The North Pacific (TNP) and Europe have engaged in discussions about the natural alliance between the two regions, and how to deepen it; and
TNP and Europe wish to develop closer ties with one another through continued discussions, as well as the treaty undertakings set forth herein;
THEREFORE, TNP and Europe agree as follows:
Section I - Establishment
1. The signatories will recognize the constitutional governments in force at the time of ratification of this treaty, and any legally enacted successor governments, as the sole legitimate governments of their respective regions.
2. The signatories agree to maintain both on- and off-site embassies with each other.
Section II - Mutual Defence
1. The signatories agree not to engage in any military hostilities against one another.
2. The signatories will not attempt to overthrow one another.
3. The signatories shall defend one another, to the best of their ability, and at the request of the other signatory.
Section III - Intelligence Undertakings
1. Neither TNP nor Europe will send spies to the other. A "spy" is a person acting under false pretenses in one region, without that region's knowledge, at the direction of the other region's legitimate government.
2. TNP and Europe each shall provide information to the other if such information is pertinent to the other region's security or well-being, or otherwise upon the other's reasonable request, unless the party in possession of such information reasonably believes that providing that information: (1) might violate applicable laws or contravene the terms of service for NationStates or the region's forum provider or (2) unduly compromise that party's source(s) of information. Both signatories shall endeavor to reveal as much as possible in such situations, but not more than they can under laws, terms of service or the need to protect sources.
3. TNP and Europe will each make it a violation of their internal laws to spy on the other, if a similar or related law to the same effect does not already exist. To the extent permitted by each region's laws, this section shall be self-executing.
Section IV - Cooperation Undertakings
1. The parties will support resolutions proposed by members of the other party in the General Assembly by a Delegate vote in favor as soon as possible so long as:
a. the other party publicly registers the request sufficiently in advance by informing the Delegate of the requested region;
b. accommodates any limitations as to when the Delegate may be available to vote; and
c. a plurality of active WA members in the Delegate's region do not thereafter object to the resolution while it is at vote.
2. The signatories shall endeavor to cooperate on cultural activities, to the benefit of the people of both signatories, and to promote their shared ideals and visions.
Section V - General Provisions
1. This treaty will come into effect upon its ratification by the duly authorized individuals or bodies of both the signatories.
2. This treaty may be amended by concurrent resolution of both parties' authorised legislative authorities.
3. Either signatory will endeavor to give a week's notice in the aforementioned embassies before withdrawing from this treaty.
4. The signatories will make all reasonable efforts to seek a diplomatic solution before withdrawing from this treaty.
This dispatch is updated automatically on a daily basis. Please do not edit manually.