* NAM will not intervene, ally itself, judge, or otherwise interfere in the sovereign affairs of other regions.
* NAM respects and tolerates all political streams of thought and will not impose its own ideology on others. NAM requests all nations from all regions around the NS-world to treat NAM with the same respect as NAM will treat you.
* NAM shall not allow itself to be pressured, coerced, bullied or otherwise, to follow any kind of ideology or politics from any region.
* NAM categorically rejects any outside attempts to influence our own destiny. Our destiny must be fulfilled independently free from outside interference.
* NAM extends the hand of friendship to all other regions without making any assumptions or proposing any alliances of any kind, other than extending diplomatic recognition by establishing embassies.
* Establishing embassies are not to be interpreted as endorsement of those regions philosophies, political ideas or religious thoughts.
* Our voting record in the World Assembly as represented by NAM's Delegate at the WA does not reflect the opinions of all NAM members.
* NAM is governed on a secular basis by its Secretariat and the Officer Corps with minimal interference or directive from its leadership.
* NAM members are free to pursue their own philosophical, political or religious ideas.
The purpose of NAM is to help countries keep their the national independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of non-aligned countries in their struggle against imperialism, colonialism, neo-colonialism, racism, and all forms of foreign aggression, occupation, domination, interference or hegemony as well as against great power and bloc politics.
~the Non Aligned Movement Charter of Neutrality