Stamp Act 2020
An act to regulate the stamp donation process, the use of stamps, and awards related to stamps.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of the Revolutionary Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the Citizens of The Communist Bloc, in this present Legislative Committee, assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Definitions
(1) "Stamps" shall refer to items purchasable with real world money on NationStates called Telegram Stamps that can be used for mass-telegrams.
(2) “Bloc Stamps” shall refer to stamps donated to the regional government of the Revolutionary Republic of The Communist Bloc and its rightful successors. Bloc stamps are possessions of the regional government of the Revolutionary Republic of The Communist Bloc.
(3) “Ministry of Domestic Affairs” shall refer to any ministry with the portfolio of domestic affairs defined by the constitution. Should there be multiple Ministries with the portfolio of domestic affairs, then the “Ministry of Domestic Affairs” shall refer to all ministries with the portfolio of recruiting nations to The Communist Bloc. “MoDA” or the “Minister of Domestic Affairs” shall be the Minister of the said Ministry.
(4) “Immigration Office” shall refer to any nation designated by the Ministry of Domestic Affairs to store the Bloc Stamps and send recruitment telegrams with Bloc Stamps.
(5) “Stamp Donations” shall refer to any irreversible, and permanent donations of stamps from one nation to another.
(6) “Stamp Drives” shall refer to any events or campaigns organized by TCB residents to TCB residents for the purpose of stimulating Donations
Article II - Category
(7) This Act shall be classified as a Type III EXECUTIVE law.
Article III - Provisions
(8) The MoDA shall have access to the Immigration Office. The Administrative Council shall have the right to access the Immigration Office and at least one member of the Administrative Council shall have access to the Immigration Office at all times.
The MoDA may not arbitrarily change the password to the Immigration Office.
The MoDA may be charged with “Disruptive Behavior” under Criminal Law Act 2016 if they arbitrarily changes the password to the Immigration Office but cooperates with the investigation and neutralizes most damages resulted from their action.
The MoDA may be charged with “Subversion” or “Treason” under Criminal Law Act 2016 if they deliberately change the password to the Immigration Office in ways that cause damage to The Communist Bloc’s access to Bloc Stamps.
The password must be changed once a MoDA steps down, or is replaced. The incoming MoDA will change the password. The Administrative Council must be informed.
(9) After a relevant election, the last MoDA must grant the newly elected MoDA access of the Immigration Office.
The former MoDA must perform this action within a grace period of 72 hours starting from the electoral victory of the newly elected MoDA. If the former MoDA fails to grant the newly elected MoDA within the grace period, then the Administrative Council shall warn the former MoDA and grant the newly elected MoDA access to the Immigration Office.
Should the former MoDA deliberately refuse to grant the access of Immigration Office to the newly elected MoDA, the former MoDA may be charged with “Subversion” under Criminal Law Act 2016.
(10) No government member may initiate a Stamp Drive that asks TCB residents and/or citizens to donate stamps to any nation other than the Immigration Office; no resident or citizen may initiate a Bloc Stamp Drive in the name of the government.
Except where access to the Immigration Nation account is unavailable to the MoDA.
(11) All stamp drives must be compliant with the Terms & Conditions of Use of NationStates.
Any promise of rewards with monetary substances or substitutes is strictly forbidden.
Organizers of such activities may be charged with “Subversion” under Criminal Law Act 2016.
The Administrative Council or any other Moderator may remove or suppress materials from the Regional Message Board, TCB Forum, TCB Discord Server, and all other channels of communication if found to be breaching this law
(12) All Bloc stamp drives must be done with the knowledge and permission of the MoDA.
(13) The MoDA or someone acting on their behalf may send recruitment telegrams to new and refounded nations with Bloc telegrams.
The MoDA must only use the Immigration Office and Bloc Stamps for the purpose of recruitment for The Communist Bloc.
Except where directed to by the Council of Ministers.
The MoDA must report to the Council of Ministers of the use of Bloc stamps in a monthly report including the following:
The total number of stamps initially consumed.
The total number of stamps left.
The number of stamps initially consumed for new nations and the number of stamps initially consumed for refounded nations.
The MoDA may be charged with “Deception” under Criminal Law Act 2016 if they deliberately provided false information.
The MoDA may be charged with “Subversion” or “Anti-Revolutionary Activity” under Criminal Law Act 2016” under Criminal Law Act 2016 if they deliberately use Bloc stamps for any purposes not sanctioned by the Council of Ministers depending on the severity of their offence.
Article IV - Schedule
(14) This act shall be considered legally binding following majority assent from the Legislative Committee, as well as majority assent from the Peoples’ Assembly.
Written and proposed by C.A.D, edited by Martyn Kiryu.