WHEREAS the signatories, are cognizant of their common security interests as game-created regions; and
WHEREAS the signatories wish to develop closer ties with one another through continued discussions, as well as the undertakings set forth herein;
THEREFORE, the signatories agree as follows:
Article 1 - Diplomatic Recognition
1. The signatories recognise the constitutional governments in force at the time of ratification of this treaty, and any successors established according to each region's domestic legal standards, as the sole legitimate governments of their respective home regions.
2. The signatories will ensure continuing diplomatic relations with each other in the form of NationStates and forum embassies.
Article 2- Mutual Defence
1. The signatories agree not to engage in any military hostilities against one another.
2. The signatories will not attempt to overthrow one another.
3. The signatories shall defend one another, to the best of their ability, and at the request of the other signatory.
4. Military operations where the signatories are involved in opposite sides shall not be construed as acts of hostility or aggression unless they result in a violation of a provision of this Treaty.
5. The signatories will assist each other during lawful delegate transitions at the request of the other signatory.
Article 3- Intelligence Sharing
1. The signatories shall provide information to their counterpart's World Assembly Delegate which is pertinent to the other region's security or well-being, unless the signatory in possession of such intelligence reasonably believes that doing so would violate applicable laws or contravene the terms of service for NationStates or said signatory's forum provider, or when revealing that information would unduly compromise that party's source(s) of information. If this intelligence relates to actions of the other signatory's Delegate, then it will be provided to the Security Council for The North Pacific, or to the Citizenship Council of The Rejected Realms.
2. The signatories will keep confidential all intelligence provided to them under this Article, unless the other signatory consents to the release.
3. The signatories will not in any way, direct or indirect, initiate or participate in espionage, subterfuge, or other clandestine operations against one another. For this purpose, a "clandestine operation" is one or more persons acting under false pretenses in one signatory's home region or regional forum, without that signatory's knowledge, and at the direction of the other signatory.
Article 4 - Cultural Cooperation
1. The signatories shall endeavour to conduct communal cultural activities, to the benefit of members of both regions.
Article 5 - Communication
1. Should a security-related contingency arise in another feeder or sinker, or a mutual ally, the signatories will notify each other about their respective positions on the matter.
Article 6 - General Provisions and Dissolution
1. This treaty will come into effect upon its ratification by the duly authorised individuals or bodies of both signatories.
2. This treaty may be amended by concurrent resolution of both parties' authorised legislative authorities.
3. Upon ratification, this treaty will be the sole treaty between the signatories, superseding any prior written documents describing a relationship between the signatories.
4. Either signatory may terminate this treaty with a public notice to the other signatory, effective after seven days.
5. The signatories will make all reasonable efforts to seek a diplomatic solution before withdrawing from this treaty.
Delegate of The North Pacific
Delegate of The Rejected Realms
The Rejected Realms Army considers itself bound by the military and intelligence obligations imposed on The Rejected Realms by Article 2 and Article 3 of this treaty for as long as The Rejected Realms is bound by this treaty.
High Commander of The Rejected Realms Army
This dispatch is updated automatically on a daily basis. Please do not edit manually.