World Assembly Resolutions
Since the rise of the World Assembly from the ashes of its predecessor, the Bureaucracy That Cannot Be Named, WA member nations have worked tirelessly to improve the standard of the world. That, or tried to force other nations to be more like them. But that's just semantics.
Below is every World Assembly resolution ever passed.
General Assembly Resolution # 467
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.
Category: Civil Rights
Proposed by: Morover
The World Assembly, by the advice and consent of the delegates and member nations thereof, and by the authority of the same, hereby:
Submits the following as fact:
Transgender and gender non-binary people are real.
Their experiences are not the product of "mental illness," "confusion," "disease," or anything of the sort -- rather, their understanding of their relationship to the world in the lens of gender does not correspond with their biological sex.
Their first-hand accounts of this understanding are real; each person is in the best position to understand and discern their own gender identity.
Any distress arising from this real disconnect between sex and gender is referred to as gender dysphoria -- like any mental condition, it ought to be treated.
Further, it ought to be treated in a manner that respects the fundamental facts: that transgender and non-binary individuals' experiences are real, and that their gender identity is not the same as their birth sex.
One such way to resolve the distress is through hormone therapy, and the choice to pursue or not to pursue such treatment ought to rest firmly in the hands of the individual, rather than in the hands of the state.
Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, "hormone therapy" as a medical treatment involving the use of naturally occurring hormones for the purpose of altering one's secondary sex characteristics to more accurately reflect their gender identity,
Requires all member-states to legalize hormone therapy for all consenting individuals,
Requires all member-states to have an affordable, easy-to-access way for its transgender population to access hormone therapy,
Forbids any member-state from denying a transgender person access to hormone therapy as a punishment or as part of a punishment for a crime,
Forbids any member-state from forcing an individual to undergo hormone therapy.
Co-Authored by United Massachusetts
General Assembly Resolution # 468
A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.
Category: Social Justice
Proposed by: Christian Democrats
The General Assembly,
Persuaded that prisons should aim to reduce recidivism rates and to perform their functions at the lowest possible costs to the public that are consistent with the dignity of inmates,
Recognizing that capitalism promotes and that business enterprises pursue the acquisition of repeat customers and the maximization of profits,
Deeply concerned that capitalism, in the context of prisons, creates perverse incentives to increase recidivism rates (more repeat customers) and to increase public expenditures on prisons (greater profit maximization), contrary to legitimate penological goals and the general welfare,
1. Defines a "prison" as a prison, penitentiary, jail, jailhouse, or other correctional or detention center that holds and houses, on a permanent or long-term basis, individuals who have been convicted of crimes and are serving criminal sentences;
2. Further defines a "private prison" as a prison that is entirely owned and operated or primarily owned and operated by a nongovernmental corporation, a private individual, or any other private actor or actors;
3. Requires all member states and their political subdivisions, within two calendar years of this resolution's passage and in perpetuity thereafter, to discontinue their use of private prisons for the incarceration of individuals convicted of crimes and serving criminal sentences;
4. Recommends that member states and political subdivisions, lacking a sufficient number of public prisons, implement Section 3 of this resolution by using the power of eminent domain to transfer prisons from private hands to public ownership (i.e., nationalization);
5. Clarifies that this resolution shall not be construed to extend to home detention, private probation, supervised release, halfway houses, and other similar practices, making use of private properties or private actors, in the criminal justice system;
6. Further clarifies that this resolution shall not be construed to prohibit member states and their political subdivisions from contracting with private actors for the provision to prisons of goods and services, such as public utilities, foodstuffs, and health services, that are incidental to prison ownership and operation; and
7. Declares that member states and their political subdivisions, notwithstanding Section 3 of this resolution, may use private facilities and private actors for imprisonment on a temporary basis, but only when it is necessary for the safety, health, or welfare of prisoners -- e.g., an emergency evacuation before a hurricane requires a prison warden to relocate his prison population to a private facility that is located inland.
General Assembly Resolution # 469
A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.
