Good, Insightful and Timely | Year 18 | 01 August 2020
SOUTH PACIFIC INDEPENDENT NEWS NETWORK
JALAPEÑO POPPER TAQUITOS
These two-bite Jalapeño Popper Taquitos are made with only 4 ingredients. They are great for parties and quick and simple to make! Your Chef's Tip for today? Roll the taquitos quickly, before the mozzarella cheese hardens.
• 1/2 cup of softened cream cheese
• 1/4 cup of diced pickled jalapeños
• 1/4 cup of shredded Havarti cheese
• 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 204ºC (400ºF).
2. Mix the cream cheese with the jalapeños and the Havarti cheese.
3. Warm the mixture in a microwave for 25-30 seconds.
4. Cut the slices of mozzarella cheese in half, then place them onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake the mozzarella cheese for 4-5 minutes or until the edges are golden brown; then let it cool for 1-2 minutes.
6. Flip the cheese slices upside down, then place a few spoonfuls of the jalapeño cream cheese mixture on the edge of each shell.
7. Tighly roll each shell into a cigar shape to form your taquito.
If you like this recipe, make sure to try it and share a photo of your result!
The South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN) is an independent news organisation established in 2003 whose goal is to provide good news, insightful commentary and timely information for the citizens of the South Pacific. Recipes shared in its publications presume personal responsibility or adult supervision in the kitchen, as well as adherence to local laws. The opinions expressed in this publication do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editorial Board. Content is published anonymously, unless is the author requests otherwise. The SPINN is in no way, shape or form associated with the Government of the South Pacific.