Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the Citizens of The Communist Bloc, in this present Central Committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Category
(1) This act shall be considered an ADMINISTRATIVE law.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
(3) "Criminal Code" shall refer to the Criminal Law Act 2016.
(4) "Core State Officers" shall refer to the following offices: The First Minister Ministers, The Speaker, All Legislative Committee Members, The Chief Justice & all other members of the judiciary, All officers in the People's Revolutionary Armed Forces. The World Assembly Delegate and Vice World Assembly Delegates
The First Minister
All Legislative Committee Members,
The Chief Justice & all other members of the judiciary,
All officers in the People's Revolutionary Armed Forces.
The World Assembly Delegate and Vice World Assembly Delegates
(5) "Administrators" shall refer to those currently defined as such in the Administrative Affairs Act 2017, and "Head Administrator" shall refer to the office established in the same act.
ARTICLE III - Oaths of Office
(6) The oath of office for all Core State Officers shall read as follows. Failure to take this oath before exercising the powers of an office shall be considered a criminal offence, as a Violation of Statutory Law.
I, [full name], do hereby swear and affirm that I will uphold the laws of the region, including the Constitution, that I will defend the rights of all citizens in my decision making, and that I will not bring my office into disrepute by conduct which is in violation of the criminal or civil law of the region. I further affirm that I will follow the instructions of my superiors, unless those orders contradict the criminal or civil law of the region, or violate the rights of citizens. I understand that violation of this oath may result in my criminal conviction.
(7) Administrators shall be required to take the following oath, in addition to any other oaths they otherwise take. Failure to take this oath before exercising the powers of the office shall be considered a criminal offence, as a Violation of Statutory Law.
I, [full name], do hereby swear and affirm that I will abide by the relevant legislation in the exercise of my powers. I recognise the ultimate and vital duty that I hold to defend the region against all threats, foreign and domestic. I swear that I will not exercise my powers in contravention of applicable laws, nor shall I exercise my powers in contravention of orders given to me by the Head Administrator, or the Council as a whole. I swear that, during a state of emergency, I shall act to ensure that the region is returned to a normal state of affairs as soon as possible. I swear that, pursuant to relevant legislation, I will act to defend the region by whatever means necessary in the absence of executive action.
(8) For the purposes of ensuring that all those officers required to take an oath are duly informed of that requirement, for all core state officers it will be beholden on the Administrators to remind those taking such offices upon election or appointment. Additionally, the Head Administrator shall inform new Administrators of their oath requirement.
ARTICLE IV- Schedule
(9) The Principle Act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with the signature of the General Secretary.
(10) Upon the coming into force of the Principal Act, all current office holders affected by Article IV will have 14 days to take the relevant Oath of Office, after which the criminal aspect of failing to do so shall come into effect.