In this issue we look at my recipe for strawberry lemonade. Strawberry lemonade is the special blend of sweet and sour that is perfect for the summer heat, or any time really. Connoisseurs such as myself have sampled many brands and varieties of the this euphoric elixir but when you make it yourself you can control the exact amount of tart :P
- 1 bowl of strawberries (or 1.5 cups)
- 4-5 lemons
- 1/2 to one cup of sugar
- 3-4 cups water
- Ice cubes
Alternative or Optional Additional Ingredients:
- 5-6 scoops of strawberry ice cream (if you want to make a strawberry lemonade shake instead)
- Vodka (if you are of age and want a special touch)
Steps to a Refreshing Drink!
1. Wash strawberries thoroughly and remove stems
2. Peel and juice your lemons. My favorite tip (for those of us with issues squeezing) from a tutorial is to use tongs to help squeeze every last drop out.
3. Put strawberries, half the sugar and one cup water into the blender. Blend and taste
4. Add half the lemon juice and taste test to check the sweetness\tartness.
5. If desired, add the remaining sugar and\or lemon juice and blend until the consistency (pulpiness) is to your taste.
6. Add ice cubes and serve OR chill in the refrigerator for later consumption.
7. Enjoy :)
Experiment with flavors and textures to find what really gets your palette going.