RECOGNIZING our ancient bonds of friendship and transcending our past differences;
SEEKING to continue to have fun, foster inter-regional cooperation, and oppose tyranny in an enhanced alliance;
THEREFORE, agree to recognize and adhere to the Treaty and all of the commitments set forth therein:
Section I - Mutual recognition
1. The signatories will recognize the constitutional governments in force at the time of ratification of this treaty as the sole legitimate governments of their respective regions.
2. The signatories shall maintain in-game embassies (i.e., on the NationStates site) and off-site embassies (i.e., on their respective regional forums) with one another.
Section II - Mutual Defense
1. The signatories agree not to engage in any military hostilities against one another, nor against one another's protectorates which have been established by regional law and communicated to the other signatory. Participation by the signatories on opposite sides of a military engagement that does not constitute an attack on either signatory's home region shall not be considered "military hostilities against one another" for this purpose.
2. The signatories will not attempt to overthrow one another.
3. The signatories shall provide one another military assistance in case of a military attack, either internal or external, targeting the other signatory's home region, to the best of their ability, and at the request of the other signatory.
Section III - Intelligence Sharing
1. The signatories shall provide information to their counterpart's head of government which is pertinent to the other region's security or well-being, unless the signatory in possession of such intelligence reasonably believes that doing so would violate applicable laws or contravene the terms of service for NationStates or said signatory's forum provider, or when revealing that information would unduly compromise that party's source(s) of information.
2. The signatories will keep confidential all intelligence provided to them under this Section, unless the other signatory consents to the release.
3. The signatories will not in any way, direct or indirect, initiate or participate in espionage, subterfuge, or other clandestine operations against one another. For this purpose, a "clandestine operation" is one or more persons acting under false pretenses in one signatory's home region or regional forum, without that signatory's knowledge, and at the direction of the other signatory.
Section IV - Cultural Endeavors
1. The signatories shall endeavor to conduct communal cultural activities to the benefit of members of both regions, such as an annual festival which showcases each signatory's traditions and rich history.
2. Should both regions maintain a university, lecturers will be permitted and encouraged to offer their lessons in both regions. Each signatory may designate certain courses which will not be open, should they deem it necessary.
Section V - General Provisions and Dissolution
1. This treaty will come into effect upon its ratification by the duly authorized individuals or bodies of both the signatories.
2. Upon ratification, this treaty will be the sole treaty between the signatories, superseding any prior written documents describing a relationship between the signatories.
3. Either signatory will endeavor to give a week's notice in the aforementioned embassies before withdrawing from this treaty.
4. The signatories will make all reasonable efforts to seek a diplomatic solution before withdrawing from this treaty.
This dispatch is updated automatically on a daily basis. Please do not edit manually.