This proposal is intended to create rules in regards to territorial expansion in RP, in an effort to ensure that no future conflicts occur and to keep the RP fair.
• Expansion Rules.
1. - Nations may only colonize up to two real life nations.
2. - Colonies may only be on one other continent. (Example: Nation [Tropico] is located in Europe and wants a colony in Africa, they must not colonize outside of Africa.)
3. - In order to expand into uncharted space, and establish colonies, you must first state where you are expanding to and then confirm that no one currently claims that territory.
4. - An expansion RP can only take 1 real life nation at a time.
5. - Be realistic you cannot just take an unclaimed territory without any resistance.
6. - After you establish a colony/colonies, you must wait at least a week before you can expand again.
7. - Colonies take time to develop, no instant cities, bases or friendly governments.
8. - Expansion takes multiple posts that aren't just one-liners.
9. - The most important rule, period! If a new nation to OEU wishes to claim a map spot on your colony you must let that nation take the territory. There is nothing worse than a new nation joining OEU and leaving because the were told that territory [Example: Iran] is a colony and can't be taken.
• Punishments for rule violations.
1. - If a nation violates rules 1-8 their RP shall be considered null and void.
2. - If a nation violates rule 9 they will be subject to having their map spot terminated for a length of time determined by the RP manager.