by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Pony Lands RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Pony Principality of Princess Luna (elected )

Founder: The Pony Principality of Magical Equestria

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most Nations: 99th Most World Assembly Endorsements: 394th Largest Black Market: 850th+4
Most Influential: 1,112th Most Cultured: 1,151st Most Rebellious Youth: 1,358th Greatest Rich-Poor Divides: 1,652nd
World Factbook Entry

We've got ponies, therefore your argument is invalid.

Welcome to NationStates' original My Little Pony-themed region. Anyone wishing to RP a nation based on any part of the MLP franchise is welcome to set up shop here.

Our Regional Maps: LinkPony Lands LinkNorthern Pony Lands

PONY-THEMED NS FORUM THREADS

Pony Lands Map Discussion
CoPS RP Group (Updated 9/5/2015)
The Shift: An Update on the State of Holy Marsh (Reactions)
Glory to the God Princess: The Celestial War (Closed)
The Celestial Negotiations (Pony Lands: See OOC)
The Celestial Negotiations OOC Thread
A Hearth's Warming Party in the Summer(OOC|OPEN) (NEW!)


Embassies: Angels of Derp, Crystal Empire, The Discord Dominion, My Little Pony Equestria, The Empire of Friendship, The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples, New Lunar Republic, Tareldanore, Trojans, Mystria, Avalanchia, Vissella, Unified Skaian Syndicate of Rulers, Eladen, Sacrum Romanum Imperium, Farkistan, and 28 others.The Mictlan System, Strategos Prime, League of Christian Nations, Armagedox, Freedom and Justice Alliance, Yerushalem VI, One big Island, Ivory Tower, The Illuminati, Eientei, Kotturheim, Valhalla, Warhammer 40000, Winterfell, Avadam Inn, Neo Otaku Utopia, United Nations of Xenuooo, Borealias, The Galactic Federacy, The Dirt Alliance, Arconian Empire, Plounge Commonwealth, Krillin, Sagittarius Arm, The Bar on the corner of every region, League of Autocrats, East of West, and Equestria.

The embassy with Plounge Commonwealth is being withdrawn. Closure expected .

Tags: Featured, Fantasy Tech, Monarchist, Serious, Enormous, Silly, Multi-Species, and Magical.

Regional Power: High

Pony Lands contains 124 nations, the 99th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Rudest Citizens in Pony Lands

World Census experts telephoned citizens from all nations at just before dinner time, in a study to determine which populations were most brash, rude, or brusque.

As a region, Pony Lands is ranked 9,511th in the world for Rudest Citizens.

NationWA CategoryMotto
71.The Theocracy of VolxohrLiberal Democratic Socialists“As fearless in death, as we are in life.”
72.The Colony of Equine IslandInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Going Boldly Where Nopony Has Gone Before”
73.The All-Inclusive Test Answer of All of the AboveMoralistic Democracy“The Easiest Option”
74.The Territory of Buffalo LandLeft-Leaning College State“Stand Your Ground”
75.The Pegasus Pony of CloudchaserDemocratic Socialists“Cloudchaser is Best Pony”
76.The Megaplex Arcologies of Maxim Heavy IndustriesFather Knows Best State“Bringing you tomorrow's heavy weapons, today!”
77.The Storm Kingdom of Cardinal TetrasInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Blub”
78.The United States of MoonbuttCorporate Police State“No one shall be banished to the moon”
79.The Empire of Greater Korea and East SiberiaLeft-Leaning College State“Korea and Siberia forever!”
80.The Upper-Class Unicorn Pony of Fleur de LisInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Fancy Pony Time”
«12. . .5678910111213»

Regional Happenings

More...

Pony Lands Regional Message Board

I stopped watching around mid-S5, although that was because I missed so many episodes of the previous seasons and wanted to watch them before I continued. Which I still haven't done.

I just realized a good chunk of my economy pie chart is part of the private industry. I didn't even know Meridia had a private industry. Goes to show how little attention I'm showing to even my most attended nation.

The Holy Blue Skies of Ponyi Meridia wrote:I just realized a good chunk of my economy pie chart is part of the private industry. I didn't even know Meridia had a private industry. Goes to show how little attention I'm showing to even my most attended nation.

AND the same goes for Squeeheart. Great.

Wish something interesting would happen around here.

