by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

1

DispatchAccountOther

by The Federation of Trans-Uralia. . 30 reads.

Dem mobile


|
|

Trans-Uralia, the largest country in the world by area, had a population of 147.2 million according to the 2021 census, up from 142.8 million in the 2010 census. It is the third most populous country in Einnor, and the ninth-most populous country in the world; with a population density of 9 inhabitants per square kilometre. The overall life expectancy in Uralia at birth is 70.1 years (65.5 years for males and 74.5 years for females).

From the 1990s to 2001, Uralia's death rate had exceeded its birth rate, which has been called a demographic crisis by analysts. Subsequently, the nation has an ageing population, with the median age of the country being 40.3 years. In 2009, Uralia recorded annual population growth for the first time in fifteen years; and during the mid-2010s, Uralia had seen increased population growth due to declining death rates, increased birth rates and increased immigration. In 2020, the total fertility rate across Uralia was estimated to be 1.5 children born per woman, which is below the replacement rate of 2.1 and about equal to the Einnor average.

Uralia is a multinational and multiracial state, home to over 193 ethnic groups nationwide. In the 2010 Census, roughly 81% of the population were ethnic Uralians, and the remaining 19% of the population were ethnic and racial minorities, and over four-fifths of Uralia's population was of Western Einnor descent, of which the vast majority were Steppians, with a substantial minority of Scandinavian and Teuton peoples. According to the World Assembly, Uralia's immigrant population is the world's third-largest, numbering over 11.6 million, most of whom are from other former Red State countries.

Demographics of Trans-Uralia



Population pyramid of Trans-Uralia as of 1 January 2022


Population
______ 147,182,123 (2021 census)
|
Growth rate
____ -7.2 (December 1st, 2021)
|
Life Expectancy
_ 70.1 (December 1st, 2021)
|
___ ___Male___65.51 years (2021)
___ ___Female_74.51 years (2021)
|
|
Fertility rate
____ 1.52 (2021)
|
Infant mortality
rate
_4.9 deaths/1,000 live births (2019)
|
Net migration
rate

____1.69 migrant(s)/1,000 population
|


Age structure

|
|
Under 18 years
__~23.21%
|
18-44 Years
_____~34.73%
|
45-64 Years
_____26.55%
|
65 and over
_____15.6%
|

Sex Ratio

|
Total
____________0.86 male(s)/female (2009)
|
|
At birth
_________1.06 male(s)/female
|
|
Under 15
________1.06 male(s)/female (male
_________________11,980,138/female 11,344,818)
|
|
15-64 Years
______0.925 male(s)/female (male
_________________48,166,470/female 52,088,967)
|
|
65 and over
______0.44 male(s)/female (male
_________________5,783,983/female 13,105,896)
|

Nationality

|
|
Nationality
_______noun: Trans-Uralian(s) adj. : Trans-Uralian
|
Major ethnic
______Uralians
|

Language

|
|
Spoken
__________Uralian, others
|

|

Immigration
|
In 2006, in a bid to compensate for the country's demographic decline, the Trans-Uralian government started simplifying immigration laws and launched a state program "for providing assistance to voluntary immigration of ethnic Uralians and Chernarusians from former Red State republics". In August 2012, as the country saw its first demographic growth since the 1990s, President Gorbachenko declared that Trans-Uralia's population could reach 146 million by 2025, mainly as a result of immigration. New citizenship rules introduced in April 2014 allowing eligible citizens from former Red State republics to obtain Trans-Uralian citizenship, have gained strong interest among Uralian-speaking residents of those countries (i.e. Uralians, Teutons, and Dniperians).

Since the collapse of the Red State, most immigrants have come from Dniperia, Bukhara, Goriy, Dnisteria, and Xi.

Worker migration

Temporary migrant workers in Uralia consists of about 7 million people, most of the temporary workers come from Central Einnor, the Western Plains and East Einnor. Most of them work in the construction, cleaning and in the household industries. They primarily live in cities such as Svoborisk, Tyuvny and Vorodorozhny. The mayor of Svoborisk said that Svoborisk cannot do without worker migrants. New laws are in place that require worker migrants to be fluent in Uralian, know Uralian history and laws. The Uralian and Chernarusian Opposition and most of the Uralian population opposes worker migration. The hate of worker migration has become so severe it has caused a rise in Uralian and Chernarusian nationalism, and spawned groups like Movement Against Illegal Immigration.

Ethnicities and Races
|
Uralia is one of the world's most sparsely populated and urbanised countries, with the vast majority of its population concentrated within its western part. It had a population of 142.8 million according to the 2010 census, which rose to roughly 145.5 million as of 2022. Uralia is the most populous country in Einnor, and the world's ninth most populous country, with a population density of 9 inhabitants per square kilometre.

Since the 1990s, Uralia's death rate has exceeded its birth rate, which some analysts have called a demographic crisis. In 2019, the total fertility rate across Russia was estimated to be 1.5 children born per woman, which is below the replacement rate of 2.1, and is one of the world's lowest fertility rates. Subsequently, the nation has one of the world's oldest populations, with a median age of 40.3 years. In 2009, it recorded annual population growth for the first time in fifteen years; and since the 2010s, Uralia has seen increased population growth due to declining death rates, increased birth rates and increased immigration.

Trans-Uralia is a multinational and multiracial state with many subnational entities associated with different minorities. There are over 193 ethnic groups and 23 races nationwide. In the 2010 census, roughly 81% of the population were ethnic Uralians, and the remaining 19% of the population were ethnic minorities; while over four-fifths of Uralia's population was of Central Einnorian descent, of which the vast majority were Steppians, with a substantial minority of Scandinavian and Teutonic peoples. According to the World Assembly, Uralia's immigrant population is the world's third-largest, numbering over 11.6 million; most of which are from former-Red State republics, mainly Dniperians.


|
|

Language
|
Uralian is the official and the predominantly spoken language in Trans-Uralia. It is the 3rd most spoken native language in Einnor, the most geographically widespread language of Einnor, as well as the world's most widely spoken Steppian language.

Trans-Uralia is a multilingual nation, approximately 100150 minority languages are spoken across the country. According to the Uralian Census of 2010, 137.5 million across the country spoke Uralian, 4.3 million spoke Chernarusian, and 1.1 million spoke Dniperian. The constitution gives the country's individual republics the right to establish their own state languages in addition to Uralian, as well as guarantee its citizens the right to preserve their native language and to create conditions for its study and development. However, various experts have claimed Uralia's linguistic diversity is rapidly declining due to many languages becoming endangered.
|

RawReport