Good, Insightful and Timely | Year 18 | 03 July 2020
SOUTH PACIFIC INDEPENDENT NEWS NETWORK
Boiled potatoes, a custard-like dressing and your mayo of choice. What's not to like about a good, homemade potato salad? Your Chef's Tip for today? Salt and sugar quantities are referential; always add them to taste.
• 4 extra large potatoes
• 4 slices of bacon
• 2 eggs, beaten lightly
• 1/4 cup of sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 cup of milk or cream
• 1/4 cup of white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1. Boil the potatoes; make sure they have been rinsed, but not peeled.
2. Peel the potatoes -this should be easy, once they are boiled- and cut them into chunks.
3. Fry the bacon to your desired crispiness and set aside. Do not drain the pan.
4. Mix in a bowl the beaten eggs, the sugar, the salt, the milk or cream and the white vinegar.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan with the bacon grease, cooking on low heat and stirring until you obtain a custard consistency.
6. Crumble up the bacon and add to your mix.
7. Add the mix to the potatoes and let it cool.
8. Add in mayonnaise and mix, once the potato salad has cooled.
If you like this recipe, make sure to try it and share a photo of your result!
The South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN) is an independent news organisation established in 2003 whose goal is to provide good news, insightful commentary and timely information for the citizens of the South Pacific. Recipes shared in its publications presume personal responsibility or adult supervision in the kitchen, as well as adherence to local laws. The opinions expressed in this publication do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editorial Board. Content is published anonymously, unless is the author requests otherwise. The SPINN is in no way, shape or form associated with the Government of the South Pacific.