| ABOUT | CENTRAL STRATEGIC COMMITTEE | HISTORY | JOINT TASK FORCE | OFFSITE | POLICIES | STATISTICS || CAPE OF GOOD HOPE | CONCH KINGDOM | LANDS END | RIDGEFIELD | DAWN |
The Discord server of the Alliance is located here: [Invite Link]
The Discord server bot is AugustinAndroid: [Info]
The Alliance does not maintain any other Discord servers. Any servers claiming affiliation with the Alliance or any of its subsidiaries do so without official recognition.
Our offsite community, while generally calm and self-regulating, does have a few rules to keep things running smoothly. Please familiarize yourself with these before using our server.
1. Respect the purpose of each channel, as seen in the channel descriptions.
2. Do not maliciously impersonate other members.
3. Do not post highly offensive, illegal, or NSFW material, or link to sites where such material is immediately visible or accessible.
4. Do not harass other members (ie, by making repeated personal attacks, sexual advances, or other undesirable contact toward a member after being asked to stop by that member). Do not evade blocks by any means.
5. Do not post any personal information belonging to another member unless they have approved it for public sharing. This includes, but is not limited to, information that could be used to identify that member in real life.
6. Do not spam in any channel. This includes, but is not limited to, nonsense posts, repeats, frivolous pings, excessive emoticon use, and bot calls that disrupt an ongoing conversation.
7. Do not promote other regions, servers, or organizations. If someone asks for a server invite link, send it by DM. This rule also applies to for-profit advertisement. Legitimate requests to promote a region or server may be approved by any moderator.
8. Do not troll or flame other users with obscene, gratuitous insults against individuals or groups, or threats or advocacy of real-world violence.
9. Do not recommend that other users violate NationStates rules, or discuss ways to do so.
10. Please respect the authority of the Founder, Administrator(s), and moderators. If you are told to stop, you should stop.
Note: Offensiveness is highly subjective, and it is not the duty of staff to protect you from being offended. Furthermore, staff are not the logic police, and will not issue warnings for poor arguments unless an actual rule is broken.
1. Moderators are not guaranteed to see all rule violations, and lack of moderator action does not imply that a member action was permissible. Rule violations should be reported with the >report command to ensure a moderator review.
2. Moderators may respond to rule violations with informal warnings, formal warnings, mutes, kicks, and bans. The severity of the consequence is at the moderator's discretion, based on context and member history.
3. Members are entitled to a single appeal of any moderation consequence. This appeal will be reviewed by an uninvolved staff member.
4. Moderators will not rule on cases where their personal involvement may lead to bias. Suspected moderator impartiality may be reported to an Administrator for review.
5. Moderators are held to the same standard as other members. Suspected rule violations by a moderator may be reported for review by another moderator, using the >report command.
6. Moderators will not kick members, ban members, or delete messages, without recorded cause. Suspected abuse of moderator authority may be reported to an Administrator for review.
7. The bot does not automatically delete all Rule 6 violations. Messages should not be assumed legal merely because they were not deleted.
Regional and Alliance officials are not moderators, although they may have moderator-like permissions in some channels for utility purposes. Some member regions may have roleplay moderators, who are tasked with maintaining a fair and enjoyable roleplay environment and do not have Alliance-wide rule enforcement authority.
Created by August. Updated automatically. Do not reproduce, in whole or in part, without explicit permission.