Category: Social Justice
Proposed by: Kenmoria
The World Assembly,
Noting that many organisations that grow, prepare, sell or distribute food unnecessarily waste their product because a greater amount of stock is ordered than is sold, causing the excess food to go to waste,
Further acknowledging that retailers and wholesalers may refuse to purchase fruit and vegetables if they are considered aesthetically unpleasing, regardless of their actual quality or nutritional value,
Worried for the many negative effects of the aforementioned food wastage on WA member states and their populations, including:
harming the environment, due to the production of the greenhouse gas methane, the wastage of the fresh water that was used to create discarded products and the attraction of pestilence and vermin to rotting food,
forcing a rise in the prices of food, because of a lack of supply caused by wastage between initial production and final sale, resulting in serious negative consequences for the price of living,
robbing poorer citizens of member nations of the possibility to eat the perfectly edible food, safe for sapient consumption, that is thrown away unnecessarily,
squandering the energy used to store and distribute the discarded food, thus increasing power demand unnecessarily, and
wasting the labour that was used to create said food products, which could otherwise have been allocated towards goods and services that would have ultimately been used for the betterment of member nations,
Concerned over the quantities of food that unintentionally expire due to improper or incorrect stock rotation, and
Regretting that action has not been taken by this august assembly to reduce unnecessary food wastage, and thus lend assistance to both the environments and citizens of member nations who are hurt by the discarding of edible food,
1. Strongly encourages member nations to create local initiatives that seek to prevent the overproduction and disposal of viable and edible food, including but not limited to food banks and charities;
2. Commands member nations to inform their citizens about how to properly save and store leftovers for future consumption;
3. Obliges food producers and transporters with minimising the amount of food that, having been produced or brought, is thrown away without a compelling health or safety purpose, as far as is reasonably possible;
4. Mandates member nations to repurpose a reasonable amount of food surpluses into appropriate environmentally, socially or economically viable programs, such as: diverting food scraps to animal feed, composting inedible food to create nutrient-rich soil, or using waste oils from food for fuel conversion in order to recover lost energy in industry;
5. Orders member states to divert a reasonable proportion of their wasted food, if assuredly edible and safe for sapient consumption, to feeding those who are unable to procure food for themselves or their family, either internally or in the form of foreign aid. This may be accomplished directly or via reputable charities;
6. Extends the authority of the International Food Welfare Organisation to include:
researching into: the causes of food wastage, the reduction of this waste, the ways in which uneaten food can be reused, and the points at which foodstuffs become unsafe for sapient consumption,
publishing this data for the benefit of member nations governments, food producers and businesses, food charities such as foodbanks, and the general citizens of member states populations,
lending aid, in the form of donations from the World Assembly General Fund as well as research, to food charities that have proven virtuous conduct and use techniques of strong efficacy to minimise wastage and maximise reuse, and
likewise giving monetary aid to member nations - this shall be used only accomplish the reduction of unnecessary foodwastage, either directly or indirectly;
7. Requires all businesses in member nations to take every reasonable step to reduce the amount of safely-consumable food and drink that is discarded, and implement stock rotation techniques that minimise product expiry, if not already in use; and
8. Compels member nations to implement techniques that minimise food wastage, based on the research published by the International Food Wastage Organisation, where doing so would not be harmful to sapient health, objectively inferior to current methods, extremely expensive, or excessively difficult to accomplish in a reasonable time frame;
where a member state is unable to implement techniques within a reasonable time frame from the IFWO solely due to resource or technology constraints, it must implement them as soon as it is able to do so.
Coauthored by Australian rePublic and Dmitry II.
Security Council Resolution # 285
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.
Nominee: The New Inquisition
The Security Council:
Acknowledging that The New Inquisition is currently dormant, but recognizing the possibility The New Inquisition could rise again to pose a threat to other regions;
Denouncing The New Inquisition for pursuing imperialism through acts of duplicitous subversion, unprovoked aggression, and wanton destruction against peaceful, sovereign regional communities throughout the world, including as a constituent region of the former United Imperial Armed Forces (UIAF);
Reproaching The New Inquisition for once establishing a formal alliance with The Black Riders and maintaining a close military partnership with The Black Hawks, both previously condemned by this Security Council for their acts of regional destruction, acts at times supported by The New Inquisition;
Rebuking The New Inquisition for the following deplorable offenses against interregional peace and goodwill:
Support for and formal alliance with the Empire, a rogue regime led by Lady Phedre, which perpetrated a more than four month long coup d'etat against the constitutional government of The East Pacific;
Declaration of war against The North Pacific to support allies the Empire and Gatesville, which had also declared war against The North Pacific;
Occupation of Belgium to use as a staging ground for invasion of the Rejected Realms, the latter invasion including the use of involuntary conscripts forced to participate without their knowledge or consent;
Subversion of the community and government of Lazarus by a senior official of The New Inquisition, without censure from the government of The New Inquisition, ultimately resulting in the expulsion of this official and other citizens of The New Inquisition from Lazarus;
Support for the Imperium -- a rogue regime led by The dourian embassy, which at the time was controlled by a puppet government answerable to Nevadar and Durkadurkiranistan ii of Gatesville Inc, and which perpetrated a one month long coup d'etat against the constitutional government of Osiris -- providing significant military support and strategic data to deliberately prolong the coup;
Termination of an alliance with the South Pacific due to ratification of a treaty of mutual defense between the South Pacific and the Rejected Realms, which at the time had a chilling effect on the sovereign right of other prominent allies of The New Inquisition to formalize alliances with Lazarus and the Rejected Realms;
Assertion of illegitimate claims to sovereignty over Concosia to rationalize war against the United Defenders League (UDL), following attempts by the UDL to liberate Concosia from forced colonization by The New Inquisition;
Use of wars against the FRA and the UDL to rationalize invasion and occupation of countless regions throughout the world, often with little or no actual connection to the FRA or the UDL, including but by no means limited to the following regions that have previously endured UIAF occupation: The True Rebirth, Middle Earth, New Zealand, Australia, Slavia, Scotland, Slavya, Canada, and Eastern Europe;
Declaring The New Inquisition to be among the most belligerent and dangerous regions in world history, and desiring to place an enduring censure upon the actions of its bellicose, imperialist regime;
Hereby Condemns The New Inquisition.
