Year 18 | 15 October 2020
BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR TWICE-BAKED POTATOES
Charles Boyle | Food Editor
Twice-baked you say? Yes! These stuffed potatoes are exactly what you were waiting for. Your Chef's Tip for today? Once ready, you can store them in your fridge for up to 4 days.
4 medium-sized potatoes
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups of chopped cooked broccoli
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1/4 cup of buttermilk
3 1/2 tablespoons of soft butter
1 teaspoon of olive oil
3/4 teaspoon of chives
3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon of dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour or until soft in an oven preheated to 204ēC (400ēF), then set aside to cool.
2. Slice each potato in half, lengthwise.
3. Scoop out the pulp and place it in a large bowl, leaving the skins intact.
4. Rub the outside of the potato skins with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Mash the potato pulp with the butter until it's fairly smooth.
6. Mix in with the mashed potatoes the remaining ingredients, except for 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.
7. Divide the filling evenly among the potato skins, then top with the remaining cheese.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted in an oven preheated to 204ēC (400ēF).
The South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN) is an independent news organisation established in 2003 with the goal of providing good, insightful and timely commentary on regional events for the citizens of the South Pacific. Recipes shared in this publication presume personal responsibility or adult supervision in the kitchen, as well as adherence to local laws. Content is published via pseudonyms. The SPINN is not associated with the Government of the South Pacific.