WA Delegate (non-executive): The Forbidden Planet of Burninati0n (elected )
Last WA Update:
Embassies: Antifa, The Red Fleet, NSLeft, Communist International, Democratic Socialist Assembly, The Federation of Anarchist Communes, The Leftist Assembly, The MT Army, North Korea, Hippy Haven, USSR, The Communist Party of NationStates, The Red Guards, Anarchy, and Wintercrest.
Tags: Offsite Forums, Serious, Democratic, Feminist, Anti-Fascist, Anti-Capitalist, Independent, Non-English, LGBT, Anarchist, Socialist, Casual, and 5 others.Offsite Chat, Communist, Regional Government, Gargantuan, and Eco-Friendly.
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Smartest Citizens in The Internationale
The World Census eavesdropped on conversations in coffee shops, on campuses, and around cinemas in order to determine which nations have the most quick-witted, insightful, and knowledgeable citizens.
As a region, The Internationale is ranked 1,669th in the world for Smartest Citizens.
|21.||The Socialist Federal Republic of Laand||Left-Leaning College State||“All Power to the Imagination!”|
|22.||The People's Republic of Ayanka||Iron Fist Socialists||“A bright red star at the edge of the world”|
|23.||The Socialist Republic of Ipatia||Democratic Socialists||“Break alienation and build socialism!”|
|24.||The People's Republic of RedState||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“By The People For The People”|
|25.||The Free Land of Burgosiana||Left-wing Utopia||“Live Free or Die Trying”|
|26.||The People's Union of Syralth||Left-wing Utopia||“Freedom, Equality, Humanity”|
|27.||The People's Republic of Mazdakistan||Left-wing Utopia||“Az Inja, Beh Endit!”|
|28.||The United Socialist States of Chelovechestvo||Left-wing Utopia||“The Will of the People”|
|29.||The Democratic Socialist States of Rhyveth||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“We do what we must because we can”|
|30.||The Community of Komuny||New York Times Democracy||“Honesty and Community”|
Recent polls: “Most under-read or under-appreciated German leftist theorist or activist?” • “Favorite revolutionary? ”
- : The Collectivist Confederation of Rose Peak arrived from Cladonia.
- : Montekegolia ceased to exist.
- : Skiavania ceased to exist.
- : The Armed Republic of The Kingdom of God is Within You arrived from The Pacific.
- : The Community of United Anarchists arrived from The West Pacific.
- : The Free Land of Falloch arrived from The Communist Bloc.
- : Kazanic union ceased to exist.
- : The Republic of The Republic of Gothia arrived from The Black Hawks.
- : The Republic of ExpandetoryTurkia arrived from The South Pacific.
- : The People's Slayarr State of Mannslayarr arrived from North Korea.
The Internationale Regional Message Board
What about Theodore Roosevelt who was also a progressive like his cousin? He nearly succeded in breaking the endless circle of democrats and republicans being the only two major parties, by creating the progressive party, one of the rare occasions where a third party was very successful. He also founded parks
How is this as socialism (found it on Quora):
Examples of socialism?
Well, there are no current socialist/communist examples today, and there have never been throughout history.
I could describe a future example of a socialist society:
The year is 2200 and the final societal transition from capitalism to socialism is now in recent memory. The people of the world have realized their potential and through the internet and other ways, have spread this idea throughout the species.
Geographical locations, like Africa, were industrialized with great speed and living standards for all 11 billion humans skyrocketed as resource was distributed based on need, not greed.
As soon as the peaceful revolution occurred, and resource and information was distributed with sense, a new chapter in human history began.
The society was stateless, classless, moneyless, and wageless. There were no countries, no borders, no ideologies, no religions, and no oppression.
Automation was fully embraced and Artificial Intelligence went rampant and cut work by 99%. Very very few were employed, and the only work left was democratic organization, led by all.
Democratic meetings were held often all around the world, were issues were dicided by all, regardless of skin color, gender, opinions, or even age.
The drive for money and wealth and power was gone as everyone was educated and had their needs satisfied.