The Principality of Trotterdam wrote:Well, legalizing public nudity, for one :)
Compulsory vegetarianism, too (though that's partially because NationStates doesn't have a button for "my people are herbivores and very few would want to eat meat even if it were legal").
Of course, I'm a benevolent dictatorship, following Celestia's example. Democracy is an ancient relic of Puddinghead's time, long discredited.
I also banned cars on the basis that ponies are fast on their own to not need them as much, and that they'd be a danger to ponies socializing in the streets. Though I emphasize that I am not otherwise anti-technology, quite the contrary, ponies love mastering their surroundings (they've even industrialized the weather!).
There are other examples of pony mentality influencing decisions that would still have been pretty ordinary, but less clearcut, for a human nation.
Privacy concerns over flying drones also became rather straightforward when I remembered that my nation has had pegasi since time immemorial, so really this is nothing new.
I've generally been more supportive of sports than I would have on a human nation (ponies love racing!). Culture too (ponies also love prettiness and singing!), though I do care more about that in real life than sports (but probably still wouldn't have the government subsidizing it).
I'm sure there are other examples, but these are the ones I can remember right now.


Yeah, exactly the sort of thing I was talking about.

I found that in general, my government size tends to be larger, and more is spent on making sure every individual is safe and cared for. Also, while I keep corruption incredibly low, I also tend to "trust" the government with more responsibilities that I don't know I would in real life.

The Federation of Eqqus wrote:Yeah, exactly the sort of thing I was talking about.
I found that in general, my government size tends to be larger, and more is spent on making sure every individual is safe and cared for. Also, while I keep corruption incredibly low, I also tend to "trust" the government with more responsibilities that I don't know I would in real life.

I remember when I did more with Squeeheart: My government was SO innocent that options which would normally lead to blatant corruption and foreign instability actually ended up benefiting ponies on a large scale and according to NS stats the Monarchy was completely in the right. We could start any war, and we'd always be deemed the good guys no matter how bleak the image really was.

Eqqus

All right, so I just got a new issue in the Security Council of the World Assembly to "Condemn Canterlot" for raiding others.

While the proposal itself seems sound, and the very limited information I could gather in research seemed to conclude that they were in the wrong (despite their pony name), I noticed that all the people who had currently voted that came from here was against the proposal.

Is there something I'm missing? Or did you two (currently) just forgive them from what they did purely because of the MLP-related name?

I really want to know if I'm missing something. Is there another side to this that I'm just not getting?

The Federation of Eqqus wrote:All right, so I just got a new issue in the Security Council of the World Assembly to "Condemn Canterlot" for raiding others.
While the proposal itself seems sound, and the very limited information I could gather in research seemed to conclude that they were in the wrong (despite their pony name), I noticed that all the people who had currently voted that came from here was against the proposal.
Is there something I'm missing? Or did you two (currently) just forgive them from what they did purely because of the MLP-related name?
I really want to know if I'm missing something. Is there another side to this that I'm just not getting?

It's a silly proposal. No draft, very short in wording and uses silly phrases to back up their even sillier arguments. It's little more than some senseless hatred towards a tiny raider region. Besides, if the condemning happens to pass, then the WA is technically acknowledging a very tiny region wreaking very minuscule havoc. The WA's time with commend/condemns could be better spent elsewhere.

The Holy Blue Skies of Ponyi Meridia wrote:It's a silly proposal. No draft, very short in wording and uses silly phrases to back up their even sillier arguments. It's little more than some senseless hatred towards a tiny raider region. Besides, if the condemning happens to pass, then the WA is technically acknowledging a very tiny region wreaking very minuscule havoc. The WA's time with commend/condemns could be better spent elsewhere.


Ah, I get it.

Probably just an example of Brony hate, not actual raiding.

Based on the use of the word "kawaii" in Canterlot's regional factbook, I rather suspect that it's related to Vandoosa, who is well-known for hiding atrocities behind a facade of pretend-cuteness.

The player's main nation was deleted back during the kerfluffle over DEN, but with so many puppets it's not like it makes a difference.

The Holy Blue Skies of Ponyi Meridia wrote:I think I stopped watching around the end of Season 4. I certainly need to get back into watching MLP, if only to give proper judgement on recent episodes. At the moment I'm just seeing stuff on the sidelines and from what I can tell nobody likes Starlight Glimmer or Trixie.


I'm still watching and I'm a huge Trixie and Starlight fan - the Mane 6 have had so many episodes devoted to them at this point that it's getting to the point that there's a limited amount that they can learn. Also the most recent episode had Maud Pie in it and her straight-laced demeanour is super funny :D

Forum View