General Assembly Resolution # 91
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.
Category: Civil Rights
Proposed by: Sionis Prioratus
AWED by the progress the World Assembly has made in Civil Rights;
AWARE that in spite of said progress, there are still persons who, while free from discrimination, are denied their basic self-sense of personhood & identity, an abuse often beginning in the earliest infancy;
FURTHER AWARE said denials are a source of untold countless horrors, among them depression & suicide;
DESIROUS of eliminating those horrors;
IT IS ESTABLISHED:
Majoritarian genders (MG): The most prevalent genders found on any given sapient species (e.g. female & male) defined not only by genetic and/or anatomical features, but also by cultural roles each culture usually ascribes them. This resolution does not in any way deny that many sapient species do not have dichotomy in gender; but may differ in number of prevalent genders;
Intersex persons: Due to genetic variations, cannot be assigned to any MG by evidence of genetic and/or anatomical features;
Transgender persons: Born in a given MG, their basic self-sense of personhood & identity belong in another MG;
Intergender persons: Self-identify as belonging to more than one MG at once, or not belonging to any MG at all; may express combinations of MG attributes, or none at all; also may have any MG features;
Gender-adequation procedure (GAP): Medical procedures seeking to assign to intersex, transgender or intergender persons gender-related anatomical and/or genetic features needed to fit in a person-centered adequate gender.
2) No intersex, transgender or intergender person shall be considered diseased by the sole reason of being intersex, transgender or intergender;
3) No nation can prohibit GAPs to intersex, transgender or intergender persons; nor can they be prohibited to travel to other nations for the sole reason of seeking GAPs in said nations; nor can return be denied for the sole reason of having had GAPs;
4) No intersex, transgender or intergender person shall be forced to choose to fit in any gender; persons are free to keep whatever life-compatible features Nature gave them. They shall be recognized as intersex (or culturally equivalent gender terms) if documents require gender identification;
5) Full recognition shall be given to gender changes & intersex/gender status in international/national personal documents, if they mention gender;
6) No intersex, transgender or intergender persons of any age shall have GAPs until they are mature enough to make an informed decision regarding their own future;
7) Intersex, transgender & intergender persons shall be:
a) Provided access to a list of expert GAP providers, as well as peer support, before & after GAPs. Said support shall also be provided to intersex, transgender & intergender persons who choose not to have GAPs;
b) Consistently told the truth, within the limits of their advisors knowledge and belief (including providers honesty about uncertainty) & given copies of their medical records as soon & as often as they ask for them;
c) Allowed to have GAPs after they have been informed of the risks & benefits (plus evidence, or lack thereof, for both).