WHEREAS the signatories wish to develop closer ties with one another through continued communication and cooperation, as well as the commitments set forth herein;
THEREFORE, the signatories agree as follows:
Section I - Mutual recognition
1. The signatories recognize one another as the sole, legitimate, and sovereign governments of their respective NationStates regions.
2. Both signatories recognize each other as independent sovereign entities.
Section II - Diplomatic relations
1. The signatories agree to ensure continuing diplomatic relations with each other.
2. The signatories shall maintain in-game embassies (i.e., on the NationStates site) and off-site embassies (i.e., on their regional forums) with one another.
Section III - Mutual Defense
1. The signatories agree not to engage in any military hostilities against one another. Participation by the signatories on opposite sides of a military engagement that does not constitute an attack on either signatory's home region shall not be considered "military hostilities against one another" for this purpose.
2. The signatories will not attempt to overthrow one another.
3. The signatories shall provide one another defensive military assistance in case of a military attack, either internal or external, targeting the other signatory's home region, to the best of their ability.
Section IV - Intelligence sharing
1. The signatories shall provide to their counterpart's Delegate any intelligence related to the other signatory's in-game or off-site security, unless the signatory in possession of such intelligence reasonably believes that doing so would violate applicable laws, or violate the terms of service for NationStates or said signatory's forum provider, or unduly compromise said signatory's sources of information. If this intelligence relates to actions of the other signatory's Delegate, then it will be provided to the Security Council for The North Pacific, or to the Viziers for The East Pacific.
2. The signatories will keep confidential all intelligence provided to them under this Section, unless the other signatory consents to the release.
3. The signatories will not in any way, direct or indirect, initiate or participate in espionage, subterfuge, or other clandestine operations against one another. For this purpose, a "clandestine operation" is one or more persons acting under false pretenses in one signatory's home region or regional forum, without that signatory's knowledge, and at the direction of the other signatory.
Section V - General provisions and dissolution
1. This treaty shall come into effect upon its ratification by the duly authorized individuals or bodies of both the signatories.
2. Upon ratification, this treaty shall be the sole treaty between the signatories, superseding any prior written documents describing a relationship between the signatories.
3. Either signatory shall endeavor to give a week's notice in the aforementioned embassies before withdrawing from this treaty.
4. Both signatories agree to make all reasonable efforts to seek a diplomatic solution before withdrawing.
This dispatch is updated automatically on a daily basis. Please do not edit manually.