Melix for Local Soviet!
Seriously, though. I am Stan Melix, Chairman of the United Socialist States of America Melicorium (I'm more widely known as "Melix", though), and I am running for a position in the Local Soviet of the Union of Southern Socialist Republics Local Council of the South Pacific.
You can navigate through different sections of this dispatch by clicking/tapping on the images below.
I first joined NationStates as Melicoria in 2016, but abandoned that nation soon after. I came back to NS on February 22, 2020 as Melicorium. The South Pacific has been my home since Melicorium's founding, and I have been an active member of its gameside community since early April (excluding a long period of slight inactivity from early August to early October) and its forumside community since early June. I ran in the July-August LC elections, and though I lost to the Merciless Queen of TSP, Auphelia, I had a strong, aggressive campaign and accumulated a good amount of votes. Immediately after the elections (on August 7), I became a member of the South Pacific Special forces, serving in the ultimate liberation of South Pacific. On October 3, I became a Legislator, and on October 10, I ranked up to Soldier in the SPSF.
Over the course of my over eight months in TSP, I have made several good friends, including Proctethia, a former Local Soviet Member Councillor. During his term, Procty did well in moderating the RMB, greeting new South Pacificans, and engaging in several conversations on the RMB a week. I am greatly inspired by him, and this is one reason I am running (and in July-August, ran) for a position in the Local Soviet Council myself.
I also may or may not be a mourning dove.
- - I will regularly check the RMB (when I'm not doing school, of course) and make sure every post follows the rules. (I already have been doing this; I just can't suppress posts. :P)
- I will happily start conversations on the RMB or pop into them. I am able to somewhat relate with most RMBers, including new South Pacificans.
- I will warmly welcome new South Pacificans by giving them the region's main guide and a fresh, cold can of Melicorian SPIT.
- - If a new South Pacifican says that they are bored or asks how they can get involved, I will happily tell them to join the Assembly or/and SPSF.
- If a new South Pacifican asks if there is war in NationStates, like many new nations do for some reason, I will tell them to join the South Pacific Special Forces and that FiHami would be happy to have them in service. (I also have been doing this.)
- While Auphelia is not able to create her famous polls, I will fill in her niche and create equally interesting polls.
- I will distribute fresh, cold Melicorian SPIT to everyone.
- - The enforcement of RMB rules is necessary for the enjoyment of everyone on the RMB.
- Every South Pacifican has the right to roleplay with their fellow South Pacificans.
- Regions have the right to determine their own government and to stay sovereign. (Well, unless they're a fascist region.) In other words, defenderism and regional sovereignty are good.
- Ice cream is better than either cake or pie. (Isn't that right, Admiral Delegate General Amerion?)
- - CAPITALISM.
- Trolling which is done just to make other people feel miserable, just because one's own life is miserable.
- Fascism, nationalism, jihadism, and the alt-right. Just plain disgusting ideologies; alt-right trolls are some of the worst trolls.
-The puny battle between supporters of cake and pie, both of which are inferior to ice cream.
1. Same reason I ran in the July elections - I'm an active RMBer, and I actually want to suppress rule-breaking posts after telling the rule-breaker about their offense, instead of having to wait for the LC to suppress it.
2. I would make a good LCer because I regularly check and post on the RMB, and I like to help new TSPers. I do not see any weakness as an LCer, but in most situations (not on the RMB, though), you never know when I cannot tell the difference between a bad joke and something offensive.
3. See this dispatch:
Citizen: February 23, 2020 - present
Trainee, South Pacific Special Forces: August 7 - October 10, 2020
Legislator, Assembly of the South Pacific: October 3, 2020 - present
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces: October 10, 2020 - present
Officer-in-Training, South Pacific Special Forces: December 29, 2020 - present
Member, Commission on Laws: January 19, 2021 - March 1, 2021
Tidal Force Coordinator: March 31, 2021 - present
Staff, Ministry of Culture: April 6, 2021 - present
Local Councillor: April 9, 2021 - present
Citizen: February 9, 2021 - present
Staff, Department of Internal Affairs: February 11, 2021 - present
Staff, Department of Cultural Affairs: February 20, 2021 - present
Praetor of Internal Affairs: March 19, 2021 - present
Additionally, I have been an active RMBer from mid-April to early August, and from early October onwards.
4. I like the happy small talk and roleplay that goes on in the RMB. I dislike excessive roleplay that is not taken Knowhere or Psomewhere else.
5. Nothing major, but I plan to create weird and interesting polls while our great tentacle goddess Auphelia cannot.
6. Ice cream is better than cake or pie.
Fellow South Pacificans, thank you for viewing my campaign. If you want a Local Soviet Member Councillor who will do his job well, can relate with the jolly people of the South Pacific, and distribute free SPIT and the Glorious Socialist Revolution to all South Pacificans, vote Melix!
If you want to talk to me or ask me questions privately, I am also on the TSP Forums and TSP Discord server if you don't want to telegram me.
TSP Forums: HOY VUX
Discord: Hoy Vux#1391
- - Change your national flag to this:
- If you are able to change your national classification (pretitle), change it to "MELIX FOR LOCAL SOVIET".
- If you are on the TSP Discord server, change your nickname to "MELIX FOR LOCAL SOVIET".
Early on December 2, 2020, Melicorium discovered Local Councillor Volaworand's intentions for keeping Chair of the Assembly Purple Hyacinth locked in his Antarctic glacier lair for about a day.
