Criminal Law Act 2016
An act to establish the criminal law of TCB.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of the Revolutionary Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the Citizens of The Communist Bloc, in this present Legislative Committee, assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Criminal Law Act”.
ARTICLE II - Category
(2) This act shall be considered a Type IV CRIMINAL Law
ARTICLE III - Definitions
(3) "Offense" shall be defined as an action deemed illegal, and punishable by the People's Court.
(4) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE IV - Coverage
(5) All laws contained within the Criminal Code applies to The Communist Bloc (TCB) forums, TCB Regional Message Board (RMB),all TCB Social Channels and events, and interaction between TCB members where it is determined relevant to the offense(s) in question.
ARTICLE V - Minor Offenses
(6) Exceeding the endorsement cap: The purposeful transgression of the endorsement cap is forbidden, if the First Minister does not give their consent; failure to remedy accidental transgression of the endorsement cap within twenty-four hours of being made aware of the transgression shall make retention of any such endorsements purposeful, and thereafter punishable as a purposeful transgression.
(7) Disruptive Behavior: Recruiting, advertising or spamming without consent of the Legislative Committee.
(8) Harassment: Any action which is by design insulting, badgering, or pressuring of players in spite of petition(s) to cease and desist. Insult shall be considered purposeful if not intentional where insult as a consequence of any action is reasonably predictable.
(9) Trespassing: The act of posting in a thread or channel without authorisation and with knowledge of the lack of authorisation, especially after having been informed or requested to vacate the thread or channel in question.
(10) Trolling: Purposeful eliciting a negative emotional reaction from users, frustration of users, and/or social discord. An action may be considered Trolling where such an action is not designed to cause negative emotional reaction from users, frustration of users, and/or social discord should such consequences have been reasonably predictable.
(11) Vexatious Litigation: Abusing the judicial process through repetitive or frivolous reports/accusations.
(12) Unlawful Discrimination: Discriminating against a person on grounds of that person's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religious belief, sexuality, asexuality, gender or agender identity or expression, sex, sex characteristics or disability by not dealing with that person under the terms and conditions normally applied with other persons.
(13) Wilful Abandonment of Duty in Office: While holding an office established on a statutory basis, and failing to give notice of a Leave of Absence, failing to complete, within a reasonable time frame, the legally defined duties of the office.
(14) The maximum sentence for all minor offenses in Article 4 Sections 6 through 8 shall be no greater than 10 days banishment from the in-game region and any official off-site means of communication.
(15) The maximum sentence for all minor offenses in Article 4 Sections 9 and 13 shall be no greater than 1 month banishment from the in-game region and any official off-site means of communication.
ARTICLE VI - Major Offenses
(16) Perjury: Knowingly, and beyond reasonable doubt, providing false testimony or falsified evidence to deceive a court of law
(17) Violation of Statutory Law: The violation of civil law which places restrictions on office holders, or requires the taking of certain actions as an office holder.
(18) Violation of the Oath of Office: The violation of the oath of office required in the Offences in Office Act 2019.
(19) Repeat Violation: Should a player be found guilty of a crime against the Public on multiple occasions, and should that player seem as though they are not learning their lesson, a user may be tried for repeatedly offending the law.
(20) Administrative Crimes: Destroying forum or any other official off-site means of communication content in a destructive way, pornspamming, and gorespamming, hacking of any accounts.
(21) Lying On A Citizenship Application: Concealing previous aliases; concealing regional affiliations; disavowing the citizenship oath; or providing misleading or deceitful information in an attempt to obtain through deceit or deliberate silence or omission an account with citizenship in The Communist Bloc.
(22) Desertment: Refusing to assist in the defense of The Communist Bloc against invasion.
(23) Impersonation: Claiming to be another player, or claiming to represent TCB and/or having official associations with TCB without this being a factual claim.
(24) Deception: Belong to a player who is currently banned in The Communist Bloc. The recommended sentence is banishment from the forum and in-game region.
(25) Doxxing: If sensitive real-life information or personal information about users is posted without their consent, and the relevant person decides to pursue charges against the offender. This offense only applies if the real-life information cannot be used to identify the users’ real-life identity, location, or likeness. Should the information posted fall into any of the aforementioned categories, the higher crime in Section 35 must be applied.
(26) Subversion: Conspiring against the interests of The Communist Bloc, such as deliberately trying to lower the endorsement count of the legal World Assembly delegate and calling for actions against officials of TCB or TCB unless otherwise prescribed by law, or assisting in and/or not reporting such subversive activities.
(27) Espionage: Gathering private and/or sensitive government information to be used or distributed against the interests of The Communist Bloc and/or without permission or leaking content from private forums or chats to third persons without the consent of the General Secretary.
(28) Sexual Harassment: Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other conduct of a sexual nature that tends to create a hostile or offensive work and social environment.
(29) The maximum sentence for all major offenses in Article 6 Sections 16 through 21 shall be no greater than 12 months banishment from the in-game region and any official off-site means of communication. In addition, upon conviction under Sections 17 or 18, the judiciary may bar the offender from holding public office for up to a period of six months.
(30) The maximum sentence for all major offenses in Article 6 Sections 22 through 28 shall be no greater than 18 months banishment from the in-game region and any official off-site means of communication, and/or removal of citizenship.
ARTICLE VII - Highest Offenses
(31) Abusing administrative powers on any official Bloc servers to cause a denial of service or substantial loss of information.
(32) Anti-Revolutionary Activity: Intending to cause internal discord or political division for the purpose of personal gain; or sabotage of The Communist Bloc, its government, and Party; or intending to impede daily government activities and duties for the purpose of sabotage. This charge may also be used in place of charges of subversion and espionage.
(33) Treason: Giving aid to enemies of the region; participating in or inciting war against The Communist Bloc; or seizure, attempted seizure, or inciting others to seize a position unlawfully.
(34) Breaking into Administrative Account(s): Obtaining access to an Administrator account without approval from the Head Administrator, or otherwise deliberately breaking into an Administrators account.
(35) Highly Sensitive Doxxing: If sensitive real-life information or personal information about users is posted without their consent, especially any information allowing the identification of the users’ real-life identity, location, or likeness. May be applied should the affected user pursue charges, or where the affected user is forced to leave the region as a result of the information released.
(36) The minimum sentence for all highest offenses as defined in Article 7 Sections 31 through 34 is no less than 6 months banishment from the in-game region and any official off-site means of communication, and the maximum sentence for all highest offenses as defined in Article 7 Sections 31 through 34 is indefinite banishment from the in-game region and any official off-site means of communication. The mandatory sentence for an offense under Section 35 is permanent banishment from the region, and the executive government will be charged with informing the wider community of regions of the known aliases of the offender.
ARTICLE VIII - Statutes of Limitations
(37) Should a highest offense case not be submitted to the Judiciary within 1 year of the offense allegedly occurring, the case must be dropped.
(38) Should a major offense case not be submitted to the Judiciary within 6 months of the offense allegedly occurring, the case must be dropped.
(39) Should a minor offense case not be submitted to the Judiciary within 1 month of the offense allegedly occurring, the case must be dropped.
ARTICLE IX - Schedule, Amendment, and Repeal
(40) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Assembly with the signature of the President.
(41) The Criminal Code may only be amended with a 2/3 majority by the Legislative Committee.
(42) The Criminal Code may not be repealed without a referendum with 2/3 majority in support.
Proposed by Piper Winter; written by Phazon, Navbot, Piper Winter, and Zenny Winter