create discussions about current Workd Assembly proposals, create region-wide polls, and foster healthy debate.

Authorization:

    This Writ of Revision, agreed upon in full to the alteration (excluding basic coding, grammar,and spelling corrections when discovered) (§3.5.) and performed jointly by the Founder and currently seated Grand Luxarch (§3.3.), publicly posted and accessed by all residents and citizens (§3.4.), and incorporated into the text of the Eye of Abydos in such a way as to leave the original text intact, and provide necessary addenda to the text to provide the reasoning, dating, and signatures of the revision,

    Does hereby make these changes to the preceeding cited text within the Eye of Abydos.

Signatures:

Fist of Qon Revolution Update

Behold! Dear Citizens,

Not since the Zartavarian Meritocratic Reformation of May 2019 which transformed the Oracles Guild and other areas of our government into a merit based system, has there been such an awesome transformation of the Eye of Abydos to benefit you, the citizens. The Fist of Qon Revolution marches ever foreward, now having complete three of our 8 objectives with one simple stroke of the pen.

There is no more Ma'at Emperor, scribbled out of history and replaced with nothing. The dissolution of power granted to that position now filters its way to the Ankh Emperor and Chief General, making both more powerful and more accountable. I will accept your applause at any time now.

Your Grand Luxarch is saving you from the plague known as apathy. This enemy of ours is now on the run with a punch to the face by the very fist I raise high in the Air. But as we march foreward know that this battle is far from over. There is work yet to be done in this revolution of ours. In three hours from now, the whole of the Oracles Guild will be swept of the stagnant cobwebs your Oracles have allowed to accumulate there. Our enemy, apathy, has been using the Oracles Guild as a den to spawn and reproduce. Fear not, dear Citizens, their neglect is your opportunity. When this State of Emergency ends, and the revolution is complete, those worthy of such an important and high title will be appointed into the Oracles Guild to lead this region into the future and provide the best example of how to lead and promote our culture... an example that was robbed from many of you.

The Fist of Qon Revolution continues. As I march, my Fist is held high. Is yours?

Zyris and Alvthenia

Removal of Delinquent Nations

Sadly, we have three nations in very important office who have had prolonged absences, neglectful terms, or extreme apathy toward our region. I believe it is better to have a vacancy in office than a nation who does not care, or does not have the spirit to uphold the office and fulfill its duties.

High Oracle Requiemis, Oracle The Realm of Sehkmet, and Selected Scribe Denellin are three nations who have been absent for ten days or longer, who have done little or nothing to carry out the law of the land and fulfill their sacred duties, and who have, through their neglect, let the guild and the conclave collapse onto itself in a heap of rubble. This chain of abuse ends here and now.

With these words, these three officers are dismissed from duty. They may retain their citizenship, they may seek office in the future. It is asked that each nation here seriously consider the offices in which they hold and take pride in them. It is also asked that those with the powers to select or appoint truly consider who it is you appoint and select only the meritous and best.

Sadly, at this moment, The Abydos Government is all but non existant. Out of 110 nations, just three nations hold office. These three now have the monumental task of rebuilding this region and seeing to it that tje glory that is Abydos, the hopes of our ancestors are fulfilled now and in the future.

The Fist of Con continues. Our Revolution continues. Stand by for another Writ of Revision tomorrow.

Citizens, you need to be considering your plan to rise to power now. You need to be thinking about where you are, and where you hope to be. This Revolution will be swift, and when it is over, the games shall begin. Your duty is to this ancient region, which is was first founded in 2003. Do not let your ancestors down. Service to Society is the highest honor.

Qon

Hey guys totally forgot to apply for citizenship. My apologies.
1. The Republic of Nikko
2. 21 July 2019
3. Yes, my nation is in the WA
4. I've played NationStates for a couple a years (mostly dealt with the issues only)
5. Haven't really participated in any region
6. Kinda interested in roleplay
7. I don't operate any other nations
8. I agree to abide all laws in Abydos
9. My answers are honest

Nikko wrote:Hey guys totally forgot to apply for citizenship. My apologies.
1. The Republic of Nikko
2. 21 July 2019
3. Yes, my nation is in the WA
4. I've played NationStates for a couple a years (mostly dealt with the issues only)
5. Haven't really participated in any region
6. Kinda interested in roleplay
7. I don't operate any other nations
8. I agree to abide all laws in Abydos
9. My answers are honest

Approved, welcome.

Let me begin by saying, pardon the dust, reconstructive efforts are underway. Let me also say that today we had two nations run away, rathwr than help to rebuild Abydos. I am pleased to see your initiative here today.

Uhhhh, what’s going on?

I leave for a few weeks and everything falls apart??

Alvthenia

Wait, I just got on and I don’t know what was happening I have heard that this region is not doing well and that concerns me.

Illuminatiea wrote:I leave for a few weeks and everything falls apart??

This region has been dead since February. Tje conclave has been defunct for months, so no this isnt anything new. What is new is our most recent choice to do something about it.

Alvthenia wrote:Wait, I just got on and I don’t know what was happening I have heard that this region is not doing well and that concerns me.

That is great. It is concerning and I am happy you care enough. The past neglect is now a great opportunity, because we now have the ability to reshape the future and set a new tone. Exciting times.

Narration and Zartavaria,

As each of you operate your political parties independently, what I need to know, before we begin is do you want those parties to transfer over to the three state default parties, or will you keep them independent? Zart, I know we discussed this previouy, but as you jave slept on it, I just want to make sure before I set some things up.

Qon wrote:Narration and Zartavaria,

As each of you operate your political parties independently, what I need to know, before we begin is do you want those parties to transfer over to the three state default parties, or will you keep them independent? Zart, I know we discussed this previouy, but as you jave slept on it, I just want to make sure before I set some things up.

It will be apart of the default assuming there is a centrist category. Our party claims to be neither left or right.

Hi.
I'm new to nationstates so please excuse me if I don't look like I know what I'm doing. I was having a browse through the regions and I've decided to make my home here, I hope that's alright...

I see that I need to join the world assembly to become a citizen. Can I just ask what the purpose of the assembly is in the citizenship process?.

I have no quarrel with applying to join I would just like to know more about the institution.

Thanks,
Zosar

«12. . .276277278279280281282. . .291292»

Advertisement