Citizenship Act 2016
An act to establish the regional citizenship & party membership procedure, its processing, and removal.
Now, and thereafter, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the Constitution of the Revolutionary Republic, by and with the consent of the Citizens of The Communist Bloc, in this present Legislative Committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Citizenship Act of 2016”.
ARTICLE II - Category
(2) This act shall be classified as a Type III EXECUTIVE law.
ARTICLE III - Definitions
(3) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
(4) "Resident" shall refer to individuals whom have a nation in The Communist Bloc but have not be approved for forum citizenship.
(5) "Citizen" shall refer to individuals whom have a nation in The Communist Bloc and have been approved for forum citizenship.
ARTICLE IV - Applications & Processing
(6) All nations within The Communist Bloc that do not hold citizenship on the regional forum shall be considered residents, not citizens. Residents must apply and be approved for forum citizenship to obtain citizen masking.
(7) The processing of applications for citizenship and diplomatic or cultural status shall fall upon Forum Administrators, or Ministers voted in by election.
(8) Citizenship applicants must have a nation within The Communist Bloc, be checked for security purposes by forum administration and pass, and completely fill in their application to be accepted.
(9) Citizenship applicants may be rejected for forum citizenship on the following grounds:
The citizenship application form is not satisfactorily and truthfully completed;
The applicant does not have a nation in The Communist Bloc, or does not comply with any guidelines set out by Forum Administrators, the Legislative Committee, the First Minister, or the responsible Minister;
A security reason for denial of citizenship is advised by forum administration;
A regional court order is in place effecting that the applicant is not permitted to hold citizenship of The Communist Bloc;
The granting of citizenship to the applicant is deemed to pose an unacceptable risk to the wellbeing of The Communist Bloc;
The granting of citizenship to the applicant would be a violation of TCB Law.
(10) Any member of the Legislative Committee may propose to overturn the rejection of a citizenship application. A simple majority of the Legislative Committee must vote in favor to overturn said rejection.
(11) The First Minister may overrule any decisions taken by Ministers or other deputies on matters relating to citizenship or ambassador requests for forum access.
ARTICLE V - Losing Citizenship
(12) Any citizen who is discovered not to have a nation in The Communist Bloc shall have their citizenship removed. This does not preclude the person from re-applying for citizenship and membership at a later date.
(13) The Judiciary may remove citizenship from a person as punishment for the commission of a crime. Any person sentenced to a lifetime ban from the region shall automatically have their citizenship removed.
(14) The Judiciary may remove citizenship from a person if information otherwise asked in the citizenship application is knowingly withheld with malicious intent.
(15) Any member of the Legislative Committee may propose to remove citizenship and from a member on the grounds of making malicious attacks on the region. Such proposals must pass a 3/4 majority and be signed by the First Minister.
ARTICLE VI - Schedule
(16) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with the signature of the General Secretary.
Proposed and written by Zenny Ariel Winter