Space programs were “funded” and Mars was soon colonized, along with Venus, Jupiter’s moon, Titan, and the moon. Space ships capable of almost light speeds were developed and sent off into the stars in other galaxies.
If to do what you love is no considered work, no one workered.
With no pressure to get money, the population became extremely free. The arts exploded, as millions of new musicians, painters, and writers started composing and coming up all around the world.
Complex philosophy and detailed history began to become common knowledge.
There were no schools, just voluntary education centers where children and adults could enroll to be taught by AI or voluntary human teachers. Content taught was always objective, and regulated democratically by everyone.
New technology was advancing at an enornous rate, with geniuses becoming famous and respected instead of rich and powerful.
People composed art and studied science, not for money and to satisfy greed, but to contribute to the species, for recognition, for fame.
Brilliant scientists, artists, and philosophers were celebrated and beloved.
The environment was taken care of, with complete transitionings to renewable energy.
Animals were recognized as fellow Earthings and biological cousins and were celebrated and were given mercy from mass murder.
Books were written about the 21st century, about the beginnings of 23rd century modern technology.
About the 20th century, with the two bloodiest wars in history, and of the fake socialist/communist societies that contributed to the delay of the socialist transition.
About the 19th, and how the beginnings of capitalism started and the most influential philosopher of all time was born- Karl Marx.
All of history, told objectively.
People lived in an egalitarian society finally and everyone was happy.
1000 years later, humanity met another civilzation and joined the Federation of The Milky Way Galaxy. After 100 years of peace, another species, insect like, declared war on The Humans, and captured their capital Earth.
I’d like to expand that last part, but I kinda want to write a book now. (Dont steal my idea!!)
Haha anyways, the answer started off serious, then not so much, especially at the ending there. It’s only a prediction. Only an example of socialism. I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.
Yes, communism has never been achieved, but there have been many socialist states, and although many have been flawed we cannot ignore their successes. I will list a few and their acheivements below:
• Managed to get literacy rate from around 17% to over 80% in under 30 years (and almost 100% by 1991).
• Pretty much continuous economic growth from the end of the civil war until the 1980s (excluding WW2)
• Eradicated several deadly diseases with nationwide vaccination programmes, as early as the 1920s.
• Collectivisation policy ended regular famines in the country and modernised farming.
• Decriminalised homosexuality in 1917 (although stalin decriminalised it)
• Went from a backwards peasant nation to sending the first sattelite, animal and man into space in 50 years.
• One of the only countries in the Middle East to declare women equal to men.
• Free and compulsory education for all citizens, male and female. If you could not find education in Libya, the government would pay you to go abroad to find it.
• Free healthcare for all citizens.
• Supported socialist struggles across the globe, notably Mandela and the PLO (and I think the IRA as well).
• GDP per capita rose to around $11,000, 5th highest in Africa.
• Began (but did not complete) a project to bring water to most of sub-Saharan Africa.
• One of the most advanced healthcare systems in the world, despite being under a 60 year embargo.
• Bastion of anti imperialism, also supported Mandela and sent troops to Africa to fight against colonialist regimes. Also notoriously defeated a US backed invasion.
• No tax
• Legal marijuana
Just wanted to say, you'd need FTL travel to go to other galaxies, otherwise it would take millions or even billions of years. ;)
This is what nearly everyone wishes to live. The humans must put the benefit of them as a mean of helping the other. SAY NO TO GREED !
Of course the trick is what constitutes FTL travel? Warp speed and Wormholes typically don't use speeds that exceed Light.
Greetings to all comrades!
I would also like to let you know that I am not new to this region, my former nation was called Red collective, before I lost interest in the game and CTE'd after Christmas 2016. I doubt any of you'll remember though.
Since then I've gone through some personal evolution and new experiences, which took me on a different road. However, being a former Socialist, I know the world of the Socialist and have nothing but respect for my Socialist/Communist brothers.
For the revolution!
Yes I was thinking of warp speed or wormholes, it's just that they're typically referred to as FTL travel, even though they don't technically "travel" faster than light. :)