Purple Hyacinth is a prominent figure in the "t-Rebellion", which supports the fact that the first "t" in "the South Pacific" is officially lowercase. This capitalization is correct because while, say, "The South Pacific is awesome!" employs appealing capitalization, something like "Welcome to the South Pacific!" does not.
Volaworand threatened to keep Purple Hyacinth captive until the t-Rebellion backs down - however, I decided not to, and made the choice to fight for the righteous capitalization. I broke into the glacier lair and turned off its nuclear reactor, while Tuzla678 shot Volaworand dead. The lair eventually floated to the surface, and the Chair was rescued by a response team from an unknown nation.
This just shows an example that Melix will fight for what is right - he supports the glorious t-Rebellion, as well as the institution of the Local Soviet Council itself and the South Pacific Special Forces (which you can join here!), which all work for the greater good. Thus, Melix works for the greater good as a soldier in the SPSF and as a t-Rebel, and will work for the greater good as a Local Soviet Member Councillor.
MELIX FOR LOCAL SOVIET!
The Panceltic Federation is one of my three personal regions, originally created as Panceltica's residence, and currently meant for garrisoning storing my glorious foot soldier regiments R/D switchers when they are not in active service (which has never been done :P). Most of my polls have come from this region.
"How did you name your nation?"
I wondered how NationStaters named their nations, so I created this poll. I may or may not have named Melicorium after myself and I may or may not have added or removed several letters from my last name to coin the name.
"What is your gender?"
I somewhat ripped off the idea of this poll from this other poll made by the widely acclaimed Goddess of Polls Auphelia. My poll does have a difference: I recognized the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter and garlic bread as genders. Apparently, about two-fifths of all NationStaters identify as either of them.
"What do you think about Fascism?"
I wanted to make sure that everyone is against the decadency known as fascism. Unfortunately, one fifth of NationStaters support the disgusting ideology, and they must be wiped off the face of the Earth.
"Pick the wrong option, and you will be shot to death."
Possibly the strangest poll I have made to this day. The said wrong option was The great parkguinius, since he is a ceased-to-exist nation. As a result, I shot Shangyuen, Proctethia, and Laamiva to death.
"What is the best type of bird?"
There are several types of birds that can be found in the South Pacific, so I let NationStaters decide which species is the best. The phoenix won, and deserved to win (FiHami is an awesome person ^_^).
"Finish the sentence!"
I had then recently discovered the Assumption Song, and it stuck in my head for a good two weeks. Four NationStaters have watched the song at least once, and seven had a dirty-enough mind to think that the lyrics after those given in this description were the ones listed in the last option.
"Would "This Land Is Your Land" work as a national anthem?"
This was back when Melicorium's canon was definitely an alternate history version of the United States of America. The results were somewhat expected, as I estimate that about half of all NationStaters live outside of the United States.
"Who do you think is Melicorium's best friend (on NS)?"
I do not believe in the concept of best friends, but I guess I was bored and decided to make this poll. The voters decided that I am best friends with a person other than one of those listed beforehand on the poll, that person (or more like these people) being the voters' mothers. O.o
Artificial Solar System is famous for being the jump point of Libcord, a loose alliance of defender, independent, and unaligned R/D organizations, including the defender South Pacific Special Forces, headquartered in a high-security Discord server whose mission is to defend regions from raiders and clear raided regions of invader presence. Every once in a while, one of my glorious infantry regiments switchers becomes the WA Delegate of this interregional defender barracks by some lucky chance, and most of the time, I decide to create a poll.
"Who is the MOST POG MILITARY COMMANDER OF ALL TIME?"
Self-explanatory. Spoiler alert: the one and only correct answer is FiHami. TSP misses you, Phoenix <3 :>
"Who is the best presiding officer of any regional legislature on NationStates?"
Also self-explanatory, and is probably my most corrupt-minded poll to date. Spoiler alert: the one and only correct answer is Purple Hyacinth. You're an awesome Chair of the Assembly, Hya <3 :>
"What is your favorite color?"
Probably the most frequent question that you were asked by other children when you were a child. Blue and red expectedly got the most votes, as these two colors are often pitted against each other in different contexts.
I also made a poll where you had to form a letter of the English alphabet, but Varanius deleted it after I explicitly told him not to. This caused me to make a poll in The Flowerpot, one of Hya's regions, entitled "Make any letter".
Melix has poll capability!
One of my promises is that I will create polls at least on par (in terms of being interesting) with those made by the great Mother of Polls, Auphelia. If she does not make an interesting poll on time, you can trust me to do exactly that so that y'all can continue to be entertained.
A vote for Melix is a vote for interesting polls!
VOTE MELIX 2021!
-Melicorium (One of my two main nations; the South Pacific)
-The Weekly Pedian
-New Melicorium (One of my two main nations; Inferno Stellaria)
-USS Border Control
Foot soldier regiments:
-MNA 1st Infantry Regiment to MNA 50th Infantry Regiment
-MNA 1st Special Forces Regiment to MNA 25th Special Forces Regiment
-MNN 1st Naval Infantry Regiment to MNN 15th Naval Infantry Regiment
-MNAF 1st Airborne Forces Regiment to MNAF 10th Airborne Forces Regiment
Roles in other regions:
-Melicorian Puppets (no longer exists)
-Ezekiluwa (no longer exists)
*Ezekiluwa (Regional officer)
*New Melicorium (Regional officer)
*Ezekiluwa (Regional officer)
*New Melicorium (Internal Affairs staff, Cultural Affairs staff, Praetor of Internal Affairs)
*Oxalic Acid (Regional officer)
-United Socialist States of America
*USS Border Control (Regional officer)