World Assembly Affairs Act 2020
An act to create a World Assembly Ministry and set up WA voting procedures within the Bloc
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of the Revolutionary Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the Citizens of The Communist Bloc, in this present Legislative Committee, assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-[/center]
ARTICLE I - Definitions
(1) “WA” shall refer to the World Assembly.
(2) “Proposal” shall refer to a submission at vote in the WA.
(3) “GA” shall refer to the General Assembly, where legislative proposals in the WA are presented.
(4) “SC” shall refer to the Security Council, where proposals to recognize nations or protect regions are presented.
(5) “WAD” or “World Assembly Delegate” shall refer to TCB’s representative in the WA, defined as that officer holding the office through virtue of the legal framework established in the Constitution, or the previous holder currently outlined as the WAD on the onsite interface during a legal handover.
(6) “MoWAA” or “Ministry of World Assembly Affairs” shall refer to a ministry with the portfolio of managing TCB polls on the forums to determine how the WAD should vote on WA proposals and the presentation of an analysis
(7) “FM,” or “First Minister” shall refer to the Head of State of the region
(8) “CoM” or “Council of Ministers” shall refer to the chief advisory body of the FM that votes on executive matters
(9) “Discord” shall refer to the Discord Server of the region.
(10) “Quorate,” shall refer to that state in which a WA proposal has been submitted, but has not yet reached sufficient approvals to go to vote.
(11) “MoFA,” or “Ministry of Foreign Affairs,” shall refer to the ministry with the portfolio of managing and establishing diplomatic relations with other regions and entities
(12) “LC,” or “Legislative Committee,” shall refer to the primary legislative body of The Communist Bloc
(13) “PA,” or “People’s Assembly” shall refer to the body of all citizens that acts as the other part of Bloc Legislature
(14) “Resident” or “Resident Nation” shall refer to any nation that currently resides in The Communist Bloc region
Article II - Category
(15) This Act shall be classified as a Type III EXECUTIVE law.
Article III - Provisions
(16) When a World Assembly proposal is in queue, it is the responsibility of the Minister of World Assembly Affairs or their equivalent, or a volunteer authorized by the minister under their portfolio, to create a voting thread on the World Assembly proposal and analysis on The Communist Bloc forums in a timely fashion no later than 24 hours after the proposal has reached the queue.
The post must include the proposal in full text.
The analysis must include both pros and cons of the proposal at vote.
The voting thread shall be open to all citizens, who will be able to vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain”
(17): Resident nations of the Communist Bloc may submit their opinions and votes on WA resolutions to the Minister of WA Affairs, via the Ministry of WA Affairs Nation, who will then post those opinions and votes in the designated resolution thread.
The Minister of WA Affairs reserves the right to exclude any votes or opinions delivered in this manner exclusively for the purposes of preserving regional security.
Rejected submissions may be appealed by the resident nation to the People’s Tribunal. If the Minister of WA Affairs’ rejection is deemed not to be for the purpose of preserving regional security, the rejection shall be formally retracted and the submission will be considered valid for the purpose of the Act, to the maximum extent possible.
Citizen or resident nations may not submit their opinions and votes via both the forums and the Ministry nation. If two submissions are made, only the first mode of submission will be accepted for initial and subsequent submissions.
(18) On the Discord, a channel called “#world-assembly-affairs” shall be created where GA and SC proposals and current proposals at vote will be discussed.
(19) After 48 hours have passed or, at least five citizens have posted their vote in the vote thread, the WAD will vote on the proposal based on the poll results.
If an option achieves a majority (50% + 1) of votes, the WAD shall vote in that manner on the proposal
If no option achieves a majority of votes, the WAD shall abstain.
(20): If, over the course of the resolution being at vote, the majority option changes, the Minister of World Assembly Affairs, or a volunteer designated on their behalf, must advise the delegate to change their vote to the option with the majority of votes.
This advice must be given as soon as reasonably possible.
If the Resolution is scheduled to leave the floor within 12 hours, and the WAD vote does not match the majority option, the MoWAA must advise the delegate to change their vote to the majority opinion.
(21) If the Council of Ministers votes with at least 60% support to deem it diplomatically necessary for The Communist Bloc to vote on a World Assembly proposal a certain way passes, the World Assembly Delegate shall vote according to the decision of the CoM.
The CoM vote can only be initiated by a formal, publicly viewable proposal from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs stating why it is crucial for the WAD to vote that way.
This may be repealed by a simple majority in the Legislative Committee, in which case the vote of the World Assembly Delegate shall be cast according to the original MoWAA poll in accordance with clause (13) of this legislation.
The People’s Assembly may also have the power to motion for a repeal vote in the LC.
Article IV - Schedule
(22) This act shall be considered legally binding following majority assent from the Legislative Committee, as well as majority assent from the People’s Assembly.
(23) An election shall open for the MoWAA at the passage of this act contingent on the FM and CoM voting on and creating the MoWAA
The election schedule will be a 4 day standing period and 2 day election period
Written and proposed by Kirk Socramander