ACKNOWLEDGING our historical friendship, founded on a shared identity as Independent Game-Created Regions, and demonstrated through continued cooperation and steadfast loyalty,
WISHING to restore this partnership in a modern age, and to once again foster close collaboration among our governments, in the pursuit of shared objectives and the mutual advancement of our welfare,
THEREFORE, agree to recognise and adhere to the Treaty and all of the commitments set forth therein:
Section I - Mutual recognition
1. The signatories recognize the constitutional governments in force at the time of ratification of this treaty, and any legally enacted successor governments, as the sole, legitimate, and sovereign governments of their respective NationStates regions.
2. The signatories will maintain in-game embassies (i.e., on the NationStates site) and off-site embassies (i.e., on their respective regional forums) with one another.
Section II - Mutual Defense
1. The signatories will not engage in any military hostilities against one another. Participation by the signatories on opposite sides of a military engagement that does not constitute an attack on either signatory's home region is not considered "military hostilities against one another" for the purposes of this clause.
2. The signatories will not attempt to overthrow one another.
3. The signatories will provide one another military assistance in case of a military attack, either internal or external, targeting the other signatory's home region, to the best of their ability, and at the request of the other signatory.
4. The signatories will provide one another military assistance for delegacy transitions, at the request of the other signatory.
Section III - Intelligence Sharing
1. The signatories will provide to their counterpart's Delegate any intelligence related to the other signatory's in-game or off-site security, unless the signatory in possession of such intelligence reasonably believes that doing so would violate applicable laws, or violate the terms of service for NationStates or said signatory's forum provider, or unduly compromise said signatory's sources of information. If this intelligence relates to actions of the other signatory's Delegate, then it will be provided to the Security Council for The North Pacific, or the Vice Delegate for Balder.
2. The signatories will keep confidential all intelligence provided to them under this Section, unless the other signatory consents to the release.
3. The signatories will not in any way, direct or indirect, initiate or participate in espionage, subterfuge, or other clandestine operations against one another. For the purposes of this clause, a "clandestine operation" is one or more persons acting under false pretenses in one signatory's home region or regional forum, without that signatory's knowledge, and at the direction of the other signatory.
Section IV - General Provisions and Dissolution
1. This treaty will come into effect upon its ratification by the duly authorized individuals or bodies of both the signatories.
2. Upon ratification, this treaty will be the sole treaty between the signatories, superseding any prior written documents describing a relationship between the signatories.
3. Either signatory will endeavor to give a week's notice in the aforementioned embassies before withdrawing from this treaty.
4. The signatories will make all reasonable efforts to seek a diplomatic solution before withdrawing from this treaty.
This dispatch is updated automatically on a daily basis. Please do not edit manually.