RMB Representation Act 2020
An act to give representation to the Residents of The Bloc.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of the Revolutionary Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the Citizens of The Communist Bloc, in this present Legislative Committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Definitions
(1) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
(2) "RMB" shall refer to the Regional Message Board of The NationStates Region of The Communist Bloc.
Article II - Category
(3) This Act shall be classified as a Type VI GENERAL law.
Article III - Provisions
(4) Residents within the Communist Bloc may elect a single member to represent them in the Executive and Legislative Committees. This role shall be called "The RMB Representative"
The RMB Representative is tasked with representing the interests of all Citizens and Residents of The Communist Bloc.
The RMB Representative must be a Citizen.
The RMB Representative must have access to the regional Discord.
The RMB Representative must have a World Assembly (WA) Nation within the Bloc.
The RMB Representative may not hold another position within the Bloc.
Except Moderators on the RMB.
The RMB Representative is entitled to a vote within both Committees.
Should this cause a tie, the RMB Representatives vote will be discounted.
(5) Elections for this member will be run via a Regional Poll, with the person receiving the majority of votes becoming the RMB Representative.
The elections for the RMB Representative shall take place every 6 weeks.
The candidates must announce their candidacy on the TCB Forum.
An RMB Representative may not stand if they have held the title more than twice in the past 6 months.
The People’s Tribunal is charged with making the poll.
Only World Assembly Nations are allowed to vote.
(6) The RMB Representative may be ejected by either Committee if they act in a manner unbecoming of a Committee Member.
Should the representative be ejected by both Committees, the Representative will be deposed and a new election will take place.
This vote will require a 75% majority.
A post must be made on the TCB Forum, outlining why the person is being removed.
Upon posting, the RMB Representative will be given at least 48 hours to defend themselves.
They must be private messaged instantly within NationStates, alerting them a vote has been motioned for. This message must include a link to the post.
The First Minister or Speaker must open the vote.
The First Minister and Speaker must also make the other aware.
The RMB Representative may not vote.
Article IV - Schedule
(7) A trial period of 6 months or 4 terms (whichever is shorter) shall take place, at which point a legally binding re-vote by the Legislative Committee and the Executive Committee, excluding the RMB Representative shall take place.
A simple majority in both Committees must be attained in order for this act to become permanent.
Following the acts passing, the date of the first Representative elected shall be noted on the act, temporarily, until the trial period is over.
A tally of Representatives will also be kept, until the trial period is over.
Should the vote be in favour, the Principal Act becomes a Type IV General Law.
Should it become a Law in itself, Section 6 shall be removed, and Section 2 will be amended.
This will not be counted against any Tabled Bill's.
Should the re-vote be against the creation of The RMB Representative, then the Principal Act shall be deleted.
(8) This act shall enter its trial period following majority assent from the Legislative Committee, as well as majority assent from the People's Assembly.
Written and proposed by Martyn Kiryu