Good day, fellows!
Most of you might not know about this, but the poll where you voted for Shangyuen as compelled by Philippinia for Local Councillor has been cancelled. It's a quite complicated story involving bribery, endorsements, trading cards, and Shangyuen leaving the region entirely.
However, Philippinia also endorses my campaign - I have much of the same policies and personality that Shangyuen did.
- I am an active RMBer, and I am on the RMB for a good amount of time every day.
- I engage in casual conversations, keeping the flow of the RMB, as well as greet and help new nations.
- I know when someone breaks the rules, and I tell them of their rule-breaking.
- I have decent poll capability (see this dispatch).
- I will make the TSP gameside a more fun place to be in.
These are some of the basic characteristics that make me worthy of being a Local Councillor, but that's not all I have to say. To find out more, please read my campaign dispatch!
Melix for Local Soviet!
Seriously, though. I am Stan Melix, Chairman of the United Socialist States of America Melicorium (I'm more widely known as "Melix", though), and I am running for a position in the Local Soviet of the Union of Southern Socialist Republics Local Council of the South Pacific.
You can navigate through different sections of this dispatch by clicking/tapping on the images below.
I first joined NationStates as Melicoria in 2016, but abandoned that nation soon after. I came back to NS on February 22, 2020 as Melicorium. The South Pacific has been my home since Melicorium's founding, and I have been an active member of its gameside community since early April (excluding a long period of slight inactivity from early August to early October) and its forumside community since early June. I ran in the July-August LC elections, and though I lost to the Merciless Queen of TSP, Auphelia, I had a strong, aggressive campaign and accumulated a good amount of votes. Immediately after the elections (on August 7), I became a member of the South Pacific Special forces, serving in the ultimate liberation of South Pacific. On October 3, I became a Legislator, and on October 10, I ranked up to Soldier in the SPSF.
Over the course of my over eight months in TSP, I have made several good friends, including Proctethia, a former Local Soviet Member Councillor. During his term, Procty did well in moderating the RMB, greeting new South Pacificans, and engaging in several conversations on the RMB a week. I am greatly inspired by him, and this is one reason I am running (and in July-August, ran) for a position in the Local Soviet Council myself.
I also may or may not be a mourning dove.
- - I will regularly check the RMB (when I'm not doing school, of course) and make sure every post follows the rules. (I already have been doing this; I just can't suppress posts. :P)
- I will happily start conversations on the RMB or pop into them. I am able to somewhat relate with most RMBers, including new South Pacificans.
- I will warmly welcome new South Pacificans by giving them the region's main guide and a fresh, cold can of Melicorian SPIT.
- - If a new South Pacifican says that they are bored or asks how they can get involved, I will happily tell them to join the Assembly or/and SPSF.
- If a new South Pacifican asks if there is war in NationStates, like many new nations do for some reason, I will tell them to join the South Pacific Special Forces and that FiHami would be happy to have them in service. (I also have been doing this.)
- While Auphelia is not able to create her famous polls, I will fill in her niche and create equally interesting polls.
- I will distribute fresh, cold Melicorian SPIT to everyone.
- - The enforcement of RMB rules is necessary for the enjoyment of everyone on the RMB.
- Every South Pacifican has the right to roleplay with their fellow South Pacificans.
- Regions have the right to determine their own government and to stay sovereign. (Well, unless they're a fascist region.) In other words, defenderism and regional sovereignty are good.
- Ice cream is better than either cake or pie. (Isn't that right, Admiral Delegate General Amerion?)
- - CAPITALISM.
- Trolling which is done just to make other people feel miserable, just because one's own life is miserable.
- Fascism, nationalism, jihadism, and the alt-right. Just plain disgusting ideologies; alt-right trolls are some of the worst trolls.
-The puny battle between supporters of cake and pie, both of which are inferior to ice cream.
1. Same reason I ran in the July elections - I'm an active RMBer, and I actually want to suppress rule-breaking posts after telling the rule-breaker about their offense, instead of having to wait for the LC to suppress it.
2. I would make a good LCer because I regularly check and post on the RMB, and I like to help new TSPers. I do not see any weakness as an LCer, but in most situations (not on the RMB, though), you never know when I cannot tell the difference between a bad joke and something offensive.
3. See this dispatch: page=dispatch/id=1445260
Additionally, I have been an active RMBer from mid-April to early August, and from early October onwards.
4. I like the happy small talk and roleplay that goes on in the RMB. I dislike excessive roleplay that is not taken Knowhere or Psomewhere else.
5. Nothing major, but I plan to create weird and interesting polls while our great tentacle goddess Auphelia cannot.
6. Ice cream is better than cake or pie.
Fellow South Pacificans, thank you for viewing my campaign. If you want a Local Soviet Member Councillor who will do his job well, can relate with the jolly people of the South Pacific, and distribute free SPIT and the Glorious Socialist Revolution to all South Pacificans, vote Melix!
If you want to talk to me or ask me questions privately, I am also on the TSP Forums and TSP Discord server if you don't want to telegram me.
TSP Forums: HOY VUX
Discord: Hoy Vux#1391
- - Change your national flag to this:
- If you are able to change your national classification (pretitle), change it to "MELIX FOR LOCAL SOVIET".
- If you are on the TSP Discord server, change your nickname to "MELIX FOR LOCAL SOVIET".
Nations of the South Pacific's RMB - especially the young nations - please support my endeavor in becoming a Local Councillor that will do his job well! Do not hesitate to do so!
You can vote for Melicorium in this poll: page=poll/p=166874
Welcome, new WA members of the South Pacific! Please support my campaign for a position in the Local Council!
(Dispatch and poll can be found above.)
VOTE MELIX FOR LOCAL SOVIET!