Русский | About | Contact Us⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
KRA Royal Romanovan Airlines
KRA Royal Romanovan Airlines (Korolevski Romanovski Avialinii) is the flag carrier airline of Romanovskaya. Founded by the Romanovan government, it was privatised between 1986 and 1995 and it is now wholly owned by KRA Group. The airline's head office is on the grounds of Seleznyovo International Airport, north of Vyborg, Romanovskaya. It operates scheduled services to destinations in Europe, North Africa, the Mediterranean and Middle East with additional charter and seasonal services. It is Romanovskaya's only passenger-carrying airline offering regular, non-charter service.
KRA Royal Romanovan Airlines was setup by the Romanovan state in 1937 under the direction of Sergei Skobelev (then Minister of Transport, would later become Prime Minister) to meet the growing demand for air links between Vyborg and other European cities. The government of the day also developed the then Seleznyovo Airfield and converted into a fully fledged airport following the extension of the runway and the construction of a terminal. In 1938, KRA Royal Romanovan Airlines began flights by launching a Nidaros-Vyborg route with a Fokker F27 Friendship.
By 1967, KRA's fleet consisted of three Fokker F27 Friendships and one Vickers Viscount. The latter was written off in a non-fatal accident in 1969 and replaced the following year by the airline's first jet airliner, a Sud Aviation Caravelle. The first Boeing aircraft, a 737–200, joined the fleet in 1977.
Over the years, KRA gradually introduced further jet aircraft: Boeing 747SPs (for routes to the United States), Boeing 737–400s and Boeing 737–500s; as well as Fokker 50 turboprops and Embraer jets.
In March 2003, KRA ordered two new Boeing 737–700s to replace its older Boeing aircraft. The first of the new aircraft was delivered on 18 February 2004. A third aircraft was ordered in August 2003 and delivered in January 2005.
In an effort to move to an all-jet fleet, the last Fokker 50 aircraft was withdrawn from service in April 2005. The rising cost of oil made operating regional jets increasingly difficult. To lessen its exposure, KRA decided to reintroduce turboprop aircraft, and in June 2006 it signed a firm order with Bombardier Aerospace for three Dash 8-Q400s, plus three options. The last of the three aircraft was delivered in September 2007. Two additional Q400s were ordered later.
In October 2008, KRA decided to place an order for its first Bombardier CRJ1000. This aircraft replaced the last Boeing 737–500 in KRA's fleet and facilitated KRA's offer on its holiday destinations. In 2012 KRA carried 1,302,771 passengers.
As of February 2020, 85% of the business is owned by KRA Group, which along with owning KRA Royal Romanovan Airlines also owns several other travel industries in Romanovskaya. RGT Group own the remaining 15%.
The key trends for the KRA Royal Romanovan Airlines over recent years are shown below (as at year ending 31 December):
Net Profit ($m)
Number of Employees (average)
Number of Passengers (m)
Passenger Load Factor (%)
Cargo carried (tons)(000s)
Number of aircraft (at year end)
De Havilland Dash 8-400
KRA Royal Romanovan Airlines livery displayed on a Bombardier CRJ1000
All Rights Reserved © Ministry of Finance | Principality of Romanovskaya
Face claims are used just for appearance. The individuals in the images are in no way associated with this page nor are the stories told on this page a reflection on the current real-life situation regarding said individuals.