Year 18 | 05 August 2020
AMAZING FORGOTTEN CHICKEN
Charles Boyle | Food Editor
Even in the warmer months it can get wet and gross out - try this recipe for comfort and yumminess! Your Chef's Tip for today? Always check your oven to make sure it is empty before you turn it on.
2 cups of Minute rice
1 can of cream of broccoli soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of water (you can use one of the soup cans)
1 tablespoon of butter
1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix
0.5 kilograms (1 pound) of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1. Use the butter to grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Mix the soups, the water and the rice in a medium bowl.
3. Pour the mixture into the buttered pan.
4. Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top of the chicken breasts and place them on top of the mixture from the previous step.
5. Cover the pan with foil and place it in an oven preheated at 177ēC or 350ēF.
6. Cook for about 60-90 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
The South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN) is an independent news organisation established in 2003 with the goal of providing good, insightful and timely commentary on regional events for the citizens of the South Pacific. Recipes shared in this publication presume personal responsibility or adult supervision in the kitchen, as well as adherence to local laws. Content is published via pseudonyms. The SPINN is not associated with the Government of the South Pacific.