ARTICLE I - Definitions
(1) "Principal Act" shall refer to the current bill here presented.
(2) “Regional Officer” shall refer to citizens who are Regional Officers on NationStates side of The Communist Bloc.
(3) “RMB” shall refer to the Regional Message Board on NationStates side of The Communist Bloc.
(4) “RMB posts” shall refer to posts on the RMB of The Communist Bloc.
(5) “Regional Communications Officer” or "RCO" shall refer to Regional Officers with the ability to suppress RMB posts.
(6) “NationStates Moderators” shall refer to moderators of NationStates, who are not Regional Officers.
(7) “Embassy Regions” shall refer to all regions that have embassies with TCB.
(8) "RP" shall refer to Roleplay on the Regional Message Board for the purposes of this act.
Article II - Category
(9) This Act shall be classified as a Type I Administrative Law.
Article III - Provisions
(10) All previous non-legislative rules and regulations relating to RMB use are declared null and void.
(11) Any legislation which affects the RMB must be made into a dispatch, available for all NS users.
(12) Regional Communication Officers may not arbitrarily suppress RMB posts.
(13) Regional Communication Officers are obligated to report and suppress RMB posts violating NationStates Terms &
Conditions of Use, or that violate resident or citizen rights as defined by the Constitution
(14) Regional Communication Officers must suppress RMB posts that contain the following:
Deliberately upsetting materials.
Discriminatory or derogatory terms used outside of quotations.
Link to illegal or dangerous websites or material.
Graphics or links to graphics that are violent, sexual, disturbing or may not be considered as PG-13.
Personal defamation, attack, or harassment.
Overt or covert hateful, fascist, or alt-right symbolism, slogan, rhetoric, or statements presented outside of appropriate quotation.
Any speech which may be considered Hate Speech.
Denial of historical or ongoing serious crimes in the real world or serious allegations of such in unprofessional, unscholarly, chauvinistic, or inflammatory manners.
Discussion of serious crimes in nonchalant, unprofessional, unscholarly, chauvinistic, or inflammatory manners; mature, respectful, scholarly, and civil discussion around serious crimes should not be suppressed.
Excessive personal information.
Material or information posted with the express aim of negatively affecting the mental health and wellbeing of others.
A mental health emergency contact dispatch will be maintained, including phone numbers to mental health helplines in as many countries as reasonably possible. Anyone posting suicidal material will be sent this dispatch through telegram.
Libelous or openly illegal content.
Discussion of military affairs, including raiding another region.
Profaned language not directed to anyone.
Excessive profaned language.
Excessive repetitive words
Quotation of a suppressible post without effective censorship.
Evidently false claims.
(15) Regional Communications Officers can make a RMB post with all of the following after suppressing a RMB post.
Indication of the post suppressed, such as a quotation, the link, or the post ID.
A link to the Principal Act.
A reason to suppress according to the principal Act.
(16) Regional Communications Officers must keep a record of all disputed suppressions on the Forum. For each disputed suppression, the Regional Communications Officer must provide the ID of the post or the link to the post, and the reason for suppression.
If applicable, Regional Communications Officers can include possible violations of the Criminal Code.
The Administrative Council and the People’s Tribunal shall have access to this record. The Administrative Council may overturn suppressions. They may direct Regional Communications Officers to un-suppress RMB posts.
(17) Residents of The Communist Bloc and Embassy Regions are encouraged to report RMB posts to NationStates Moderators.
(18) Residents of The Communist Bloc and Embassy Regions are allowed to appeal against specific suppressions via RMB Posts, telegrams to Members of the Administrative Council, Discord direct messages to Members of the Administrative Council, and Forum direct messages to Members of the Administrative Council.
Article IV - Roleplay
(19) Roleplaying is permitted on the RMB but must be conducted in a civil manner.
(20) Roleplay must be put in a "Spoiler" and be labeled as such.
The code for RP Spoilers on the RMB is
[spoiler=RP] text here [/spoiler]
Should residents forget to spoiler RP, they may be reminded to do so via Telegram.
Repeat Offenders may be asked to cease joining RP. Failure to abide by this may result in suppressions/ejection from the region.
(21) Regional Communications Officers shall oversee RP.
RCOs shall review posts on a case by case basis. Should they believe that the RP has violated section (14) of this act with malicious intent, then they may suppress and/or eject and ban the offender.
Spamming the RMB with RP is not permitted and may result in being asked to cease, or even ejection. Players must not make multiple posts for RP, except where a reasonable period of time has passed.
If an RCO believes that a piece of RP is acting in a manner as to make the RMB unenjoyable for others, they may suppress that post.
Article V - Schedule
(22) This act shall be considered legally binding following majority assent from the Legislative Committee, as well as majority assent from the People's Assembly.
(23) A dispatch version of the Principal Act shall be created immediately after it is passed, and shall be maintained by the incumbent Minister of Information.
Written and proposed by C.A.D., improved and expanded by other Member of the Legislative Committee