Good, Insightful and Timely | Year 18 | 17 July 2020
SOUTH PACIFIC INDEPENDENT NEWS NETWORK
It's soft, sweet and warm. The perfect dessert for a cold afternoon, here's SPINN's recipe for rice pudding. Your Chef's Tip for today? The rice should be soft, so it's better to err on the side of adding more water when cooking it.
• 200 grams of rice
• 10 cloves
• 1 cinnamon straw
• 1 litre of water
• 400 grams of evaporated milk
• 400 grams of condensed milk
• 1 teaspon of vanilla extract
1. Cook the rice with the water, the cloves and the cinnamon straw.
2. Once the rice is cooked, remove the cloves and the cinnamon, keep cooking at medium heat, add the evaporated milk and keep stirring.
3. Once the evaporated milk is consumed, add the condensed milk and the vanilla extract, then stir until well incorporated.
If you like this recipe, make sure to try it and share a photo of your result!
The South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN) is an independent news organisation established in 2003 whose goal is to provide good news, insightful commentary and timely information for the citizens of the South Pacific. Recipes shared in its publications presume personal responsibility or adult supervision in the kitchen, as well as adherence to local laws. The opinions expressed in this publication do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editorial Board. Content is published anonymously, unless is the author requests otherwise. The SPINN is in no way, shape or form associated with the Government of the South Pacific.