Topic: "Adding elections to the Grecian League to allow Grecian nations to have more say in how the region is governed"
The General Assembly,
Noting that the current Grecian League charter does not contain re-elections for the heads of the Offices of Regional Defence and Office of Economics,
Worried that the absence of re-elections restricts the ability for the nations of Grecia to have a proper say in how their region is governed,
Stressed that the Charter also lacks any kind of mechanism to require the heads of the offices to appoint other nations to the same office thus rendering themselves immune to impeachment and prevents them from performing their duties as an office head.
1. Proposes that Article XVI and Article XXIII of the Grecian League be amended to include elections and:
- a. Snap elections for both offices shall be held immediately upon passage of this resolution starting with the Office of Regional Defence with the Office of Economics following afterwards and:
- i. These snap elections shall last for a period of seven days,
b. Formal elections will be held every six months starting on the first day of January and July respectively starting with the Office of Regional Defence with the Office of Economics following and:
- i. These elections will each last for seven days,
c. Both offices will be required to appoint two other nations to their offices and:
- i. Failure to appoint two other nations to the offices after a period of thirty days after election will see the head of the office removed from office and a new snap election held.