Security Council Resolution # 286
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.
The Security Council;
Iterating that North East Somerset has been an active forceoften working behind the scenesthat has striven since first appearing in 2004 to accomplish many nefarious deeds for the gain of their Imperialist and raider allies.
Observing that the first notable contribution to the world by North East Somerset, through their satellite nation Praedonia, was the co-founder of the raiding region the New DEN, which was born of their view that the previous iteration of DEN was one riddled with disorganized leadership and feeble security. The replacement of the original enacted many destructive raids on innocent regions.
Disturbed by the nature of the particular positions which have been held by North East Somerset in numerous raider or Imperialist regions and organizations, including but not limited to:
Prince and Kaiser Consort, Intelligence Director, and member of the Military Council of The New Inquisition, an infamous Imperialist region known for many shocking acts detailed herein.
King of Great Britain and Ireland, a region which worked against the betterment of the wider community by aiding those intent on seizing control of sovereign entities without the consent of their native populace.
Secretary of Intelligence for the interregional capitalist-centered alliance known as the Alliance of Capitalists, Conservatives, and Economic Libertarians (ACCEL), an entity North East Somerset considered to be a proto-Imperialist alliance, where they were charged primarily with purging defenders and defender-leaning powers from their sphere of influence.
Field Marshal of the United Imperial Armed Forces, a powerhouse of a military organization that stymied defenders for years and captured many regions, particularly those affiliated with the Founderless Regions Alliance.
Distressed by the knowledge that this nation authorized military aid for Lady Phedre in the August 2008 Empire coup of The East Pacific with their Imperialist region Great Britain and Ireland while serving as sovereign of that region.
Alarmed that the Crimson Order coup of The North Pacific by Lewis and Clark received the support of The New Inquisition with the full encouragement of North East Somerset, whose positions in that region were detailed previously.
Shocked that North East Somerset directed the infiltration of the Founderless Regions Alliance by means of Wibblefeet, an operative left in place for five years who served as Arch-Chancellor of the organization during that time. They reported everything during their infiltration back to North East Somerset, who was the head of The New Inquisition's intelligence department.
Appalled that North East Somerset planned and executed operations whose infamy lives on to this day in regions of great influence, such as:
The unseating of Founderless Regions Alliance member Northern Chittowa as Delegate of Lazarus in April 2008, a raid executed with the intention of pursuing plans to later take control of Lazarus itself.
The infamous raid of Belgium in early 2012, which was on its own yet another an act of aggression against uninvolved natives.
The coup of The Rejected Realms on February 2, 2012, enacted through the raid of Belgium, which propelled the military forces of The New Inquisition into the Delegacy of The Rejected Realms. These actions were committed while the nation was a key member of a signatory region of the Pan Sinker Security Pact, displaying their lack of respect for fellow signatories of non-aggression treaties.
Concerned that this was not the end of their maneuvers in the Sinker regions, as North East Somerset was located in Balder nearly from its inception and gradually siphoned control of the region from its stewards during this time, beginning with several instances of electoral engineering to enact the seizure of critical assets to the region. This kick-started the process of driving the defenders from the United Defenders League from Balder and claiming the region as their own.
Dismayed that North East Somerset was the main pioneer in uncovering the art of raising impenetrable defenses in raided regions, preventing defending forces from liberating those regions from the invading forces.
Adamantly Believing that North East Somerset is more than deserving of a Condemnation for their aforementioned heinous deeds of subversion across the world.
Hereby Condemns North East Somerset.