Absolutely! During the 2021 Cards Symposium, there will be a simulated Hunger Games taking place, where event participants get to sign up and face each other off in battle!
There will be 12 teams (districts, officially), each team possessing 4 users to make for a maximum of 48 players in the game, and the last person standing is declared the victor for (both) themselves and the team they were a part of!
1. When can I sign up? - Signups will officially begin on Tuesday - 2/23/2021 at 3 P.M. CST/4 P.M. ET/9:00 P.M. UTC. They will end on Thursday - 2/25/2021 at 11:59 P.M. CST a.k.a. on Friday - 2/26/2021 at 12:59 A.M. ET/5:59 A.M. UTC.
Should there still be spots available, any person who signed up before or after the signup period will be added to the event.
2. How do I sign up? - Signups will officially be conducted via a Google Form Survey. This is due to the fact that there will be many participants, so organization will be a huge factor in running this event.
3. When does the event start and end? - The Card Hunger Games will start on Friday - 2/26/2021 at 6 P.M. CST/7:00 P.M. ET a.k.a. on Saturday - 2/27/2021 at 12:00 A.M. UTC. It will end on Friday - 2/26/2021 at 6:30 P.M. CST/7:30 P.M. ET a.k.a. on Saturday - 2/27/2021 at 12:30 A.M. UTC.
4. How will the event go down? - All 48 players (tributes) will be paired off against one another in a series of battles randomly decided by the game. Each day there will be a chance for players to be eliminated (killed by other tributes, natural causes, et cetera), and eventually there will only be 1 player remaining out of all 48 players!
Additionally, the game will record several statistics that will seek to spotlight other players, such as players who did not survive but garnered the highest amount of eliminations.
4. How will the winner(s) be decided? - As one might suspect, the last player remaining will be declared the winner. However, other players will also be rewarded. This includes the players that were a part of the same district as the remaining player, along with the players who landed in 2nd and 3rd place.
If you manage to become the last player remaining, then you will receive a legendary Season 2 Sanctaria card in addition to all the fan mail you'll get for being the victor!
For those who did not win but were a part of the same district as the last remaining player, they will receive random epic cards upon indicating which nation to send them to.
For those who came really close to winning (i.e. 2nd or 3rd place), they will be sent random legendary cards of a lower value than the card the overall winner received.
Finally, should there be a single user who managed to garner the most eliminations in the game, then the player who did so will receive a legendary Season 1 Wilkshire! However, any ties between players for the most eliminations will lead to no cards being awarded.
Spots are limited, so making sure to get your application in as soon as possible is a must if you want to participate! Here's the current roster of players:
Don't forget to sign up if you're interested! Otherwise, enjoy the Card Hunger Games! 🃏