Criminal Code Amendment (Doxxing) Act 2020
An act to upgrade the crime of doxxing and create two categories of the offense, to rename the relevant offense, and to make mandatory permanent banishment from the region on conviction of major doxxing.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of the Revolutionary Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the Citizens of The Communist Bloc, in this present Legislative Committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Definitions
(1) All references to amendment or insertion in this act pertain to the The Criminal Law Act 2016.
(2) “The principal act” shall refer to the act here enacted.
Article II - Category
(2) This Act shall be classified as a Type VII (One Shot) law.
Article III - Provisions
(3) Section 25 (“Personal Crimes”) shall be amended to read:
Personal Crimes Doxxing: If sensitive real-life information or personal information about users are is posted without their consent, and the relevant person decides to pursue charges against the offender. This offense only applies if the real-life information cannot be used to identify the users’ real-life identity, location, or likeness. Should the information posted fall into any of the aforementioned categories, the higher crime in Section 35 must be applied.
(4) Section 35 to be inserted, with all subsequent sections renumbered accordingly, and to read:
Highly Sensitive Doxxing: If sensitive real-life information or personal information about users is posted without their consent, especially any information allowing the identification of the users’ real-life identity, location, or likeness. May be applied should the affected user pursue charges, or where the affected user is forced to leave the region as a result of the information released.
(5) Section 35, now renumbered to Section 36, shall be amended to read:
The minimum sentence for all highest offenses as defined in Article 7 Sections 31 through 34 is no less than 6 months banishment from the in-game region and forum, and the maximum sentence for all highest offenses as defined in Article 6 Sections 31 through 34 is indefinite banishment from the in-game region and forum. The mandatory sentence for an offense under Section 35 is permanent banishment from the region, and the executive government will be charged with informing the wider community of regions of the known aliases of the offender.
Article IV - Schedule
(6) The principal act shall be considered legally binding following two-thirds majority assent from the Legislative Committee, as well as a two-thirds majority assent from the People's Assembly.
Written and proposed by Lewis Kuznetsov.