Good, Insightful and Timely | Year 18 | 26 June 2020
SOUTH PACIFIC INDEPENDENT NEWS NETWORK
Melted cheese, hot tomato sauce and whatever toppings you want. Pizza is a classic dish that anyone can make. There are many recipes that you can use, but here's our own recipe for an 8-slice pizza. Your Chef's Tip for today? Let the dough take its time to rise before kneading.
200 grams (1.5 cups) of all-purpose flour
125 mililitres (0.5 cup) of water
26 mililitres (2 tbsp) of olive oil
9.5 grams (1 tbsp) of instant dry yeast
1.5 grams (1 tbsp) of sweetener
3.5 grams (0.5 tsp) of salt
Tomato sauce (at taste)
Grated mozzarella cheese (at taste)
1. Mix the dry ingredients.
2. Add the wet ingredients and mix until you form a dough.
3. Leave the dough in an oiled bowl, covered, to rest for 50-100 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven at 180ēC (356ēF).
5. Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until it is soft and doesn't stick. Add some flour is necessary.
6. Roll and shape the dough on your tray or stone.
7. Let the pizza cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. Take the pizza out of the oven and add the tomato sauce, grated mozzarella cheese and toppings of choice, in that order.
9. Put the pizza back in the oven and let it cook for another 15 minutes.
If you like this recipe, make sure to try it and share a photo of your result!
The South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN) is an independent news organisation established in 2003 whose goal is to provide good news, insightful commentary and timely information for the citizens of the South Pacific. Recipes shared in its publications presume personal responsibility or adult supervision in the kitchen, as well as adherence to local laws. The opinions expressed in this publication do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editorial Board. Content is published anonymously, unless is the author requests otherwise. The SPINN is in no way, shape or form associated with the Government of the South Pacific.